Emerson Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

Engineer Interview

Be prepared to answer "Tell me about a time you....." questions.
Have examples ready, cause effect examples help. The problem was X and I did this and that to get to outcome of Y.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
I did not negotiate. Looking back I should have. Average raise, even for great employees is 3%......keep this in mind.

Other Interview Reviews for Emerson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

The process took a weekinterviewed at Emerson in April 2012.

Started with a phone interview discussing experience and how it fits position. In person interview came about a week later. It consisted of four one-on-one interviews. Each of those had a few "think of a time when (blank) happened..." along with questions about resume.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Emerson in February 2012.

the job is entry, I am female experienced engineer in China, after immigrated into U.S. and few years gap of no job for taking care of child. recently graduated with master degree in engineering. I guess that they are looking for new grads with on experience, that is the reason for not get future interview...

Interview Questions
    • what is your most successful project or work you have done before.   View Answer
    • what is your weakness?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Emerson in December 2011.

organized, met with a panel of potential staff members and managers

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work here and where do you see yourself in 5 yrs.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emerson in April 2012.

a written test followed by an interview,,,then called to the company and there three to four pis were taken wid people of higher posts in the company,,,after that the results were declared

Interview Questions
    • technical questions relating to my stream...   View Answer
    • family background, is there a problem in travelling, have a passport or not??   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Emerson in November 2011.

Intially a phone interview, which covered the background of the role etc. Then a face to interview with 2 managers and an external recruiter simultaneously. The phone interview was OK. But in the face to face interview external recruiter (HR) seemed to be oversmart and an over confident individual, which lead me not interested in the company. Besides that they offered to very very low salary even for an experienced engineer. I was advised by the HR to walk down to train station in a stormy weather after the interview, which i declined. All this experiences at the interview, made me realise that this would not be a good company for me to work. Wasted a valuable day, however i recovered my expenses. The company which fights for every penny from its prospective employee is not a good company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • How do you solve this problem?. Lot of them were of technical nature   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhopal (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bhopal (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Emerson in May 2010.

Interview process followed following sequence: (a) Company presentation (b) Job Opportunities and job description (c) Skills Test (c) Shortlisting and technical interviews (d) HR Interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on the general life, which contains the step-by-step thinking for a problem.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emerson in April 2009.

easy interview process. consisted only for few hours

none

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Emerson in January 2009.

only one interviewer, himself seems not comfortable being the interviewer. he asked me a few routine question from a list. only took half a hour to finish the interview.

Interview Questions
    no neg, the payment is fix for intern

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Emerson in January 2009.

I was interviewed by my future boss (engineering supervisor) and his boss (technical manager). They questioned me about the facts from my resume, asked me about my expectations from the company. Explained about the company, what would job duties be, talked about product portfolio. Then we talked about salary expectations.