Emirates Airline

Updated Jan 13, 2015

3.1

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cabin Crew Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emirates Airline.

Like is already everywhere written, it was almost totally the some procedure. I went for invitation day. You come inside and you get small paper where is written more details about work, accommondation, transport, salary, probation period etc. After you go to give to the recruiter your CVC while can be given to you some simply questions like why you would like to work for for Emirates. After you watch two movies about work and about Dubai, where the recruitor can ask people what they already know about it. After you have break. The recruitor chose people with highlighting names on paper who is gonna move to the next round. In the next round you work in the group with some cards of subjects and you have to tell what you can do with it (mine oppinion - the most stupid and unusual answer), after some people left. Next round - you in group as travel agent and you have to tell the best idea what to the in the city on card you have. People left. Another round - work group - card as hotel manager and you have to decide who gonna get place in hotel and stay and who doesnt and why. There doesnt exist the good and wrong answer.. Big discussion and mess. While this time the recruitor is asking person by person behind a wall if you can touch line on wall on your tip toes without shoes and may ask some questions about your last work and some another. After our all group went out and wait for second group (1h 15m) after some people left and the rest went write english test (7 exercises for one hour). Who made it continue for face to face interview next day or more.

Other Interview Reviews for Emirates Airline

Cabin Crew Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Emirates Airline.

I applied online to be called to a group interview in Melbourne. The group interview was basically an introduction to the company as well as group activities to see how you cope with scenarios and interact with other people. My advice is to not be too quite or too outspoken. They tell you at the end of the day if you are successful and then you will be called back for a one on one interview much like other interviews for other companies.

Interview Questions
    • They were all standard interview questions. Maybe why you want to work for Emirates?   Answer Question
    You are sent a contract to sign detailing all aspects of the job that is non negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emirates Airline.

I felt like I was on American Idol. First round, second round, third round, final interview. I can't say the interview was hard -- just be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you've been in an argument with a coworker.   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Emirates Airline in January 2015.

The event was held in Hong Kong on Jan.10th. It was for cv drop. There were more or less 700 candidates. It was my first time to drop cv to Emirates. The whole process was enjoyable though i did not make it to the second round. Yet, nice meetin new people there!

Cabin Crew Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Emirates Airline.

They put you with more than 100 candidates , show you some videos,some information abou Arab Emirates and start to tell you about what you should and what you should not do in Emirates the country,arrogant and thinking that they are offering for you the paradise,long test of english, and then they simply choose who they want even if you were good in that test , you might be rejected, then they call you the following day to ask you stupid questions , then they call you the 3 rd day for more stupid questions , actually i lost my job because i had to go to the recruiters 3 days untill i lost my current job,

They tell you about the salary which is a misery arround 1000 euros with which you will not even live one week in Dubai after that you pay rent , or 2 weeks if you share rent with another crowd.

They sent me the famous email that they accepted me then they asked for documents then they sent me the contract then wait then wait then wait even i signed the contract , after 4 or 5 months they sent me that they are sorry and that i am rejected for pre-selection reasons and they denied my access to the candidades portal , they answer no phone and no mails.

I thank god everyday that i am not employed at them now because this is a company that it is well decorated from outside but inside they have no respect for their employees .

i will never ever try to get a job with Emirates Airlines even if i will starve

EMIRATES AIRLINES IS BELLOW ZERO

Interview Questions
    • there were so many questions making you feeling that you are applying for pilot job   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emirates Airline in October 2014.

This time they didn't have any Open days, so we only got two days of interviews. I applied online and got a message from Emirates that they were waiting for me in Moscow. Actually, the whole process was like a nightmare for me. I didn't sleep at all and I was almost late. There was like 130 girls from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and I guess so on. Almost all of them were wearing red lipstick and had bunches on their heads. That day i felt awful. Most of girls looked perfect (cause, i guess they live in Moscow, so it's not a big deal to look fresh and fabulous) I was tired and I had a headache. i also had on a crumpled shirt. But some of them were not so beautiful. Sorry, girls. So i came down and started to wait. Our HR managers were two women. They asked us to fill in some forms and then make a line. They started to let us in around nine a.m. We needed to say hello, answer the questions, in case they asked something and then we had to sit in the big conference room. When i got in the room and gave the HR my CV, the only thing she asked me was how I felt and that was it! See, my English is not perfect, as you've noticed already, so I was scared to death if she would ask me something that I wouldn't understand at all.. So, I found the place to sit. I had read that they would show us some videos about Dubai and Emirates. So i prepared some questions about. But in the reality - I don't think it really mattered. The most popular question was - if it's possible to break the contract within 3 years. And the answer was- yes you can. So we watched the videos and asked some questions. After that they asked us to give them a break so they can look through our CV and decide who's going to stay. After that stage there were only got 60 girls left. The next stage was to work in groups.They gave you a card (chewing gum in our case) and you've got to say in which unusual way you are going to use it.I said that you can make a message with different colored gum for your friends on the mirror. Then we've got another card (Bangkok) and one of the group, they would pick someone from the gruop who will tell to HR what you can always try and visit around that area. Unfortunately they didn't ask me, but anyway, i passed through. What did I realise from that stage? I realized - there is no way to understand who's gonna go home. They sent home some girls, that had brilliant language skills, gorgeous faces.. But i still was there. The most common mistake was when they asked us to say one thing about the card and not our life history, some were saying three or more things, and also when HR asked one of the group to say something about the card, some girls were talking about the card when they weren't asked by HR. Some of girls spoke fluent but not loud enough and some of them couldn't speak fluent at all. It was around 2 p.m., i guess and we had only 25 of us left after this stage. They let us in the room again, made two groups of us and gave us a card. There were 8 customers, one cruise ship, and we've got to choose who was gonna get the tickets and why. HR didn't ask us why we decided to give tickets to an old lady like we thought they would. The HR said she's gonna be a customer that didn't get ticket and we've got to explain why. It was hard. But not to much. You've to offer some fresh ideas on how to make the customer calm and satisfied.. And that's it. Never repeat somebody's idea - it's not gonna work - you will be cut out. I offered free dinner in the restaurant and to wait if somebody won't show up and we will be able to give free place to angry customer that was HR. Not much, i know, but i didn't repeat my colleagues ideas. I think that's why I got through this stage.There were only 12 girls left. It was exhausting. It was around 4 p.m., when 12 of us got the english test. The most scary stages for me were - the angry customer and the test. I was so surprised to see the test. It was just amazing. Now i can tell you it had two texts and no essay. You've got to read and answer the questions. So, only 10 people left. For those who passed - they picked you a time when you've got to show up the next day to get your final interview. HR asked about bad work days. About angry customers. You've got got to tell if you did something extra polite to you customers even if it wasn't your duties. And another question that made me nervous was - if there were situations when I got to work with people with a different nationality than mine would I give them special treatment. That's it. They told me to wait for a call within 4 weeks after the final interview. And two weeks has passed now. So - i'm still waiting for the result. Gosh i hope it will be positive. Thanks for reading, i hope i helped someone. And wish me a good luck.

