Emirates Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

3.1

Cabin Crew Interview

Interview

Overall, there is a 4 step process to being hired. The first three steps you must go through involve the dropping off of your CV, a presentation of the company, a brief presention involving a random object, and then finally a group project. In my group, it started at 200 people and only 15 people made it to the final interview.

Interview Questions

• In what way were you faced with a cultural challenged? In what way have you respected another culture? In what way have you been most challenged at the work place?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emirates in May 2015.

Interview

There are several stages in the Emirates selection process. Once you'll arrive and go through a cv drop the recruiter plays a video about Dubai to familiarize the candidates about the position. After the video she does a quick Q&A and then 30 mins later the candidates are asked to come back and check if they made the first cut. The second round consists of grouping and coming up with a creative ways to use the given profession and a random item like umbrella, candy, clock, shoes and etc... And then she makes another cut. The third round was when she separated the remaining candidates into two groups and gave us 15 minutes to discuss and find solutions to a given situation which is customer service related. When both groups completed the task she made another cut. The fourth round was when she had non native speakers take an English test and those who didn't pass were eliminated. The last round was one on one interview the next day. i heard the Q's vary but the personality test is mandatory for all candidates to take after one on one interview is completed.

Interview Questions

• Usuals: Why should we hire you? Why do you think you're the best candidate? how would you handle a difficult customer? Give us an example of a time when you went above and beyond for your guest.   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emirates.

Interview

Like is already everywhere written, it was almost totally the some procedure. I went for invitation day. You come inside and you get small paper where is written more details about work, accommondation, transport, salary, probation period etc. After you go to give to the recruiter your CVC while can be given to you some simply questions like why you would like to work for for Emirates. After you watch two movies about work and about Dubai, where the recruitor can ask people what they already know about it. After you have break. The recruitor chose people with highlighting names on paper who is gonna move to the next round. In the next round you work in the group with some cards of subjects and you have to tell what you can do with it (mine oppinion - the most stupid and unusual answer), after some people left. Next round - you in group as travel agent and you have to tell the best idea what to the in the city on card you have. People left. Another round - work group - card as hotel manager and you have to decide who gonna get place in hotel and stay and who doesnt and why. There doesnt exist the good and wrong answer.. Big discussion and mess. While this time the recruitor is asking person by person behind a wall if you can touch line on wall on your tip toes without shoes and may ask some questions about your last work and some another. After our all group went out and wait for second group (1h 15m) after some people left and the rest went write english test (7 exercises for one hour). Who made it continue for face to face interview next day or more.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Emirates.

Interview

They put you in a room with a group of people and they show you a few videos and discuss things you have looked at and the questions you may have. Then they look.at your resume and call you up one by one asking you what you do and then after all resumes have been looked over they highlight the names that moves on to the next stage of the process

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Emirates (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Whether you are chosen or not, it is an overall fun and positive experience. Started off with a presentation about the job and Dubai followed by turning in your resume for the recruiter to review. If you make it pass that round, the next step is role playing and other group tasks.

Interview Questions

• Name three things a tourist can do in this city.   1 Answer

Cabin Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Emirates.

Interview

I applied online to be called to a group interview in Melbourne. The group interview was basically an introduction to the company as well as group activities to see how you cope with scenarios and interact with other people. My advice is to not be too quite or too outspoken. They tell you at the end of the day if you are successful and then you will be called back for a one on one interview much like other interviews for other companies.

