Emirates Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 23, 2014
Updated Dec 23, 2014

3.1

Manager Solutions Delivery Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Emirates Group (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a great experience flying with the airlines and the 4 day break in Dubai about 3 years ago was wonderful. So this made me look for jobs in Dubai. Upon research, this looked like an organization with great growth and good employee benefits. So I have been applying for many eligible jobs over the last 3 years. Finally, I heard back from the company.

Applied late Sept 2014, received email for 30 minute video interview in late Dec 2014

The interview request came with terms and conditions showing pretty much all the benefits but without the basic salary to which most of the benefits are tied. Terms and conditions are confidential, so I cannot share details, but looked generous on most counts. Upon request, I provided details of my current salary with breakdown before the interview.

Did not like the interview process.
    1) To start with, for a 30 minute interview, the interviewers came in 6 minutes late and finished the interview 7 minutes before end time.
    2) The room had so much echo, that during my video interview it was so difficult to understand what the interviewer was asking. In spite of letting the interviewers know of this right at the beginning, the technical interviewer was sitting so far from the microphone and I had ask most questions repeated 2-3 times.
    3) The interview started with recruiter saying that this is the salary cap we can offer. Do you want to continue the interview? I said yes, let's continue and I will let you know later after I crunch my numbers if I am still interested. I cannot understand why they did not communicate this in the original terms and conditions. It would have helped me a lot to decide if I even wanted to attend the interview or not, saving everyone time. (mind you, my interview was at US time 11:30 PM, ie, Dubai local time 8:30 am).
    4) I felt that the technical interviewer was very unprofessional with her expressions on my responses. Even if my answers did not meet their expectations, I would expect a polite and courteous response. The technical interviewer was making signs to the recruiter to cut the interview early as though I could not see them. This really upset me.
    5) Also based on the information provided so far, the allowance constituted around 40% of the package thus making the base pay small which is used for all other benefit calculation. Even though my current salary details were made available, the potential offer barely matched my current package.

I sincerely hope this was just my bad experience and that most others are taken through a better process. I still think Emirates can offer challenging and satisfying opportunities, but I am out after this experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you govern your project?   1 Answer

Business Technology Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Emirates Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Online application was submitted many months before. Received email from HR seeking opportunity to arrange Skype call. The Skype call involved a small panel and a brief interview. Following this I was invited to complete full assessments as detailed below.

1) Psychometric Test
    Previous day received email with link to online testing. This also include a link to samples for second type of testing that would be done on-site. These online tests were straight-forward to complete, candidates should complete all without struggling. The Psychometric tests that are done on-site, using a computer, are time limited. In this case it is rare that candidates complete all the questions.

This is followed by a meeting with Emirates' Psychologist, to review performance and discuss personality traits. This was also straight-forward, and completed in a friendly and open manner.

At end of this day the candidates were given a tour of the accommodation and health venues. This involved a bus tour of Dubai, accompanied by staff representing the company. This granted an opportunity to ask questions relating to life in country and matters relating to family life.

2) Assessment & Interview
    Candidates were given a briefing document (task to complete), access to a computer, and 1 hour to prepare a presentation. Individual candidates then gave their presentation to a panel of staff. The presentation was limited to a total of 20 minutes, including questions from panel. Later in the day the candidate was asked to return for a formal interview, with same panel of staff. The panel interview is not time limited.

Interview Questions

• The interview was friendly, no particularly tricky questions - yet panel did seek insights from specific examples in career history.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Graduate Programmer - Nestle Middle East Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Emirates Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

I applied online in February, you have to fill the whole application to be considered. Three days later, I received an Online Assessment invitation, it's a timed Psychometric Test, including Verbal, numerical, and Abstract reasoning. By the 24th of April, I received an invitation to the HR interview. After the interview, there was another pen and paper psychometric test. Then I received the invitation to the two-day Assessment center in Dubai. The 1st day consisted of: Negotiation exercise, group exercise, individual exercise and a presentation. I did not pass the first day, but whoever passes, gets an overnight case study, and has to prepare a PPT presentation.

Interview Questions

• You need to be prepared for tough questions regarding the case studies you get in the Assessment center. Be creative with your answers.   Answer Question

IT Continuity Manager Interview

Interview

Found the role through the group career website which is excellent and provides great details; Had a telephonic interview first to describe my profile; Then had a face to face to face with would be boss and his boss along with HR representatives; Interview was open and professional; It was a good experience

PR Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Emirates Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with a 2-day assessment and interviews when successful. 6 candidates - preparation of a PR case, group discussion, and presentation of the case in front of HR and hiring manager. Successful candidates (3) invited for the next day: psychological testing, verbal and abstract testing, interview with psychologist and then HR and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• They want a reference of the applicant's current manager. That's quite a lot to ask for and nobody in the pool of candidates was comfortable with that request (obviously!).   Answer Question

EMERGENCY PLANNING COORDINATOR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Emirates Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in October 2011.

Interview

3-stage procedure for the shortlisted candidates:The first stage involved team work on a hypothetical emergency case. Second stage: Commenting on a extract from the company's emergency procedures. Preparing a presentation regarding your action plan during the first 90 days at work and then presenting this to the HR team. Third and final stage (only for 2 candidates): IQ test, psychological evaluation and interview and final interview with HR team and the line manager.

Interview Questions

• Decsribe a conflict with your superiors and the way you handled it   Answer Question

Airport Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emirates Group in September 2011.

Interview

it takes time waiting for the confirmation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Ramp Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emirates Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in June 2011.

Interview

online application, call for written test, group discussion, powepoint presentation, psycometric test and final interview

Interview Questions

• desciption of self along with previous experience   1 Answer
    • situation problem solving people management and soft skills   1 Answer

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emirates Group in May 2011.

Interview

First of all i would really like to thank the interviews,One from slovokia and and another one from morocco.They were all fair in their job.I really didnt expect that.So i was employed in jordan in a five star hotel.My greatest career has always been to become a cabin crew.I really like to give back to the community.So have always been applying online without getting tired.One day i received an email for an Emirate interview in Amman with an agency called Reach.Then later on,they called me to confirm my presence.So i had to take some days to travel to amman from Aqaba.I did my day one interview that included,Introduction to the company,Group presentation,Height ,skills test and how my work relates to the position and how well i can tackle problems myself through group discussion.I passed all my interview for day one.Day two was now one on one,i was asked to give instances where i have had difficult guests and was able to tackle it myself and also where i was defeated had to call my manager to intervene,also why i want the job and also if i was willing to relocate.Finally,i did an IQ test,whereby i was given puzzles.So after that i waited for the reply between 3-4wks.When i got the reply i was so hurt knowing that i had given it all my best but it failed me because they told me to try after a year.But since then i have never given up i must rise to my career.Please my dear fellows never give up just take all the risk but in the end you will enjoy ur sweat.Thanx

Interview Questions

• How will you give the first priority and why in the case where we have only one sit in the flight remaining?a)A disabled man,b)A frequent flier who holds a paltinium card,c)A known business man all over the world and d)A tourism minister   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Emirates Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in March 2011.

Interview

The first day was just an Open Day.So everybody left an updated Cv and Photos to the Interviewers.
    2' day: Screening day:- a Team work in english with a mission.An english test. second team work.
    3' Day:A Psycological Test about your decision making,leadership,teamwork experience..etc.Then a personal interview. in the end an Oxford Q.I intelligence (logical and maths).

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you have had a difficult situation,where,when,names of persons involved and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question