Interview Questions
    I hope i will find out soon

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colombo (Sri Lanka)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colombo (Sri Lanka)

Online application was reviewed by them and called for the Interview,
    Again collected CV's on the Interview day and selected few for the next level.
    Had three team events and again selected from there
    Next faced a written test
    next 1:1 Interview

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or Difficult questions. All were familiar to current job   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Emirates Airline.

I had applied for the Cabin Crew position online and received an email back within the next few days. This email told me to come to a group interview at the Fairmont.

This group interview process was extremely long, and I feel as though they did not obtain much information from us.

The first part required us to watch 2 videos, then we proceeded to individually hand in our resumes to the recruiters. They narrowed the group down after the first step.

The second step was an "ice breaker" type exercise. They narrowed it down after this as well.

The third step was a scenario based group discussion. After this step, whoever was left could move onto the final interview.

I made it to this stage and I am currently waiting for my response. The final interview consisted of general work related questions regarding situations with others as well as a question regarding your experience with people of different cultures.

Wish me luck!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were around a different culture.   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Emirates Airline in March 2014.

I applied in Toronto, Canada. Before I applied I could not find any information specific to the process in Toronto or Canada, so hopefully this helps future applicants.

The company posted on their website, Facebook ad, and various places that they were having an Open Day to hire for Cabin Crew. I applied on the company website two weeks in advance of the Open Day date. I received an e-mail about five days before the event inviting me to attend the event (which I planned on doing anyway). The e-mail specified:

DRESS CODE
    Business Attire:
    Ladies - Knee length skirt / dress with skin colored stockings.
    Men - Suit & Tie

Should you wish to attend the above event, please bring an updated CV along with a photograph.

The Open Day was being held in a hotel, starting at 9 AM. I went upstairs at around 8:30 AM. The entire floor outside the conference room was already filled with applicants (around 300+) all basically mingling and talking together. At 9 AM the doors opened and we were invited into the conference room. Two hiring personnel (not in uniform) sat at the front of the room. The first lady introduced herself and the company and then played two videos. First was on Dubai and the second was on Emirates (Cabin Crew). After each video we were asked questions about what we knew on each topic (Just a discussion. May or may not have affected their first impressions). After that the second lady spoke about what the actual job would entail, the hiring/training process, and answered questions. Finally we were invited to come to the front one-by-one to hand in our resume and ONE photo. Once at the front the lady we were handing the resume to would ask one, or more questions (they said it's not meant as a mini interview).

Important things to determine if they WILL take your resume:
    1) Must be at least 21 yrs old (within TWO (2) months)
    2) NO visible tattoos (nothing showing where the uniform doesn't cover so arms and legs etc. must be clear)
    3) Must be willing to serve alcohol at all times even during religious (or your religious) periods.

Once at the front they asked everyone the question about tattoos (if you have one you have to point out on a diagram where on your body it is. Luckily mine is not at all visible). For me, she also asked what subject my uni degree is in.

At this stage first impression is EVERYTHING. It wasn't necessary to wear the business attire at all on this first day, or to have a photo, or even our CV. We were told that if selected we needed to wear the business attire the next day (hair up in a bun preferably), give our photo asap, and even hand in a copy of our CV that next day. If we got past the next day (group work, reach check 212 cm etc.) then we would be invited to the final interview the day after that. Really this Open Day is a meet and greet and for them to make a quick yes/no decision. We were also told that at no point if eliminated would we be told why. I think this stage is based on how attractive you are, and how young you are, as according to the Emirates standard of hiring only 'exceptional individuals' (tall, slim, young (21 - 25 yrs), beautiful/handsome).

We were told that if selected that first day we would receive a phone call by 6 pm asking to return for Day 2. I didn't receive the call. I wasn't extremely disappointed, although I was willing to move to Dubai etc. for the job, but this Day 1 process is so general that there is nothing you can really do except to make yourself seem more physically attractive, in a good way.

Cabin Crew Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emirates Airline.

Interesting experience, 2-full-day interview included group discussions, written psychological test, written English language test, and a final private interview discussing previous professional experience and motivation

Interview Questions
    • Group discussion can be on any subject - i.e. specific topics from politics, finance etc   Answer Question
    Emirates Airline has the same offer for all applicants for position of Cabin Crew