Interview Questions

• They were all standard interview questions. Maybe why you want to work for Emirates?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are sent a contract to sign detailing all aspects of the job that is non negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emirates (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I went to their walk-in Open Day. You need to prepare: One 2''x2'' passport photo ( I took it myself in front of a white wall) One full-length photo ( I made it 4'' x 6'', I took it myself too) One resume Most of the ladies there include me wore red lipstick. I've heard the rumor that in some cities there'll be more than 200 people attend, so didn't really anticipate to be selected. But there were only around 70 ppl showed up, which made me think that I might have the chance to get in!! The Open Day started at 9am. I arrived earlier and sat in the front rows in the room. There was only one recruiter for the whole time. She gave us a presentation about Emirates. She then asked lots of questions like : How do you know about Emirates? How do you know about Emirates cabin crew? How do you know about Dubai? This is the time you can raise your hand and impress the recruiter, I didn't expect this section so couldn't come up with answers. Remember to spend time doing research on Emirates and Dubai. The presentation is very detailed and she gave us many time to ask questions. And then she told us to come to her one by one to give her your resume and photos. She will ask one or two questions. She spent longer time questioning on some people and for some very short. When I walked to her, I took the initiative to shake her hand, which other people didn't do. But I looked rather nervous, she asked about my language skill, and what I am doing right now, do you have any tattoo, and sent me away, my first day interview was very short and I thought that I might not be chosen. After submitting your materials, you are free to go, and she'll call those people who got chosen to attend the second day, which is an Assessment Day. I left around 11am and I got her call around 2 pm !! I was so excited and started to believe that maybe I can really make it!! The second AD day started at 9am as well. When I arrived the room, there were many people who got chosen were sitting in the first two rows on the first day! The recruiter chose 28 people and 23 people showed up. Everyone got a number from 01~28. We were divided into two groups and started the first round group interview. We sat in a circle, and the recruiter gave us a picture card for every two people. There're various objects on the card like chocolate, tree, and so on. You and your teammate had to discuss and come up with some ideas to use the object in an unconventional way. While discussing we were walked to have reaching 212cm test one by one, after reaching test, we face the recruiter one on one and she asked a couple questions. My question is: Tell me about yourself. After everybody finished the reaching test and short questions, we stood up one by one in the circle and introduce everyone about the object ideas. There's no right or wrong, they just want to see how you deliver a public speaking. And then she asked us to have a group discuss: List five things LA can improve for the tourists. We had to come up with ideas and compile them into five clear points while the recruiter observing. So this is the first round. After both two group finished, she had us inside again. Everybody walked out the room with a piece of paper saying "Congratulation" or "Unfortunately". Some people left. I still remained. The second round is English test for those who didn't have the U.S. high school degree, I am one of them. The test was not difficult. Multiple choices from reading articles and grammars. A couple people got eliminated from this round. The third round. Now we only had 12 people left and divided into 2 groups. We sat in a circle again, and this time we were giving a scenario: You work in a hotel, because computer errors, there're not enough rooms available while some customers already confirmed their reservation. There are only two rooms and there're 8 customers, we have to choose two customers from 8 to give the rooms. There're various customers like: travel writer, parents with child. After we chose the two customers, the recruiter started to play the roles of other customers who didn't get the rooms. She acted angry customer one by one on us and we had to try to comfort her. This was so difficult! I guess I didn't have that much experience to handle it, and also because of nervous and speaking english as second language, I didn't perform the best communication. This round is the final round on Assessment Day, candidates who pass this round will go to day 3, which is a final interview!! But I didn't pass this round. I found out that those who passed this round, they came out with some solutions for the situation, while I just tried to apologize and comfort the customer, I guess that's the reason. While I regret that I was so close to Dubai, I am also glad that I got a such special interview experience.

