Emory University

2.3

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Emory University.

Remember this was 12+ years ago so I'm sure some practices have changed. I met with the CFO for a 1:1 interview, she felt I had too much experience for the front office. She interviewed me for a upcoming position. I meet with 2 other supervisors that day which went well and received a call back by 4pm that day for a follow up interview. I came in 24 hrs later and was offered the job by the HR Director. He was very funny and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • How do I feel about animal research? And Animal Rights activist?   Answer Question

Associate Director, Student Conduct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Emory University.

I was initially hired as the first assistant director for the Office of Student Conduct, then promoted to associate director over four years later. My selection process was typical for a student affairs position: I submitted a cover letter, resume, and professional references. I had a telephone interview, then was invited for an on campus interview that was a full day in length and involved meetings with various constituency groups.

Interview Questions
    • At dinner the day before my interviewing began I was given a case study that was a composite of several difficult situations that office had recently addressed. I was asked to review the case and be prepared to discuss it at my final interview of the day.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a higher salary and temporary on-campus housing accommodations while I identified an apartment to lease.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emory University in December 2013.

3 rounds of application - online application followed by Skype interview. called for campus interview 3 weeks after Skype interview. campus interview lasted 3 days. interviews took place over breakfast, lunch and dinner, and a job talk presentation.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Emory University.

Interview with Professor. Basic questions: Why do you like the subject? What do you want to get from this research position?

Research Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emory University.

It was very important to know someone inside Emory. It is a huge bureaucracy, and I feel sorry for those who do not have an insider to advance the process. Having such an insider, it was very easy for me. The red tape really occurred in salary negotiation; Emory wants to stay within specific boundaries, some of which are unrealistic.

Interview Questions
    • the toughest question is sometimes the most expected: Why would you want to be at Emory? Well, its a great university with wonderful benefits in a great city. Duh... But if you answer with that, it isn't original, so you're kinda stuck.   Answer Question
    The red tape really occurred in salary negotiation; Emory wants to stay within specific boundaries, some of which are unrealistic. But don't give in to their first offer; Emory floats on money and they will hire who they want, a few extra dollars won't crush them.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emory University in June 2012.

Facile process with a few question. It starts with a presentation and then meet all the group member. Everybody was nice and trying to help me. The offer came after several email correspondence which is kind of long process.I have no major complains.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emory University in April 2012.

I had two interviews. The first was through a group setting and the second was with the PI over the phone. They were somewhat relaxed and seemed like they were eager to hire someone asap. The group interview consisted of me explaining what my last two work experiences were and any thing I wanted to add that was not on my resume like volunteer experiences. There were not many behavioral questions other than,
    "Where do you see yourself in 5 years? and What do you like to do for fun?"

Interview Questions
    Salary, somewhat; however, they were deadlocked on a price. Remember to try to get it as high as possible, but do not let go of a great position if the desired salary and actual offer differs by a couple thousand dollars per year.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Emory University in January 2012.

Must apply via Emory University HR website. Be prepared to enter details about educational background as well as contact information for all professional references up front.

Highly recommend connecting with someone in the department--HR often does not forward all resumes to the hiring manager!

Interview Questions
    • What would you tell a consulting MBA job seeker to do?   Answer Question
    No ability to negotiate. Even though salary was advertised with a $15K range, hiring manager was only able to offer base level advertsied--this is quite common in higher education.

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emory University in January 2012.

Filled out application online. Needed two recommendations, one from a Professor and the other from a supervisor from a job or extracurricular activity. Was then contacted to come to an interview process that lasts about 2 hours in total. We had a group interview, where the panel watched how we as candidates interacted with one another to discuss issues at Emory, then later a 2 on 1 interview with two ResLife staff members.

Interview Questions
    • If there is one area of Emory that you think needs more attention, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Web Or Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Emory University in December 2011.

Had a phone interview and then on site interview with direct team I would be working with, marketing team, CIO and another manager. From my perspective the interview went well. They asked why did I want to work for Emory and to describe my work experience. They where late to the in person interview. Unfortunately the process took WAY too long 2 months. I had two interviews in the mean time from other companies with offers before I even got an update no longer under consideration. So regardless of an offer I would of had to turn it down.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the difference between html and xhtml   View Answer