Emerson Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.9

Human Resources Interview

Interviews vary from business unit to business unit and by person. Some are informal while others utilize behavior based interviews and or use Lominger competences. Overall, the interview process was well organized, meeting with key people.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was not needed.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

They had one round on campus and then another round at their headquarters. The first interview lasted for thirty minutes and the second round was all day. I am not sure how many people actually got offers.

Project Engineer Interview

Flew in for the one day quick interview and had Tour of the office building and assembly floor. The interview itself was very quick. Had a phine interview followed by expenses paid one-on-one interview with my future boss.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Emerson.

Initially screened through phone interview, then an in person discussion with the hiring manager. Final step was multiple interviews over the course of six hours. After passing the interview stage, a period of negotiation was necessary to meet my needs as an experienced hire.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you leave where you are working to come here?   Answer Question
    Needed to negotiate vacation time as I was an experienced hire. Salary negotiation was as expected.

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Emerson.

There are two rounds of interviews. The first one is a very casual conversation and for the second interview you go to headquarters and have interviews.

NPD Design Engineering Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Emerson in June 2010.

Smooth professional hiring process

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

They generally only use outside recruiters (contract, RTH) to find talent, although employee referral occurs as well. They generally bypass a recruitment pre-screen by using one of three outside recruitment agencies, regardless of how they came by an applicant. However, most of the time, they are looking for a body to fill a seat, and are not really interested in their technical or business savy.

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to perform a function outside of your realm of expertise (with no additional training), would you be able to jump in and be the team player.   View Answer
    Difficult, they were not willing to give much, but in the end we both were agreeable to it. The HR department basically ignored the Hiring Manager and took it upon themselves to try and cut the position off at the "Salaries knees". Note: I learned, after the fact, that they were negotiating with at least three other people for the position a the same time. Whomever relented the most, got the job, as all but one were of equal experience levels. What got it for me, was the promise (in writing from HR) of guaranteed modest increases for the first two years (however, they never happened, despite very good performance reviews, and I eventually left the company).

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Emerson in October 2012.

Post MBA position as a planner through their OPEN leadership program. 3 rounds. First screen through corporate HR, then through 2 rounds-1 was an entire day of interviews and 2 was interviews w senior heads of businesses and case study with presentation. Interviews were 45min to an hour long with planners, head of group, and business unit executives.

Interview Questions
    • Case study and presentation, with the entire strategic planning group.   View Answer
    Some room but pay was in line with expectations.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Emerson.

Fairly typical: phone screening, then in-person interview with potential co-workers and managers lasting about 4 hours. I was called back for the 2nd round of interviews with upper mgmt and was told I would hear back within a week. I never heard back even after emailing and calling the hiring manager and internal recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing overly difficult or unexpected. What was unexpected was interviewing with upper mgmt then never hearing back from them. Very disappointed that the hiring manager or internal recruiter didn't contact me to say I wasn't offered the position.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Emerson.

I was called by HR headhunter. They rushed to get me in to the interview because they thought I was so perfect for them. I interviewed and they were frustrated I did not have experience with large component refrigerators. I never even heard back from them. Bush-league.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of large component refrigerator experience do you have?   Answer Question

Worked for Emerson? Contribute to the Community!