Emerson Process Management Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Oracle Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Emerson Process Management in April 2013.

I applied online and heard back within 2 weeks. 2 different HR phone screens were completed within a week. The following week I visited the office for 4 in-person interviews (on the same day) with superiors and other team members. I received an offer roughly a week later. The interview process was very straight forward. Once they saw that I was qualified, it was really more them discussing the company culture and how things worked in their division to make sure it was a fit for both parties.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you best handled a time-sensitive customer issue?   Answer Question

I was also interviewing with another group for the same position whose benefit package was significantly better.

Lead Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edina, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Emerson Process Management in February 2014.

Laid back but some of the interviewers did not seem to know what to ask - also, the questions that they did ask turned out not to be not too terribly relevant to the position itself.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a manager or superior asked you to change data to make business results look better?   View Answer
    Pretty straightforward - they asked if I would take X dollars and benefits, and I said yes.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Emerson Process Management.

I had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager for a senior software engineer position. He called me in for onsite. When I got there I was told that 2 different groups decided to interview me (pleasant surprise). I liked both groups. Met with 2 managers, 6 team members of which 2 guys took me to lunch. Most interviewers (1-on-1 interview) started with questions about background and then went into some technical details there on. There were few questions about dual core processors SMP, AMP, semaphores, mutexes etc. Another person asked some questions about C++ Object Oriented design (pseudo code - he didn't care much about actual coding). The HR promised to call and let me know in a week's time but it got delayed a bit because some people went on vacation. They finally came back with a better pay rate than I expected and higher position than I had originally applied for (I had to go an submit application for another position).

Interview Questions
    • None that I remember. I was honest if I didn't know any answer.   Answer Question

Manager, Strategic Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Emerson Process Management in June 2014.

A phone call the very next day of applying from the employment manager. She sent a link to SparkHire one-way video interview. They gave me one week to complete the interview. Took about a week and a half to get back to schedule an onsite interview. The on-site interview was with 6 people - Business Development Manager, Director of Software Solutions, VP of HealthCare Marketing, VP of Human Resources, President/CEO & Industrial Psycyhologist. Was made a job offer 10 days later with a competitive package, relocation assistance, bonus and good benefits. Joining in 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Basic resume based questions, exhaustive assessment by the psychologist (IQ tests, deductive reasoning, inference questions etc), very detailed questions on project management methods, interviewers were thorough and knowledgeable.   Answer Question
    The overall package consisted of a 14% performance based bonus, very good base salary, relocation package (good till 1 year) and other standard benefits. I negotiated to increase the base salary by 5k and they came back in about an hour accepting the counter offer. It was a very smooth and pleasant experience.

Engineer I Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Emerson Process Management.

Applied on-line and received a phone call to set up an interview with HR. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. Most of it was HR explaining the position and what the company does, and questions about me and my resume. A few "HR" type questions, as well (name a time when .... ). At the end, was told the time frame they were working with and I would hear back on a certain day if I was selected for the next round of interviews.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  McKinney, TX
    Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Emerson Process Management in May 2014.

Started with a phone interview with HR which lasted approx. 45 minutes. After the phone interview they scheduled an on-site interview which took an entire afternoon. The on-site interview consisted of 4 separate interviews from the Director of Sales, President and General Manager, another Manager, and finally the HR generalist.

Interview Questions
    • All Behavioral Type Questions such as "Tell me about a time when you were in this situation and what YOU did"   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Emerson Process Management in August 2010.

Initially there is a telephone interview with an HR representative. Then you will be asked in for a second interview with the hiring manager and one or two other managers at the same level. If you make the cut then you called in for a final interview with the department manager.

Interview Questions
    • There were technical questions about analyzing financial statements but an experience analyst should have no problems answering these questions.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Emerson Process Management in March 2014.

The phone interview lasted about an hour long. The person on the other end asked a lot of personality type questions. Nothing unexpected was asked all really simple questions. They also asked about any experience with sales or business management.

PMO IT Project Manager for Oracle EBS 11 5 10 Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Emerson Process Management in January 2013.

Hiring was via a Contract firm TEK Systems a contract recruiting firm. Emerson required an extensive background check because of the sensitivity of data for the company. But interviews were light and not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Specific configuration in Oracle for transaction.   View Answer
    Handled with Tek prior to offer.

Corporate Services Interview

I had a great phone interview, interviewer was warm, friendly and gave lots of information and asked me questions about my background and told me more about the position. My second interview was in person with a large group of people who asked me random questions in a rapid fire. Some of them appeared to be disinterested in the interview shortly after it began and others asked me the same question several times. I was interrupted several times while answering questions. The process was cold, unwelcoming, and abrasive.

Interview Questions

Worked for Emerson Process Management? Contribute to the Community!