Emory University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.5

Academic Department Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online via the Emory University website, the HR automated website sent me updates as I was moved through the process. Once the hiring manager decided to interview me, I received and email letting me know of their interest and scheduling the interview. What was especially helpful is that he sent me bullet points of what he would like to discuss so I was able to make notes and be very prepared and have a very productive conversation.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

The interview was pretty simple and the interview was concerned with gauging my interest in the position. I applied for a part time research position as a student.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests ? Why do you believe you are a good fit for the position ?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Submitted online application. Recruiter then contact me. Went on a interview with unit manager and department manager. 45 minutes of behavioral questions. HR contacted me 2 days later with an offer. All staff was super helpful and nice.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you dealt with a difficult patient. what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • describe an instant when you saw your coworker making a mistake. what did you do. what was the outcome   Answer Question
    • what leadership roles have you taken on. describe your role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR was very nice. Tried to up my salary. Didn't happen though.

Library Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about a month and a half. Overall the staff was friendly but it was not as organized as I would have liked. For example, I was applying to two separate positions and when the recruiter for one of the positions called she scheduled a time for a phone interview. The other simply began asking me questions without giving me time to prepare and with no previous warning, so I was on speaker in a conference room with four separate employees and no preparation. Perhaps this was a simple screening, but I would have liked to been better informed.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have an countered a tense situation with a coworker.   Answer Question

Temporary Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Emory University in January 2015.

Interview

The process took about 4 to 5 months. After you fill out the application and if you qualify they will contact you by email to take about 7 assessment test in a certain time frame. If you do well on the tests you are called in for a standard interview where they ask you questions like: tell me about yourself, why Emory, tell me a time where you dealt with a difficult situation and how did you handle it? What are your strengths/weaknesses.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Submit resume and application online or at a career fair, one interview with the office manager. When I entered I was told she already intended to hire me, so it was nice to know where we stood going in.

Interview Questions

• Are you keeping your hair like that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Most of hiring process through online--can be hard to navigate, but not impossible. I do not think my process was normal. The semester was about to begin and they needed to fill the position. I have found the administration here easy to work with and highly ethical. Emory is a good place to work.

Negotiation

Good. Ethical.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Applied online and emailed the HR department with my resume. I received a call within a week of sending my initial email. I interviewed with three different people on three different interviews. After that they hired an internal person for the position.

Non-clinical Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Campus recruiting. Two rounds in a row. Two interviews, each one is half an hour. One will ask you technical questions and the other ask you behavior question. One week later the HR will call you about the result and give you offer at that time. You only have two weeks or so to decide.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Emory University in June 2014.

Interview

Over the course of 4 months I interviewed with everyone and their mama. It seemed almost as if they were still trying to justify the position. Just kept going and going, then after the last phone call, where he asked the question below, I never heard from anyone again. Very RUDE, after I spent so much time going there to talk to everyone. one on one. I deserved a call, email, etc. or something to say "thanks for your time, but no thanks" at the very least.

Interview Questions

• After everything you've seen here and everyone you talked to, in what specific ways could you help us?   Answer Question