Emirates

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Emirates in June 2014.

Interview Details – I went to their walk-in Open Day.
You need to prepare:
One 2''x2'' passport photo ( I took it myself in front of a white wall)
One full-length photo ( I made it 4'' x 6'', I took it myself too)
One resume

Most of the ladies there include me wore red lipstick. I've heard the rumor that in some cities there'll be more than 200 people attend, so didn't really anticipate to be selected. But there were only around 70 ppl showed up, which made me think that I might have the chance to get in!! The Open Day started at 9am. I arrived earlier and sat in the front rows in the room. There was only one recruiter for the whole time. She gave us a presentation about Emirates. She then asked lots of questions like : How do you know about Emirates? How do you know about Emirates cabin crew? How do you know about Dubai? This is the time you can raise your hand and impress the recruiter, I didn't expect this section so couldn't come up with answers. Remember to spend time doing research on Emirates and Dubai. The presentation is very detailed and she gave us many time to ask questions.

And then she told us to come to her one by one to give her your resume and photos. She will ask one or two questions. She spent longer time questioning on some people and for some very short. When I walked to her, I took the initiative to shake her hand, which other people didn't do. But I looked rather nervous, she asked about my language skill, and what I am doing right now, do you have any tattoo, and sent me away, my first day interview was very short and I thought that I might not be chosen. After submitting your materials, you are free to go, and she'll call those people who got chosen to attend the second day, which is an Assessment Day. I left around 11am and I got her call around 2 pm !! I was so excited and started to believe that maybe I can really make it!!

The second AD day started at 9am as well. When I arrived the room, there were many people who got chosen were sitting in the first two rows on the first day! The recruiter chose 28 people and 23 people showed up. Everyone got a number from 01~28.

We were divided into two groups and started the first round group interview. We sat in a circle, and the recruiter gave us a picture card for every two people. There're various objects on the card like chocolate, tree, and so on. You and your teammate had to discuss and come up with some ideas to use the object in an unconventional way. While discussing we were walked to have reaching 212cm test one by one, after reaching test, we face the recruiter one on one and she asked a couple questions. My question is: Tell me about yourself. After everybody finished the reaching test and short questions, we stood up one by one in the circle and introduce everyone about the object ideas. There's no right or wrong, they just want to see how you deliver a public speaking.

And then she asked us to have a group discuss: List five things LA can improve for the tourists. We had to come up with ideas and compile them into five clear points while the recruiter observing. So this is the first round. After both two group finished, she had us inside again. Everybody walked out the room with a piece of paper saying "Congratulation" or "Unfortunately". Some people left. I still remained.

The second round is English test for those who didn't have the U.S. high school degree, I am one of them. The test was not difficult. Multiple choices from reading articles and grammars. A couple people got eliminated from this round.

The third round. Now we only had 12 people left and divided into 2 groups. We sat in a circle again, and this time we were giving a scenario: You work in a hotel, because computer errors, there're not enough rooms available while some customers already confirmed their reservation. There are only two rooms and there're 8 customers, we have to choose two customers from 8 to give the rooms. There're various customers like: travel writer, parents with child. After we chose the two customers, the recruiter started to play the roles of other customers who didn't get the rooms. She acted angry customer one by one on us and we had to try to comfort her. This was so difficult! I guess I didn't have that much experience to handle it, and also because of nervous and speaking english as second language, I didn't perform the best communication.

This round is the final round on Assessment Day, candidates who pass this round will go to day 3, which is a final interview!! But I didn't pass this round. I found out that those who passed this round, they came out with some solutions for the situation, while I just tried to apologize and comfort the customer, I guess that's the reason.

While I regret that I was so close to Dubai, I am also glad that I got a such special interview experience.

Interview Question – The role-play part to comfort the angry customer (recruiter) is difficult! If you don't have such experience, should try to practice!   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Emirates in May 2014.

Interview Details – I thought I would let you know my recent experience with Emirates for those of you newly applying. It was yesterday in New York (5/17/14) I was invited to the open day.

Open Day 1: They spoke about the company and what will be expected as a FA with emrites and how you will have to move to Dubai. The speech took about a hour and half. After the presentation everyone needed to have a copy of their resume along with a photo. We all waited one by one to hand our resumes to the HR recruitment team member. They asked two question, "Do you have any tattoos" and "Why do you want to
be a FA?"

They told us they will be scanning over our resumes and will give the candidates a call before 6pm if they want to see them back on 5/18/14.

I received a call and went back the next day at 9:00a. There was 20 people in my group of call backs.