Interview Questions

• The role-play part to comfort the angry customer (recruiter) is difficult! If you don't have such experience, should try to practice!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Emirates (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Long, long process On the INTERVIEW DAYS(FIRST DAY/CV Submission) : When the clock tick till 8.45 am, the interviewers will be entering the room to check the crowds and try to arrange the queue( depending on the crowds and separate it into batches) Then, the interviewers will introduce themselves, explaining the SCHEDULE and what to wear/ to bring if you’re shortlisted on the next day. They will distribute a summary of the emirates cabin crew in paper form and an application form which we just have to fill in some common details (e.g names, highest qualification, languages, phone number and etc.) Make sure you fill it in a BLACK PEN and BLOCK LETTER, also make sure the phone number is accurate as they will call you once you’re shortlisted. Write your reference ID for your ONLINE APPLICATION ID on the top of the right corner column. They will then start collecting the CV/Resume(ONLY CV/ Resume * others are not require and they will not accept on the day), both of your passport size and full-length photo also the small paper they gave to you. (tips : though they might say it’s okay not to have the photos or if you did not complete the ONLINE APPLICATION, but trust me, these are essential! So make sure you completed all!) After the submission, you are free to go and wait for the call.(They will let you know by when before the submission starts). The call is about 15seconds length and they will INFORM you about the candidate number you hold for the next day. If there is no call, I’m sorry to say that “Please TRY AGAIN!” On the ASSESSMENT DAY (SECOND DAY): At 8.50 am, the interviewers will gather all of us and distribute the name according to the numbers and make sure you’re there! They will then ask you to enter the room where they will explain the process of the day and do some briefing regarding with living in Dubai and Emirates Airlines. Once you’re in the room, they will begin the day with a group discussion while doing the arm-reach test (212cm) and asking if you have any visible tattoo or scars. You have to be partnered with your mates who are sitting next to you. They will distribute a card which might be a tree, tomatoes, hanger or anything for you to discuss with your mates. Each of us to come out with an idea. (Mind that for those who fail the arm-reach test will be sent off immediately). After finishing the arm-reach, they will swap into different group to evaluate our presentation. During the presentation, remember to greet, mention your number and name, as well as your partner and the topic you’re going to present. Make it first, second and third points, be clear and maintain your eye contact as well as your smile. They will then ask us to wait out there as they try to eliminate some of us. We will receive a letter according to the numbers in which says “Congratulation…” or “Thank you…” For those who MANAGE to go for second stage will have to take the English test and for those who are unsuccessful, please kindly try again after 6 months. The English test will be an hour long and it has 40 questions of the multiples choice and an essay to write. The essay can be about yourself (weakness and strengths/what was the most regretful thing you have done and etc). Make sure you write the point and it has to be a valid answer. Again, after the test, you will be receiving the letter of “Congratulations..” or “Thank you..” Each group has to come out with a solution and present it to the interviewers.(The presentation will be done by using role playing method) During the discussion, you have to talk assertively with your mates and contribute some ideas as they will know if you’re not. Also, be a time keeper as time MANAGEMENT is important for a cabin crew when you’re on-board. (tips :Remain calm and be professional.) Again, by the end of the day, you will receive either “Congratulations…” or “Thank you…” Of course for those who are able to make it through, you are honored to attend for the last 1 on 1 interview J For those who are not able to make it, please kindly reminded you are eligible to APPLY after 6 months. Please bear in mind that if you fail the last interview ( 1 on 1), you might have to wait for a year to re-apply it

Interview Questions

• the group sessions we were asked to complete different tasks   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Emirates (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process was a bit weird. Only one person from Emirates showed up, she started with a company video, then we got divided into groups. We did one simple group exercise and then a 10 sec interview with the recruiter. After that the give you a piece of paper letting you know if you made it to the next round.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Emirates (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I thought I would let you know my recent experience with Emirates for those of you newly applying. It was yesterday in New York (5/17/14) I was invited to the open day. Open Day 1: They spoke about the company and what will be expected as a FA with emrites and how you will have to move to Dubai. The speech took about a hour and half. After the presentation everyone needed to have a copy of their resume along with a photo. We all waited one by one to hand our resumes to the HR recruitment team member. They asked two question, "Do you have any tattoos" and "Why do you want to be a FA?" They told us they will be scanning over our resumes and will give the candidates a call before 6pm if they want to see them back on 5/18/14. I received a call and went back the next day at 9:00a. There was 20 people in my group of call backs. Assessment Day 2: In this round of interviews they put us in two groups of ten. We were asked to sit in numerical order in a circle and section us off in pairs of two. They handed the pairs of two one index card. The cards were either a object or a city. We had to discuss what ways we would use the object or what kind of things there was to do in the city. For example one was a apple or the city London. While we were discussing what we could do with the card given they called upon us one by one for the reach test and asked us one question if we had any visible moles are scars. After the reach test we gave our answers in pairs. After all this they explained they are going to send us out and call us back in and we will receive a paper whether we were chosen or not for the 3rd round. They called out our numbers one by one and handed each of us a folded piece of paper which we had to exit the room and we read our papers "Congratulations" or "Unfortunately" I was not chosen and they told us they will not tell us why we were not chosen. Some say they think it was maybe a mole or a scar they have. Who knows I do have a scar on my face but it's not noticeable at all unless I point it out. I was not going to take the job if they offered because I didn't want to move to Dubai. I only went to experience the process because I do want to apply to airlines within the U.S. So I was very relieved I was eliminated. Hope this helps everyone who is wanting to apply.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want be Flight Attendant?   1 Answer