Emerson Interview Questions in Marshalltown, IA

Updated May 6, 2015

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was not very difficult. There was a lot of focus on CAD skills and applicable experience. I made every experience I had in school count and tied it to whatever question they asked me. I have experience with different kinds of software so my versatile skills were attractive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was very happy for the offer

Electronics Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke with HR over the phone, and was shortly after flown out for an interview. The interview day was very long and tiring. Had 9 1:1 interviews, all of which were the same thing - questions about my resume and experience. Besides the interviews, had a 5 question test in the lab. The test's goal was to check my ability to read schematics, and work with testing equipment.

Interview Questions

• Given a op-amp, find the Vo as a function of Vin. Had to solve on the board.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that outputs the maximum number in an array. Choose any programming language.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a 3 hour in person interview process w/4 different interviewers

Interview Questions

• All the questions were challenging and varied between interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, they came in with a solid offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshalltown, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Emerson (Marshalltown, IA) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview was set up at a Career Fair, gentleman I talked to led me to believe that the interview would be with the Emerson parent company. Interviewed with a different gentleman working for Fisher explicitly (control valves). Interview started off well, I had experience with the line of TI micro controllers he used (MSP valueline).

Interviewer was dressed in casual attire, Polo and slacks. Prompted me for questions about the company multiple times. Took approx. 30 min. Not a lot of technical questions. More interested in previous project experiences than technical knowledge.

I inquired about opportunities outside of Fisher, and he seemed to become upset. He told me he was recruiting for Fisher only.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes an array as the only parameter, and returns an array of the same values in reverse order. Any language, must compile.   1 Answer
    • Talk about a time when you worked in a group with one or more people when they didn't complete their independent objectives.

Followup was how did you handle it.

Answer Question

Didn't get an offer from the area I was applying for.