Emerson Climate Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.2

Engineer Interview

Be prepared to answer "Tell me about a time you....." questions.
    Have examples ready, cause effect examples help. The problem was X and I did this and that to get to outcome of Y.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. Looking back I should have. Average raise, even for great employees is 3%......keep this in mind.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies.

Applied for 1 position, and was called in for an interview. Interview was for some different position I did not apply for. Then I was interviewed by the HR Department who had glowing comments about my skills related to yet a different position that I did not apply for. The HR rep told me they would be "in touch soon". Three weeks later I got an automated "Thank You" reject note email for yet another position I did not apply for.

Interview Questions
    • The whole experience was baffling, confusing, and completely unexpected.   Answer Question

Emerson Climate Technologies Response

Jan 16, 2014Social Marketing Manager

We appreciate constructive feedback, so thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience. This is certainly not our standard and we will take into account your comments.

Customer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies.

Initially contacted through phone. 1st round with HR, 2nd round was a whole day with multiple managers, final round - division head and hr head. Extremely professional and transparent. A++ for interview process. Questions were very well prepared but not too difficult.

Marketing Development Co-Op Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies.

Phone interview. Then followed up with meeting two managers and for a final interview met with the VP of DS.

Interview Questions
    • Not many since I had worked at the company in the past.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies.

initial phone interview, onsite interview with manager various CAD FEM questions

Retail Support Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies in April 2012.

I was very pleased with the interview process. From the initial phone contact to the in-person interview, the team at Emerson was very professional and courteous. Interviews were conducted by the immediate supervisor, team supervisor, human resources manager and the vice president of the account. Emerson was very accommodating in making sure my interview was a very fluid and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • The considered my choice to work for them more af a lateral move than a "step up" and asked why I would take that position.   View Answer

Transport Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies in September 2011.

Had 1:1 interview with four different people. They were very nice and I received a tour around the plant.

Analytics Cadet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies in July 2014.

There will be a phone interview. After you passed, they will invite you to their office. There will be an orientation about the company, position you are applying for and benefits of the employee. After that there will be a series of interview and examinations.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about what you had indicated in your resume.   View Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies in August 2013.

Face to Face (Linux Kernel and/or Device Drivers)

Interview Questions
    • Write a program having 3 threads (Pthread)
      1st thread: Separate out the consonants from input text file & write it to a new file.
      2nd thread: Separate out the non consonants from the same input text file(used above) & write it to new file
      3rd thread: Sort the file generated in 2nd thread.
    • Write a re-entrant function?   View Answer
    • What is the meaning of bottom half? Why do we need them? Why there are different types of bottom half? What u do in tasklets?
      What do u know about softirq?
      What are the steps you will perform, if Kernel Crashes?
      What will u do if kernel hangs in Interrupt Handle?
      What is the first/basic step you will perform in interrupt handler?
        View Answer
    • Why local variables are not shared and global variable are shared?
      Every Process/thread has its own memory space. What is the meaning of that?
      If there are 100's of malloc and free and if program gives seg fault how will you identify it?
        View Answer
    • What is Hotplug Device?
      Suppose I coping a 1GB movie from PC to USB device and instead of safely remove, I directly plug it out, what will happen?
      Why USB devices need, safely remove?

Operations Internship Interview

Initial phone interview. Then on-site face to face interview followed by meet the teams. Very nice team culture and company atmosphere.