Emory Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare.

Interview

Was detailed. Environment was comfortable a 3 person panel. With situational questions. There were 3 managers equal opportunity. Emory was a great place at one time. Management styles have changed advancement is low

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Emory   1 Answer

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare.

Interview

The process is quite long. Phone screening, meet and greet, final interview with executive members. All at different locations. The interviewers are nice and not too intimidating. They tell you what to be prepared to speak about.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Do your research and be prepared and you'll be okay   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Patient Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

First I received a call out of the blue and then she asked if I could interview face to face with three others including herself. Two of the interviewers were great but there was one who didn't seem like she wanted to be there. Do not ask "Do you have any reservations about my candidacy" because after they seemed pretty bothered by the question. It was kind of intimidating that other applicants were waiting in line there as well and they were all a lot older than me. Just do your research and don't let them scare you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Emory? What can you comtribute you the Emory community?   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Decatur, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Horrible interview! Two people interviewed me and one of them sat there with a judgmental face. They asked some really hard and unorthodoxed questions. You are completely in the dark about what the next step is.

Patient Access Associate (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Don't even waste your time! Emory Clinic has the worst interview process that I have ever seen and experienced. This healthcare organization leaves you completely in the dark about whether or not you will receive a job offer once you've interviewed with them. If you are seeking "anxiety" then this would be the right hospital you'd fit perfectly in with. You can give it your best shot at the interview with the President and COO, have the perfect background and meet all of the qualifications to perform the job, and still not get a job offer. This organization is mostly seeking people already in a management position. I can see why anyone wouldn't want to merge with this hospital. It all starts with leadership. The President and COO does not exhibit the type of characteristics from people being in charge. They do not look or appear to be confident in who they are. How can they expect the same from the rest of the team or from people interviewing for a job? On top of that, the talent acquisition associates (HR Department) definitely does not fit the job description of people that are actually qualified to work in the office and select/choose the right candidates for Emory, because they are not the right candidates themselves. Emory Healthcare (Clinic) will have you interviewing over and over again for the same positions in which you already have before, just because they have different assigned requisition numbers with the same job title, as this has happened to me numerous of times before. On top of that the pay($13/hr - $14.51/hr) is very disappointing for people with a college degree education. I am definitely not applying with this company again! It's just not worth all of the hassle they put you through.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Emory? Why now?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Decatur, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a recruiter in about 4 weeks, scheduled an interview, came in for the interview and by the way...it was very difficult to find and no visual sign (parking is crazy) which almost makes you not want to accept the job because of parking. Interview went well..but as a previous interviewee stated THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME. They toy with candidates' emotions! Yes, toy with like kids. They gather all these fantastic potential employees, interview with them, hire one to none. It's just an experience to them. It's a shame that such a "reputable" company has such "unreputable practices. This is a very young people type environment so maybe they don't know any better. Kids only hire who they know. Professional people GO ELSEWHERE where appreciated and you have a fair chance of actually getting hired!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Emory? Name a time when... Mostly behavior questions.   1 Answer

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

i had to first do the application, then i had to take an assessment, i then had to do a in person first interview, i next did a personality assessment and skills assessment, the then had me to do adrug test and a second interview it was a scary but enlightening process

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

lengthy process requiring multiple levels from the staff level to the senior leadership level. Pleasant and polite workers. Tight community, and team work was exhibited. Clean environment. New area, and people were friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Decatur, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied and got a phone interview the next day. Two days later I was called back to come in for a one on one interview the following Tuesday. It was difficult to find and I got there on time only because someone pointed me in the right direction after 20 minutes of looking! The woman interviewing me was very cold even after telling me how qualified I was! She never smiled and only asked me 3 questions completely unrelated to the job I was applying for. I knew I wouldn't get a call back when she said I should apply to other jobs in other healthcare places because I had more than enough experience. Everyone was nice but if I had to work under her I wouldn't do it. I never even got a call back saying if I was. Going on to the next phase. After a week and a half I knew my fate.

Interview Questions

• How is the weather outside today? Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emory Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was straight forward. Brief phone interview, in person with manager, skill test, then group interview with COO offer same day. They were very professional and nice. I actually missed my first interview and they called me back a week later to interview again. Easy questions about your experience and goals.

Interview Questions

• Describe good customer service and 4 things you liked about it? Name a time you made a process easier for your employer? Describe yourself in 5 words?   Answer Question