Emerson

Updated Oct 26, 2014
Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Emerson.

First they call and talk to you about your resume for about 30 mins, not any hard questions, they are just trying to get a feel as to what experience you have.

After that screening they schedule an interview.
    The interview lasts about 4 hours, they ask a lot of question and ask you to do some basic algorithms, and they want to see how logically you think.
    Then they take you out to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • If you have an linked list with certain values, how can you tell what the highest value is of the list, whether there is a push or a pull.   View Answer

Engineer In Leadership Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Emerson.

I applied through my campus career website before our career fair and had a half hour initial round interview. The next stage would have been a second round interview, then offers.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Emerson.

Campus recruiting initially. One on one conversational interview. They invite you to the HQ in St. Louis depending on performance. The HQ visit is a series of 30-40 minute interviews with multiple people within the department. Still waiting to hear back...

Engineer In Leadership Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Emerson in October 2014.

Went through College Career Fair. Simple behavioral interview, went over resume and had time for 2-3 questions at the end. Fairly new program, so it seems to be more for a personality fit rather than a technical fit. Still looking for technically adept people, but definitely culture based

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I was most proud of throughout my college career.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interviews vary from business unit to business unit and by person. Some are informal while others utilize behavior based interviews and or use Lominger competences. Overall, the interview process was well organized, meeting with key people.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was not needed.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

They had one round on campus and then another round at their headquarters. The first interview lasted for thirty minutes and the second round was all day. I am not sure how many people actually got offers.

Project Engineer Interview

Flew in for the one day quick interview and had Tour of the office building and assembly floor. The interview itself was very quick. Had a phine interview followed by expenses paid one-on-one interview with my future boss.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emerson.

Initially screened through phone interview, then an in person discussion with the hiring manager. Final step was multiple interviews over the course of six hours. After passing the interview stage, a period of negotiation was necessary to meet my needs as an experienced hire.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you leave where you are working to come here?   Answer Question
    Needed to negotiate vacation time as I was an experienced hire. Salary negotiation was as expected.

Human Resources Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Emerson.

There are two rounds of interviews. The first one is a very casual conversation and for the second interview you go to headquarters and have interviews.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

They generally only use outside recruiters (contract, RTH) to find talent, although employee referral occurs as well. They generally bypass a recruitment pre-screen by using one of three outside recruitment agencies, regardless of how they came by an applicant. However, most of the time, they are looking for a body to fill a seat, and are not really interested in their technical or business savy.

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to perform a function outside of your realm of expertise (with no additional training), would you be able to jump in and be the team player.   View Answer
    Difficult, they were not willing to give much, but in the end we both were agreeable to it. The HR department basically ignored the Hiring Manager and took it upon themselves to try and cut the position off at the "Salaries knees". Note: I learned, after the fact, that they were negotiating with at least three other people for the position a the same time. Whomever relented the most, got the job, as all but one were of equal experience levels. What got it for me, was the promise (in writing from HR) of guaranteed modest increases for the first two years (however, they never happened, despite very good performance reviews, and I eventually left the company).