Emerson Process Management

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Initial phone interview had basic behavior questions. Why I was interested in working at the company? Why was I a good fit? What was I interested in doing?

Next interview was "technical" with my manager. Mostly asking questions about my resume and explaining specific projects I was on. Some questions pertaining to C# nothing too difficult.

Other Interview Reviews for Emerson Process Management

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Emerson Process Management in November 2013.

Initial application through the company website. Got an email a few days later with the standard rejection.

Several weeks later got a call from the an emerson recruiter asking if I was interested in another available position. Confirmed interest and arranged a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager.

Phone screen interview with the hiring manager consisted of some standard behavioural questions, a few about software development processes and a few knowledge based technical questions from the manager - abstract class versus java interface etc. how do you approach chunking up work for a big problem. He went on to describe the role and what they were doing. Got a canned rejection email a few days later .

About 6 weeks later get a call from the recruiter inviting for a whole day onsite interview for the same position (not sure why after getting the rejection email - forgot to ask the recruiter).

Onsite interview was a all day affair. 30 mins meet the with the whole team in a conference room and they ask general questions based on your resume. Then 45-60 min sessions with 4 people and a one hour coding skills interview where you are given a laptop and type out answers to a lot of questions - no discussions, just code a whole slew of them, find factorial, find N prime numbers, etc.

The 1-1 45-60 min session consisted of people coming in a list of prepared questions. Some of them were pleasant and we had a good conversation about the problem questions that they had on their list. But some of them were trying to get through their list of questions as fast as possible not really trying to have a discussion. A lot of it was mostly knowledge based questions about networking. Some were odd ball ones like puzzles. Question about implementing a function call in assembly, virtual memory mapping to physical memory, OOD questions etc. in general all over the map.

4 weeks later still no feedback about candidature - no rejection email either. Tried pinging the recruiter - no response. Have moved on and accepted another position in the meanwhile.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult. Lots of knowledge based questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshalltown, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshalltown, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Emerson Process Management in September 2011.

Interview was set up at a Career Fair, gentleman I talked to led me to believe that the interview would be with the Emerson parent company. Interviewed with a different gentleman working for Fisher explicitly (control valves). Interview started off well, I had experience with the line of TI micro controllers he used (MSP valueline).

Interviewer was dressed in casual attire, Polo and slacks. Prompted me for questions about the company multiple times. Took approx. 30 min. Not a lot of technical questions. More interested in previous project experiences than technical knowledge.

I inquired about opportunities outside of Fisher, and he seemed to become upset. He told me he was recruiting for Fisher only.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that takes an array as the only parameter, and returns an array of the same values in reverse order. Any language, must compile.   View Answer
    • Talk about a time when you worked in a group with one or more people when they didn't complete their independent objectives.

Followup was how did you handle it.
        Answer Question

Didn't get an offer from the area I was applying for.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Emerson Process Management in July 2011.

Consists of Aptitude and Technical test, clearing that followed by a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on the general life, which contains the step-by-step thinking for a problem.   Answer Question