Emerson Network Power

Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.9

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Network Power in November 2014.

Applied online, took around 3 weeks for them to contact me, then they asked me for a group interview wih other engineers of the company. The interview was 45 minutes long, plus I was not the only person that was being interviewed the same day, I had to wait for my turn. The engineers were really nice and friendly, they try their best in order to make you comfortable through the all interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly JAVA questions... what is the name the extension of a java application file?? what it is the difference between a Vector and a Hashmap??? some logical questions like.. if you have two classes in your application and want to read from a file at the same time on both of them how would you do it?? also if you two classes that reads from the same file how would you deal or prevent them to access the same file at the same time?? what would you implement?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Emerson Network Power in July 2014.

Initial interview with recruiter followed by a grueling 6 simultaneous technical and non technical interview done in one afternoon. Questions were random since the 6 interviewers were not in the room at the same time. One coming after the other with a different interview approach. Overall it was very disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • We like you but you do not possess the experience we required, are you willing to take a step back and accept a lower position with lower pay?   Answer Question

Pay is too low - 20K off advertised amount.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emerson Network Power in July 2014.

I applied online and received an email to schedule an interview about a month later. I met with the head of engineering then three people that worked in the software engineering department. They were all very kind and enthusiastic.

Senior Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Network Power in June 2014.

The interview process was very quick. I applied online and a few days later received an email to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long and a few days later I was scheduled to come into the office in Westerville for an in-person interview with the manager and department VP. The in-person interview lasted about two hours. The process was very casual. The phone interview focused more on my qualifications and the in-person was more focused on my questions. I left the in-person interview very excited about the opportunity in the company. About a week later I received a generic email response letting me know that I was no long being considered.

Power Tech Support Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Network Power.

Interview was extremely detailed and on a high technical level. Met with all powers that be involved with Tech Support. Discussed current work position, duties and responsibilities and why I would like to enter Tech Support

Marketing Intern Interview

I had 3 interviews total. First was a phone interview with HR. I then met with the same HR manager for 30 minutes and after that met my potential supervisor for 30 minutes. They asked tough questions but if you're prepared you'll be fine. They are serious about getting the right people on board.

Software Developer Interview

Fair

Power Supply Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Network Power in April 2013.

I applied online and the process took about two weeks. The interview was on campus. There were two interviewers from Emerson. They were very kind and outgoing which made the interview very comfortable. They mainly asked about my schooling and my previous experiences then left questions at the end for me to ask. They said the process after the interview was that they would look at all the applicants and then decide by the end of the week to see who they would select to go on to the second interview at their site. Weeks passed and no notification at all from them. So i assumed that I didn't get select. The thing about Emerson is that they basically accept all applicants for the first interview. If they see something they like in you and if you have plenty of past experiences then you will have a higher chance of getting select to go on to the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were just about my school, my courses, senior design project, hobbies, and past experiences. No hard or technical questions for the first interview. The second interview may consists of some technical questions as I was told.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Network Power in September 2012.

A staffing agent initially contacted me about the position. After meeting with him to discuss the position, compensation and what to expect from an interview. He contacted Emerson to setup an interview.

The interview was with four people: the software team manager, the build manager and two senior software engineer. The interview began with the usual description of the company, an explanation of what the typical project was like, and what the company expects from its employees.

The question portion was completely focused on my education, past projects, and which technologies I was familiar with. There weren't really any technical question asked.

After the interview, it took about two weeks for them to contact me about the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The only questions asked were about my experience rather than about a specific technology or example.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ironton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ironton, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Network Power in November 2011.

I had 2 interviews, 1 with Kelly services (temporary agency), then I had to take the work keys tests, then about 3 days later I interviewed with the company. It was three-on-one, they were dressed very professionally, so make sure you do the same if you want the job. I didn't hear anything for about four days, then was called and offered a position. It was a sort of long process with no transparency whatsoever, so be patient. I was hired as a temp. They had a hiring freeze and it took 90 days for me to get hired full-time.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging obstacle you ever faced on a job? How did overcome it?   View Answer
    I asked if they had community outreach programs, that seemed to really turn them on to me.