Emirates Airline

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

3.1

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Emirates Airline.

They put you in a room with a group of people and they show you a few videos and discuss things you have looked at and the questions you may have. Then they look.at your resume and call you up one by one asking you what you do and then after all resumes have been looked over they highlight the names that moves on to the next stage of the process

Cabin Crew Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Emirates Airline.

I applied online to be called to a group interview in Melbourne. The group interview was basically an introduction to the company as well as group activities to see how you cope with scenarios and interact with other people. My advice is to not be too quite or too outspoken. They tell you at the end of the day if you are successful and then you will be called back for a one on one interview much like other interviews for other companies.

Interview Questions
    • They were all standard interview questions. Maybe why you want to work for Emirates?   Answer Question
    You are sent a contract to sign detailing all aspects of the job that is non negotiable.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Emirates Airline in June 2014.

Interview process was a bit weird. Only one person from Emirates showed up, she started with a company video, then we got divided into groups. We did one simple group exercise and then a 10 sec interview with the recruiter. After that the give you a piece of paper letting you know if you made it to the next round.

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The Skype interview process is the first step and I am still going through the process but will share the experience so far.

Questions included: Why EK? Why the specific position and why is it important ? More details on your educational history, the skills the educational and working history can bring to the specified position etc.

Have details of your work, education and any achievements to hand.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, there wasn't an unexpected question as I had researched what interviews like this usually entail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emirates Airline.

I felt like I was on American Idol. First round, second round, third round, final interview. I can't say the interview was hard -- just be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you've been in an argument with a coworker.   Answer Question

Stewardess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emirates Airline in June 2010.

Easy; applied on line, went to an "Open da", than face to face interview. Got the job offer after 1 week. Very smooth!

Not Available in UAE

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emirates Airline in October 2014.

This time they didn't have any Open days, so we only got two days of interviews. I applied online and got a message from Emirates that they were waiting for me in Moscow. Actually, the whole process was like a nightmare for me. I didn't sleep at all and I was almost late. There was like 130 girls from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and I guess so on. Almost all of them were wearing red lipstick and had bunches on their heads. That day i felt awful. Most of girls looked perfect (cause, i guess they live in Moscow, so it's not a big deal to look fresh and fabulous) I was tired and I had a headache. i also had on a crumpled shirt. But some of them were not so beautiful. Sorry, girls. So i came down and started to wait. Our HR managers were two women. They asked us to fill in some forms and then make a line. They started to let us in around nine a.m. We needed to say hello, answer the questions, in case they asked something and then we had to sit in the big conference room. When i got in the room and gave the HR my CV, the only thing she asked me was how I felt and that was it! See, my English is not perfect, as you've noticed already, so I was scared to death if she would ask me something that I wouldn't understand at all.. So, I found the place to sit. I had read that they would show us some videos about Dubai and Emirates. So i prepared some questions about. But in the reality - I don't think it really mattered. The most popular question was - if it's possible to break the contract within 3 years. And the answer was- yes you can. So we watched the videos and asked some questions. After that they asked us to give them a break so they can look through our CV and decide who's going to stay. After that stage there were only got 60 girls left. The next stage was to work in groups.They gave you a card (chewing gum in our case) and you've got to say in which unusual way you are going to use it.I said that you can make a message with different colored gum for your friends on the mirror. Then we've got another card (Bangkok) and one of the group, they would pick someone from the gruop who will tell to HR what you can always try and visit around that area. Unfortunately they didn't ask me, but anyway, i passed through. What did I realise from that stage? I realized - there is no way to understand who's gonna go home. They sent home some girls, that had brilliant language skills, gorgeous faces.. But i still was there. The most common mistake was when they asked us to say one thing about the card and not our life history, some were saying three or more things, and also when HR asked one of the group to say something about the card, some girls were talking about the card when they weren't asked by HR. Some of girls spoke fluent but not loud enough and some of them couldn't speak fluent at all. It was around 2 p.m., i guess and we had only 25 of us left after this stage. They let us in the room again, made two groups of us and gave us a card. There were 8 customers, one cruise ship, and we've got to choose who was gonna get the tickets and why. HR didn't ask us why we decided to give tickets to an old lady like we thought they would. The HR said she's gonna be a customer that didn't get ticket and we've got to explain why. It was hard. But not to much. You've to offer some fresh ideas on how to make the customer calm and satisfied.. And that's it. Never repeat somebody's idea - it's not gonna work - you will be cut out. I offered free dinner in the restaurant and to wait if somebody won't show up and we will be able to give free place to angry customer that was HR. Not much, i know, but i didn't repeat my colleagues ideas. I think that's why I got through this stage.There were only 12 girls left. It was exhausting. It was around 4 p.m., when 12 of us got the english test. The most scary stages for me were - the angry customer and the test. I was so surprised to see the test. It was just amazing. Now i can tell you it had two texts and no essay. You've got to read and answer the questions. So, only 10 people left. For those who passed - they picked you a time when you've got to show up the next day to get your final interview. HR asked about bad work days. About angry customers. You've got got to tell if you did something extra polite to you customers even if it wasn't your duties. And another question that made me nervous was - if there were situations when I got to work with people with a different nationality than mine would I give them special treatment. That's it. They told me to wait for a call within 4 weeks after the final interview. And two weeks has passed now. So - i'm still waiting for the result. Gosh i hope it will be positive. Thanks for reading, i hope i helped someone. And wish me a good luck.

Interview Questions
    I hope i will find out soon

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colombo (Sri Lanka)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colombo (Sri Lanka)

Online application was reviewed by them and called for the Interview,
    Again collected CV's on the Interview day and selected few for the next level.
    Had three team events and again selected from there
    Next faced a written test
    next 1:1 Interview

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or Difficult questions. All were familiar to current job   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Emirates Airline.

I had applied for the Cabin Crew position online and received an email back within the next few days. This email told me to come to a group interview at the Fairmont.

This group interview process was extremely long, and I feel as though they did not obtain much information from us.

The first part required us to watch 2 videos, then we proceeded to individually hand in our resumes to the recruiters. They narrowed the group down after the first step.

The second step was an "ice breaker" type exercise. They narrowed it down after this as well.

The third step was a scenario based group discussion. After this step, whoever was left could move onto the final interview.

I made it to this stage and I am currently waiting for my response. The final interview consisted of general work related questions regarding situations with others as well as a question regarding your experience with people of different cultures.

Wish me luck!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were around a different culture.   Answer Question

Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Emirates Airline.

I applied on their portal. I got an interview call after a month or so. Starts with an assessment where you have to give a presentation followed by a group role model discussion. shortlisted candidates are then invited for an interview

Interview Questions
    Negotiate strongly on the remuneration. Try to join before 1 Oct to ensure you are entitled for the annual bonus