Emerson

Updated Feb 16, 2015
Updated Feb 16, 2015

2.9

User Interface Test Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Emerson.

Scheduled this interview a day after the Spring Engineering Career Fair at Penn State. Interview was held on-campus. Interviewed (and spoke with during the career fair) with an engineer from the Marshalltown, Iowa location. Started off with their standard HR form, then had me elaborate on my background, a couple of personality/situational questions, a couple of skills/conceptual questions, then I asked some questions about life at Emerson. Got a request for a second-round interview a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Given two hexadecimal numbers, bitwise and and or them and return the results in hexadecimal.

Write a function that prints the numbers 1 through 100.

Answer Question

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Emerson.

My interview was very specific, as the organization on my particular location was just started. I contacted directly the business unit in another country, pass an interview there and then come back in my country for a second interview. So I pass two interviews, one face to face 1:1 with HR manager, plant manager, direct manager, technical director of the business unit I suppose to work for, and then a second interview in my country with HR manager, local organisation director and direct manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult working/relationship situation & your attitude towards this situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Emerson.

First they call and talk to you about your resume for about 30 mins, not any hard questions, they are just trying to get a feel as to what experience you have.

After that screening they schedule an interview.
    The interview lasts about 4 hours, they ask a lot of question and ask you to do some basic algorithms, and they want to see how logically you think.
    Then they take you out to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • If you have an linked list with certain values, how can you tell what the highest value is of the list, whether there is a push or a pull.   View Answer

Engineer In Leadership Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Emerson.

I applied through my campus career website before our career fair and had a half hour initial round interview. The next stage would have been a second round interview, then offers.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Emerson.

Campus recruiting initially. One on one conversational interview. They invite you to the HQ in St. Louis depending on performance. The HQ visit is a series of 30-40 minute interviews with multiple people within the department. Still waiting to hear back...

Engineer In Leadership Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Emerson in October 2014.

Went through College Career Fair. Simple behavioral interview, went over resume and had time for 2-3 questions at the end. Fairly new program, so it seems to be more for a personality fit rather than a technical fit. Still looking for technically adept people, but definitely culture based

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I was most proud of throughout my college career.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interviews vary from business unit to business unit and by person. Some are informal while others utilize behavior based interviews and or use Lominger competences. Overall, the interview process was well organized, meeting with key people.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was not needed.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

They had one round on campus and then another round at their headquarters. The first interview lasted for thirty minutes and the second round was all day. I am not sure how many people actually got offers.

Project Engineer Interview

Flew in for the one day quick interview and had Tour of the office building and assembly floor. The interview itself was very quick. Had a phine interview followed by expenses paid one-on-one interview with my future boss.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emerson.

Initially screened through phone interview, then an in person discussion with the hiring manager. Final step was multiple interviews over the course of six hours. After passing the interview stage, a period of negotiation was necessary to meet my needs as an experienced hire.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you leave where you are working to come here?   Answer Question
    Needed to negotiate vacation time as I was an experienced hire. Salary negotiation was as expected.