Emerson

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Emerson in November 2011.

Interview Details – Intially a phone interview, which covered the background of the role etc. Then a face to interview with 2 managers and an external recruiter simultaneously. The phone interview was OK. But in the face to face interview external recruiter (HR) seemed to be oversmart and an over confident individual, which lead me not interested in the company. Besides that they offered to very very low salary even for an experienced engineer. I was advised by the HR to walk down to train station in a stormy weather after the interview, which i declined. All this experiences at the interview, made me realise that this would not be a good company for me to work. Wasted a valuable day, however i recovered my expenses. The company which fights for every penny from its prospective employee is not a good company to work for.

Interview Question – How do you solve this problem?. Lot of them were of technical nature   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Emerson in May 2007.

Interview Details – 2 stage hiring process - First HR selection interview, and subsequent hiring manager interview. Once offer was made, very limited time within which to accept or reject - leading to limited negotiation. (Note: Extremely difficult to obtain a raise/ promotion once hired.)

Interview Question – Most question were fairly standard interview questions. SOme questions were behaviour based, therefore, you had a scenario where they would ask what you did in your past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Emerson

Worked for Emerson? Contribute to the Community!