Assessment Day 2: In this round of interviews they put us in two groups of ten. We were asked to sit in numerical order in a circle and section us off in pairs of two. They handed the pairs of two one index card.

The cards were either a object or a city. We had to discuss what ways we would use the object or what kind of things there was to do in the city. For example one was a apple or the city London. While we were discussing what we could do with the card given they called upon us one by one for the reach test and asked us one
question if we had any visible moles are scars. After the reach test we gave our answers in pairs.

After all this they explained they are going to send us out and call us back in and we will receive a paper whether we were chosen or not for the 3rd round. They called out our numbers one by one and handed each of us a folded piece of paper which we had to exit the room and we read our papers "Congratulations" or "Unfortunately"

I was not chosen and they told us they will not tell us why we were not chosen.

Some say they think it was maybe a mole or a scar they have. Who knows I do have a scar on my face but it's not noticeable at all unless I point it out.

I was not going to take the job if they offered because I didn't want to move to Dubai. I only went to experience the process because I do want to apply to airlines within the U.S. So I was very relieved I was eliminated.

Hope this helps everyone who is wanting to apply.

Interview Question – Why do you want be Flight Attendant?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Kowloon (Hong Kong)

I interviewed at Emirates in August 2013.

Interview Details – Open Day Walk-in Interview in Hong Kong:
1) Arm reach check
2) Sit in the waiting room
3) Wait to be called in groups
4) Asked to discuss in a group the importance and ranking of " love, happiness, money, fame, appearance"

Be warned that these interviews has nothing to do with how well you speak or your language ability - Your admission to the second round/ assessment day depends on whether your face and height matches with the candidate they have in mind

The venue and the staff Emirates chose to choose did not match up to the standard they are famous for on their flights - staff were unprofessionally dressed and mannered, no presentation or introduction speech was given regarding the company, the venue was run down (they made no effort to show that it was an open day for Emirates - no banners, logos, signs whatsoever)

Interview Question – N/A - it doesn't what they ask you at this stage because they are not looking at your answer. They are looking at whether your face fits in what they are looking for; and in this case it was the typical HK girl look   View Answer

Cabin Crew
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Emirates in March 2008.

Interview Details – First interactions were through the local paper where they advertised an open day.
After setting the date I attended the interview at one of our local hotels where there were a group of 300+ people. To start off with you are in a queue with your C.V. where you hand it in and the interviewers gets a quick look at you and assess your demeanour ... (remember 1st impressions count). Soon after we are ushered into an auditorium where they showed us a video of some of the opportunities we were all seeking to join.

Day 2: This was more indepth they call the shortlisted people the night before so you know your in through the first stage. Today will consist of many discussions on current topics and hot subjects ie religion, politics and contravertial subjects too such as nazis and other dictators around the world. You are put in groups and asked to discuss these topics whilst being observed for behaviour and attitude. This is a great tool to weed out those who are too passionate or dominating over the majority and those who are too meek to join in. In non English speaking countries expect to be writing an essay on a subject that the interviewer will tell you on the day. After all that the groups keep on getting smaller and smaller. Once done you will receive another phone call asking you to come back to day 3.

Day 3 unfortunately i cant remember properly but consists of collecting more details from you and discussing a few more topics.

After that its a bit of a wait depending on your circumstances but they will eventually get in touch with you and you will need to provide them with multiple documents x-rays, dentals, hearing exams blood work etc to meet government requirements. Once submitted you get a DOJ (Date of Joining) where you will also get a ticket and your life in a new world awaits.

Congratulations

P.s. keep in mind that it is not a cut throat interview. The simple fact of the matter is that if there are 20 good people they will take all 20, if there are only 2 they will take just to 2.

Interview Questions

Cabin Crew
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Emirates in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted after 1 year with 4 days notice to show up on the interview.
Interview started with a group presentation to another 100+ candidates who came to the same location. Candidates were broken into small groups and given group activities.
After each activity/test there were eliminations. From 100+ folks 9 were left, including myself.
Personality test was given and we were advised to schedule final interview, which was a 1:1 interview.
Joined the company after 2 months of total process.

Interview Question – Demonstrate the specific situation from your work experience where you had to follow the instruction you knew was inappropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, its a take it or leave it contract. Many references in the contract are to Emirates Group Employee Regulations Manual. Requests to have a look at the manual before signing the contract are met with skepticism. Recruitment staff are reluctant to reply quickly to inquiries.

Worked for Emirates? Contribute to the Community!