Emerson Windows Administrator Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Project Manager (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Engineer (2)
- Human Resources Intern (1)
- Project Engineer (1)
- Systems Administrator (1)
- Engineering R&D (1)
- Emerson MBA Internship Position (1)
- Engineer Embedded Software (1)
- Team Leader - Unix (1)
- Leadership Development Program/Internship (1)
- Engineer-Product Design (1)
- NPD Design Engineering Manager (1)
- Plant Engineer, Sales, Field Technician (1)
- Sales Operations (1)
- Sales Service Representative (1)
- Windows Administrator (1)
- Enterprise Architect (1)
- Commodity Manager (1)
- Proposal Engineer (1)
- Chief Operating Officer (1)
- Manufacturing Engineer (1)
- Manufacturing Supervisor (1)
- Marketing Communication (1)
- Marketing Coordinator (1)
- Technician (1)
- BI Developer (1)
- Software Engineer (1)
- Strategic Planner (1)
- Analyst (1)
Windows Administrator Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Emerson.
Interview Details – Referred by a friend of mine who was contacted but wasn't interested in the job.
Initial contact with 3rd party recruiting agency where resume was discussed. Was asked what my expectations are in terms of compensation.
Got contacted a second time after a month for a follow-up interview. Second interview was mostly technical with team-lead/line manager/HR.
Interview had a number of standard questions (e.g. describe what is RAID) and focused on Active Directory / Networking (DNS) / Server management.
Also discussed a few scenarios of real life problems encountered and what steps I would take to resolve them.
A third interview took place over the phone with the hiring manager in the US. I was asked to describe my experience with the technologies I had listed and was an opportunity to test my English.
- Was asked the difference between TCP and UDP. View Answer
- What is the difference between RAID 0 and RAID 1 Answer Question
- Users are complaining a website is not working. When investigating you realize that the IIS website is stopped. When attempting to start it you receive an error ( something like access denied?) View Answer
Negotiation Details – No negotiation took place. Was called by HR and advised they could pay me this sum due to corporate ladder stuff.