Emory Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

Intern Interview

Cover Letter and Resume: Round 1
    Pick top 3 project choices and write an essay on why you want those project choices: Round 2
    Interview across the board with different section administrators: Round 3
    Get an offer: Round 4

Interview Questions
    • If you had to work with another intern how would you manage them?   Answer Question
    $15/hr base salary

Nurse Practitioner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Emory Healthcare in August 2014.

Relaxed environment. Behavioral questions were asked. Questions not too difficult if you prepare. How did you handle a team member who was not performing well? Discuss a difficult situation and how did you handle it?

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever went along with a policy even though you didn't agree with it?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emory Healthcare in August 2014.

I applied online and I received an email a week later saying that I was being considered for the position. A week later I was contact to schedule an interview. The interview consisted of two supervisors for the department. They read from a scripted paper and showed me around the lab and introduced me to some of the people I could possibly be working with. A few days after the interview I received an email saying that my information had been sent to the recruitment office and I was sent some "pre-employment" information. Two days later I was offered the job and sent more information about pre-employment requirements.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very simple things about how you behave and handle certain situations. How do you handle things that are out of your control? Have you ever been a part of a team where someone isn't holding their own weight? Describe a time when you acted quickly? Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They offer a base rate of $11.74

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Emory Healthcare in August 2014.

I applied online in June. There was a phone interview in July. I was asked to come in for panel interview in August. There were the director, associate director, Sr Manager. They were looking for someone with a unique background.

Patient Service Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emory Healthcare in July 2014.

This process began with a job fair that felt much like a cattle call. I had an initial interview that day (Thurs) which lasted about 30 min. The man who interviewed me was very pleasant and thorough in his questions. They stated I would hear back the following Tuesday- I did not hear back until Wed or Thurs and it was nerve-wracking! Thankfully they extended a 2nd interview to me and it was for the final group interview with the President. I will say, the group interview made me anxious because I had never done that before. There were 4 other interviewees who joined me in the process. There were 3 recruiters and the President who asked us a variety of questions. The challenging aspect of doing a group interview was with reference to answering the questions: For ex, a recruiter would ask a question and pick a random person to answer. They then may go clockwise, counter clockwise or switch up the order of who answered next. That means you have to be on your toes with answers and also be prepared with other answers in the event your answer was given by another interviewee. It was intimidating to say the least!

I worked with two different recruiters. The male recruiter who followed up with me after the 2nd interview was professional and informative. Unfortunately, I was not as impressed with the other female recruiter who extended the offer letter and set up my original interview. She was curt, unhelpful, and borderline rude. She gave me a moment to pause when it came to accepting this position because she made me feel so unwelcome and uncomfortable. I found her attitude super unfortunate, especially for the role she is in as a recruiter where I would expect someone to be more customer service friendly and warm. Aside from her, everyone else I dealt with was lovely, professional, well spoken and kind!

Interview Questions
    • What is one undergrad class you would take again if you could? How would you summarize your resume in one line? Describe a quality/characteristic that a parent imparts to you that is the most important and how it relates to this role?   Answer Question
    No negotiation- they were firm about their payscale.

ER Patient Access Representative - Midtown Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emory Healthcare in June 2014.

The hiring process was pretty easy. I applied online same day the job was posted and received a call from a recruiter the same day(Monday 6/23) inviting me to a interview for that Wednesday(6/25) I interviewed at midtown with the Admissions manager. She made me feel very comfortable, felt as if we already knew each other. The questions asked were behavioral questions and see how well I worked with a team. The interview only lasted about 30 mins. I was told that I would hear something by that Friday, if not call the following Monday to check my status with HR. I didn't receive a call that Friday or Monday. Ugh! So I emailed Hr to check status she told me she hadn't receive any information about the interviews that were held and when she did she would follow up. About 2 weeks later (7/8/14)I received a call from her offering me the job. I then had to schedule a date for my hire health assessment which I took Tuesday 7/15. Now I am officially an Emory employee. My start date is 7/28.

Interview Questions
    • If your co worker had a problem with you, how would you address it?   Answer Question
    No, final offer plus $2 differential pay

Pct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Emory Healthcare.

Called me

Wesley Woods Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emory Healthcare in December 2013.

Went in for two interviews for one of Emory's senior living facilities. Took about three hours of my time between two interviews, never heard back about the position and left several messages and emails for HR. Come to find out the job was taken by someone in house. If that were the plan,please DO not waste anyone's time.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all pretty general, some a little weird I think. They act as if they are so professional,yet do not even let you know if you have the job or if it was filled.   Answer Question

Patient Service Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Emory Healthcare.

Crazy&Long......Started with a job fair on a Saturday. Depending on how well you did it was three different interviews If you did well they said they would call. It took about a week for them to call back, then I had to come in for a group interview with about four others. Sat with the President and another administration for about an hour, that felt like three

Interview Questions
    • Super hard only because you have the answers and back up answers, but when you don't get asked first and others say what you have planned or something similar you really have to think really hard and breathe...

Who has influenced you the most?
      Who do you think is influential?
      How do handle stress?
      How do make each persons experience unique?
      If you could go back to your last job what would you do differently?
      What is considered a good day?
      What are some strengths and weakness?
      How would you describe yourself?

And countless others!!!!!!!!
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, pretty much just told you what you would make

Clinic Operations Manager Interview

I was asked to interview with the administrator, director, and executive director. In addition, I met with the supervisors and a few staff members. The interview was a behavior based interview which required the candidate to regurgitate the same story roughly 9 times because everyone chose the same question to ask.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all behavior based so be prepared with specific stories regarding team work, tough decisions, and working with patients.   Answer Question
    No negotiations were really possible. At least not with compensation.