Emerson Climate Technologies

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.1

Programmer/Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies.

Overall the process was about 3 1/2 hours meeting with HR then a manager, lead programmer, and another experienced programmer. It went well working with the manager and two programmers but the interaction with HR was very bad. Asking invasive questions like "how much are you currently paid" and saying it is a requirement of the application (dont fall for that). Also part of the application requirement is supplying at least 3 references. Not a difficult process but it shows they are old school with how they do business as it seems more companies no longer bother with them.

Other then speaking with HR the interview was great and speaking with everyone was very pleasant and they were all very knowledgeable. Definitely seems like a decent place to work. Not very difficult answering any programming questions that they threw at me. They were all pretty basic concepts of the languages to ensure I knew them at least.

Interview Questions
    • What is some projects you have worked on that show your talent with programming?   View Answer

I didn't like the pay they offered and it seems as though the usual raise rate is only 3% without much hope for more then that. Along with the lack of potential growth offered in that area.

Engineer Interview

Be prepared to answer "Tell me about a time you....." questions.
    Have examples ready, cause effect examples help. The problem was X and I did this and that to get to outcome of Y.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. Looking back I should have. Average raise, even for great employees is 3%......keep this in mind.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH

Applied for 1 position, and was called in for an interview. Interview was for some different position I did not apply for. Then I was interviewed by the HR Department who had glowing comments about my skills related to yet a different position that I did not apply for. The HR rep told me they would be "in touch soon". Three weeks later I got an automated "Thank You" reject note email for yet another position I did not apply for.

Interview Questions
    • The whole experience was baffling, confusing, and completely unexpected.   Answer Question

Emerson Climate Technologies Response

Jan 16, 2014Social Marketing Manager

We appreciate constructive feedback, so thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience. This is certainly not our standard and we will take into account your comments.

Customer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies.

Initially contacted through phone. 1st round with HR, 2nd round was a whole day with multiple managers, final round - division head and hr head. Extremely professional and transparent. A++ for interview process. Questions were very well prepared but not too difficult.

Marketing Development Co-Op Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies.

Phone interview. Then followed up with meeting two managers and for a final interview met with the VP of DS.

Interview Questions
    • Not many since I had worked at the company in the past.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies.

initial phone interview, onsite interview with manager various CAD FEM questions

Retail Support Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies in April 2012.

I was very pleased with the interview process. From the initial phone contact to the in-person interview, the team at Emerson was very professional and courteous. Interviews were conducted by the immediate supervisor, team supervisor, human resources manager and the vice president of the account. Emerson was very accommodating in making sure my interview was a very fluid and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • The considered my choice to work for them more af a lateral move than a "step up" and asked why I would take that position.   View Answer

Transport Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies in September 2011.

Had 1:1 interview with four different people. They were very nice and I received a tour around the plant.

Marketing/Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies in November 2014.

Overall the process took about three weeks. I applied online and received a phone call within a week. The phone call was an initial phone screening/interview with HR. A few days later I was scheduled to meet with potential colleagues/people within the department. The questions were straight forward mainly asking about previous work experience and applying your experience and skills to this position. A few days later I met with the hiring manager followed by HR. Once again, the questions were fairly similar in all interviews mainly asking about previous work experience and skills while giving examples of times you faced a challenged and so on.

The interviews were great and speaking with everyone was a pleasure. They were all very knowledgeable in answering questions about the company culture and position. All were very friendly and definitely made the company seem like an amazing place to work for.

Analytics Cadet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Emerson Climate Technologies in July 2014.

There will be a phone interview. After you passed, they will invite you to their office. There will be an orientation about the company, position you are applying for and benefits of the employee. After that there will be a series of interview and examinations.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about what you had indicated in your resume.   View Answer