Emerson Network Power

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Corporate Recruiter Interview

Senior Corporate Recruiter
Westerville, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Emerson Network Power in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was very quick. I applied online and a few days later received an email to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long and a few days later I was scheduled to come into the office in Westerville for an in-person interview with the manager and department VP. The in-person interview lasted about two hours. The process was very casual. The phone interview focused more on my qualifications and the in-person was more focused on my questions. I left the in-person interview very excited about the opportunity in the company. About a week later I received a generic email response letting me know that I was no long being considered.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer
Tempe, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Emerson Network Power in September 2012.

Interview Details – A staffing agent initially contacted me about the position. After meeting with him to discuss the position, compensation and what to expect from an interview. He contacted Emerson to setup an interview.

The interview was with four people: the software team manager, the build manager and two senior software engineer. The interview began with the usual description of the company, an explanation of what the typical project was like, and what the company expects from its employees.

The question portion was completely focused on my education, past projects, and which technologies I was familiar with. There weren't really any technical question asked.

After the interview, it took about two weeks for them to contact me about the offer.

Interview Question – The only questions asked were about my experience rather than about a specific technology or example.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator
Ironton, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Emerson Network Power in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews, 1 with Kelly services (temporary agency), then I had to take the work keys tests, then about 3 days later I interviewed with the company. It was three-on-one, they were dressed very professionally, so make sure you do the same if you want the job. I didn't hear anything for about four days, then was called and offered a position. It was a sort of long process with no transparency whatsoever, so be patient. I was hired as a temp. They had a hiring freeze and it took 90 days for me to get hired full-time.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging obstacle you ever faced on a job? How did overcome it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked if they had community outreach programs, that seemed to really turn them on to me.

Power Tech Support Interview

Power Tech Support

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Emerson Network Power.

Interview Details – Interview was extremely detailed and on a high technical level. Met with all powers that be involved with Tech Support. Discussed current work position, duties and responsibilities and why I would like to enter Tech Support

Interview Question – What does your current manager think about you   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at Emerson Network Power

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews total. First was a phone interview with HR. I then met with the same HR manager for 30 minutes and after that met my potential supervisor for 30 minutes. They asked tough questions but if you're prepared you'll be fine. They are serious about getting the right people on board.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Power Supply Engineer Interview

Power Supply Engineer
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Emerson Network Power in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took about two weeks. The interview was on campus. There were two interviewers from Emerson. They were very kind and outgoing which made the interview very comfortable. They mainly asked about my schooling and my previous experiences then left questions at the end for me to ask. They said the process after the interview was that they would look at all the applicants and then decide by the end of the week to see who they would select to go on to the second interview at their site. Weeks passed and no notification at all from them. So i assumed that I didn't get select. The thing about Emerson is that they basically accept all applicants for the first interview. If they see something they like in you and if you have plenty of past experiences then you will have a higher chance of getting select to go on to the second interview.

Interview Question – The questions were just about my school, my courses, senior design project, hobbies, and past experiences. No hard or technical questions for the first interview. The second interview may consists of some technical questions as I was told.   Answer Question

Director, Marquee Accounts Interview

Director, Marquee Accounts
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Emerson Network Power in January 2009.

Interview Details – Initial communication by placement firm, then two fone interviews. After phone interviews two trips to Columbus, OH for meetings with 9 employees. Overall took 13 weeks from initial conversation to offer letter. Very methodical process, thorough and organized. Got good opportunities to talk to employees and they with me.

Interview Question – What makes you the person for the job and not the other people being interviewed?   View Answer

Test Technician Interview

Test Technician
Delaware, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Emerson Network Power in January 2008.

Interview Details – Lame electronic theory test, and an interveiw with Villareal.

Interview Question – Not to many questions asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NONE, you get what they give you, just like the work environment.

Test Technician Interview

Test Technician
Stockton, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Emerson Network Power in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied in person and was called by HR manager to set up a time for an interview on-site. First interview with HR manager. Was asked about my background, how I learned about the position, and what I knew about the company. Second interview with hiring manager and supervisor. Was asked about job-related experience and problem solving skills. The manager had a circuit drawn on a whiteboard and asked me to trouble shoot it. Last interview with one of the most senior employees. This last person makes sure that you have the required skill set for the job, in my case electricity fundamentals and schematics. Finally, I had a tour visit to the shop led by one of the supervisors where he goes over many of the dangers of the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Make sure you know what is the average salary for that position.

Production Interview

Production
Welcome, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Emerson Network Power in May 2009.

Interview Details – Very informative. Easy test to take. Tour of plant.

Interview Question – What was my goal in life.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Emerson Network Power

Worked for Emerson Network Power? Contribute to the Community!