Emerson

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

Interviewed at Emerson

Interview Details – Flew in for the one day quick interview and had Tour of the office building and assembly floor. The interview itself was very quick. Had a phine interview followed by expenses paid one-on-one interview with my future boss.

Negotiation Details – .

Enterprise Architect Interview

Enterprise Architect
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Emerson.

Interview Details – Initially screened through phone interview, then an in person discussion with the hiring manager. Final step was multiple interviews over the course of six hours. After passing the interview stage, a period of negotiation was necessary to meet my needs as an experienced hire.

Interview Question – Why would you leave where you are working to come here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Needed to negotiate vacation time as I was an experienced hire. Salary negotiation was as expected.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Emerson.

Interview Details – There are two rounds of interviews. The first one is a very casual conversation and for the second interview you go to headquarters and have interviews.

Interview Question – How will the changing healthcare laws affect HR?   Answer Question

NPD Design Engineering Manager Interview

NPD Design Engineering Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Emerson in June 2010.

Interview Details – Smooth professional hiring process

Interview Question – Why would you want to come to work for ClsoetMaid   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Saint Louis, MO

Interview Details – They generally only use outside recruiters (contract, RTH) to find talent, although employee referral occurs as well. They generally bypass a recruitment pre-screen by using one of three outside recruitment agencies, regardless of how they came by an applicant. However, most of the time, they are looking for a body to fill a seat, and are not really interested in their technical or business savy.

Interview Question – If you were asked to perform a function outside of your realm of expertise (with no additional training), would you be able to jump in and be the team player.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Difficult, they were not willing to give much, but in the end we both were agreeable to it. The HR department basically ignored the Hiring Manager and took it upon themselves to try and cut the position off at the "Salaries knees". Note: I learned, after the fact, that they were negotiating with at least three other people for the position a the same time. Whomever relented the most, got the job, as all but one were of equal experience levels. What got it for me, was the promise (in writing from HR) of guaranteed modest increases for the first two years (however, they never happened, despite very good performance reviews, and I eventually left the company).

Strategic Planner Interview

Strategic Planner
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Emerson in October 2012.

Interview Details – Post MBA position as a planner through their OPEN leadership program. 3 rounds. First screen through corporate HR, then through 2 rounds-1 was an entire day of interviews and 2 was interviews w senior heads of businesses and case study with presentation. Interviews were 45min to an hour long with planners, head of group, and business unit executives.

Interview Question – Case study and presentation, with the entire strategic planning group.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Some room but pay was in line with expectations.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Emerson.

Interview Details – Fairly typical: phone screening, then in-person interview with potential co-workers and managers lasting about 4 hours. I was called back for the 2nd round of interviews with upper mgmt and was told I would hear back within a week. I never heard back even after emailing and calling the hiring manager and internal recruiter.

Interview Question – Nothing overly difficult or unexpected. What was unexpected was interviewing with upper mgmt then never hearing back from them. Very disappointed that the hiring manager or internal recruiter didn't contact me to say I wasn't offered the position.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Emerson.

Interview Details – I was called by HR headhunter. They rushed to get me in to the interview because they thought I was so perfect for them. I interviewed and they were frustrated I did not have experience with large component refrigerators. I never even heard back from them. Bush-league.

Interview Question – What sort of large component refrigerator experience do you have?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Manufacturing Supervisor
Rockland, ME

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Emerson in March 2013.

Interview Details – First a half hour phone interview followed by a 3 hour, 6 person interviews, 30 minutes a piece.

Interview Question – I we were to call your most recent employer and ask them what was the one thing that you could improve on, what would that be?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Chanhassen, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Emerson in June 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired after two interviews as an intern. standard questions.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Emerson

Worked for Emerson? Contribute to the Community!