Emerson Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.9

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Emerson.

Interview

One on one interview, with the person that will be my manager for that term. They focused mainly on my resume. Also focused on previous jobs/ previous co-ops at Emerson.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the refrigeration cylce   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Welcome, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emerson (Welcome, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for positions at ASCO in Welcome, NC.
    My first communication was at a career show at my college. I applied online for three positions online. I received an email about two phone interviews with three hiring managers. I called and setup the times. It turned out to be three positions that I was interviewing for.
    After the phone interviews I received an email to setup an on site interview forthe manufacturing engineer position. It was a tour, interview and a trial by fire.
    The trial by fire was three actual issues that popped up during the tour with one of the managers that I would have been working with on the production floor. It showed how fast paced the job is.
    I had a second on site interview with other managers and the HR personnel a couple of days later. At the end I was told that I would have a call back at the beginning of the next week.
    Two weeks later, no call back and seeing a new posting of the same position told me that I didn't get the job.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emerson (Sidney, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Initially phone interview then on site interview with 5 different people then had to do power point presentation sent by Email then a background check . Interview was very easy. They were not trying to trip or anything . They just want somebody to fill the position it seems.

Interview Questions

• Education, work experiences given I have no Business degree and applying for Manager of business Development but it seems a business degree is not required for a business development job here.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer negotiable . They seem they want good candidates at that location.

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was not very difficult. There was a lot of focus on CAD skills and applicable experience. I made every experience I had in school count and tied it to whatever question they asked me. I have experience with different kinds of software so my versatile skills were attractive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was very happy for the offer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Emerson (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was asked how my Excel skills were, what systems I had experience using, told a little about the company and the specific business unit. I was called back within 2 hours to come in for an on-site interview. The process is 1 phone interview and 2 on site interviews. I met with 2 people for an hour each.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions:
      Tell me about yourself, Weaknesses, Strengths, etc.

1 Answer

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

I got this interview because someone passed my resume to the hiring manager and they saw a fit based on my background. So they directly bring me in to the in-person interview without phone interview or sth. Interview was not hard, most conversational. They show you their product and ask for your ideas.

User Interface Test Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

Scheduled this interview a day after the Spring Engineering Career Fair at Penn State. Interview was held on-campus. Interviewed (and spoke with during the career fair) with an engineer from the Marshalltown, Iowa location. Started off with their standard HR form, then had me elaborate on my background, a couple of personality/situational questions, a couple of skills/conceptual questions, then I asked some questions about life at Emerson. Got a request for a second-round interview a week later.

Interview Questions

• Given two hexadecimal numbers, bitwise and and or them and return the results in hexadecimal.

Write a function that prints the numbers 1 through 100.

Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Emerson.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview immediately but they rescheduled on me twice. I was asked very generic questions and when I asked questions back I was referred to the website although there was no relevance to what I was trying to understand about the position. I was then never contacted back to inform me if there would be a follow up although one was promised. After unsuccessfully attempting follow up contact I came to the conclusion that there was no offer forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Where will you be in 5 years. Why should we hire you. All generic non relevant questions for a senior executive position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Emerson (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

It was through my school. Basic interview questions. They had one HR person and one design engineer. The engineer didn't ask any questions really like 1 or 2.

Electronics Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke with HR over the phone, and was shortly after flown out for an interview. The interview day was very long and tiring. Had 9 1:1 interviews, all of which were the same thing - questions about my resume and experience. Besides the interviews, had a 5 question test in the lab. The test's goal was to check my ability to read schematics, and work with testing equipment.

Interview Questions

• Given a op-amp, find the Vo as a function of Vin. Had to solve on the board.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that outputs the maximum number in an array. Choose any programming language.   Answer Question