Emory Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.9

Patient Access Associate (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Don't even waste your time! Emory Clinic has the worst interview process that I have ever seen and experienced. This healthcare organization leaves you completely in the dark about whether or not you will receive a job offer once you've interviewed with them. If you are seeking "anxiety" then this would be the right hospital you'd fit perfectly in with.

You can give it your best shot at the interview with the President and COO, have the perfect background and meet all of the qualifications to perform the job, and still not get a job offer. This organization is mostly seeking people already in a management position.

I can see why anyone wouldn't want to merge with this hospital. It all starts with leadership. The President and COO does not exhibit the type of characteristics from people being in charge. They do not look or appear to be confident in who they are. How can they expect the same from the rest of the team or from people interviewing for a job?

On top of that, the talent acquisition associates (HR Department) definitely does not fit the job description of people that are actually qualified to work in the office and select/choose the right candidates for Emory, because they are not the right candidates themselves. Emory Healthcare (Clinic) will have you interviewing over and over again for the same positions in which you already have before, just because they have different assigned requisition numbers with the same job title, as this has happened to me numerous of times before. On top of that the pay($13/hr - $14.51/hr) is very disappointing for people with a college degree education. I am definitely not applying with this company again! It's just not worth all of the hassle they put you through.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Emory? Why now?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Emory Healthcare (Decatur, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied and got a phone interview the next day. Two days later I was called back to come in for a one on one interview the following Tuesday. It was difficult to find and I got there on time only because someone pointed me in the right direction after 20 minutes of looking! The woman interviewing me was very cold even after telling me how qualified I was! She never smiled and only asked me 3 questions completely unrelated to the job I was applying for. I knew I wouldn't get a call back when she said I should apply to other jobs in other healthcare places because I had more than enough experience. Everyone was nice but if I had to work under her I wouldn't do it. I never even got a call back saying if I was. Going on to the next phase. After a week and a half I knew my fate.

Interview Questions

• How is the weather outside today? Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

i had to first do the application, then i had to take an assessment, i then had to do a in person first interview, i next did a personality assessment and skills assessment, the then had me to do adrug test and a second interview it was a scary but enlightening process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was straight forward. Brief phone interview, in person with manager, skill test, then group interview with COO offer same day. They were very professional and nice. I actually missed my first interview and they called me back a week later to interview again. Easy questions about your experience and goals.

Interview Questions

• Describe good customer service and 4 things you liked about it?
      Name a time you made a process easier for your employer?
      Describe yourself in 5 words?

Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was the traditional interview with basic questions about your strengths and weaknesses. The manager was extremely informative and took the time to share information about the company, unit and growth within the company.

Nurse Tech Agency Float Pool Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview was with enterprise float pool through Emory. It was a mass hiring because they had just started the agency float pool. The interview was pretty easy they go through a couple questions asking about a time when, and what would you do kind of situational questions. At first I hated this hospital because it was not as good as put say it is, but its starting to grow on me now that .I am starting to use the resources that the place offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had a difficult patient? how did you handle it ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emory Healthcare (Decatur, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was 45 minutes and the questions were basic. It was a group interview and could be a bit difficult because you don't want to have the same response to the same question. We were told by recruiters that there were plenty of spots available so there was no competition. At the end of the day the position was never filled.

Patient Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Emory Healthcare (Decatur, GA).

Interview

So I applied online and I received a phone call within two weeks. They scheduled an interview. First off, I was not impressed with professionalism that was exhibited! Upon arrival, I proceeded to park in the parking garage where I was told to park once I arrived(the area was hard to find). 10 minutes later I found it only for the parking attendant to tell me that the parking garage was full. I then went to another parking garage.

Finally, seated in what I thought was the interview room I waited along with another young lady. We waited in the conference room for 25 minutes(were looking at one another thinking what it really going on. Finally, Caucasian recruiter comes down and gets us and apologizes for the parking issue. Greeted by another recruiter African American, I sat down and the questioning begin.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't really hard but it was more so a meet and greet type thing. They asked general questions and really just wanted to get a fill for who you are. I will say the Caucasian gentlemen was very pleasant while the African American lady was very straightforward and not so nice; she came off kind of snobby. During my interview, she says oh did I cover everything I'm not sure I've interviewed about 20 people. I thought that was not cool being that I was already nervous.   Answer Question

Patient Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

When I was hired it was under St. Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta. Then I was interviewed by the Scheduling Supervisor, I became the scheduling lead then interim Patient Acces Lead and finally the PAS Manager. I was interviewed originally over the phone then in person. Because of my experience I was hired right away. The level of training was one on one with the supervisor, very thorough.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest pet peeve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No HR gives you a set figure and you can take it or leave it. I would say if you are not happy with the offer leave it. You might love the job but become frustrated because of low pay.

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Decatur, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

It is supposed to be set up as stressful but once you get the job you sadly realize that it was all a sham. You meet w/the CEO of The Emory Clinic and at least 2 other supervisors who don't look very believable in their supervisory ability.

Interview Questions

• Name one of the skills that you possess that'll help you in your role as a PAA?   Answer Question