Emory University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.4

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Submitted online application. Recruiter then contact me. Went on a interview with unit manager and department manager. 45 minutes of behavioral questions. HR contacted me 2 days later with an offer. All staff was super helpful and nice.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you dealt with a difficult patient. what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • describe an instant when you saw your coworker making a mistake. what did you do. what was the outcome   Answer Question
    • what leadership roles have you taken on. describe your role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR was very nice. Tried to up my salary. Didn't happen though.

Library Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about a month and a half. Overall the staff was friendly but it was not as organized as I would have liked. For example, I was applying to two separate positions and when the recruiter for one of the positions called she scheduled a time for a phone interview. The other simply began asking me questions without giving me time to prepare and with no previous warning, so I was on speaker in a conference room with four separate employees and no preparation. Perhaps this was a simple screening, but I would have liked to been better informed.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have an countered a tense situation with a coworker.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Submit resume and application online or at a career fair, one interview with the office manager. When I entered I was told she already intended to hire me, so it was nice to know where we stood going in.

Interview Questions

• Are you keeping your hair like that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Most of hiring process through online--can be hard to navigate, but not impossible. I do not think my process was normal. The semester was about to begin and they needed to fill the position. I have found the administration here easy to work with and highly ethical. Emory is a good place to work.

Negotiation

Good. Ethical.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Applied online and emailed the HR department with my resume. I received a call within a week of sending my initial email. I interviewed with three different people on three different interviews. After that they hired an internal person for the position.

Non-clinical Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Campus recruiting. Two rounds in a row. Two interviews, each one is half an hour. One will ask you technical questions and the other ask you behavior question. One week later the HR will call you about the result and give you offer at that time. You only have two weeks or so to decide.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Emory University in June 2014.

Interview

Over the course of 4 months I interviewed with everyone and their mama. It seemed almost as if they were still trying to justify the position. Just kept going and going, then after the last phone call, where he asked the question below, I never heard from anyone again. Very RUDE, after I spent so much time going there to talk to everyone. one on one. I deserved a call, email, etc. or something to say "thanks for your time, but no thanks" at the very least.

Interview Questions

• After everything you've seen here and everyone you talked to, in what specific ways could you help us?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Remember this was 12+ years ago so I'm sure some practices have changed. I met with the CFO for a 1:1 interview, she felt I had too much experience for the front office. She interviewed me for a upcoming position. I meet with 2 other supervisors that day which went well and received a call back by 4pm that day for a follow up interview. I came in 24 hrs later and was offered the job by the HR Director. He was very funny and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about animal research? And Animal Rights activist?   Answer Question

Interview

Initial communications and interview process very easy and seamless. Interviewers are laid back and helpful. Groups like to interview candidates so the team can understand if the candidate will be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Depending on what group you are interviewing with, questions such as sensitivity to other cultures, religions and backgrounds may come up. This is important when working with diverse groups and exciting to have opportunities to interact with people who come from all over the world with different experiences.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

interviewed at Emory University in April 2014.

Interview

preliminary phone interview, then all day interview. Gave me things to prepare and present for the all day interview. You will meet with a lot of different people. Make sure to send thank you notes or emails and to remember specific things from your conversations. They look for people who already understand and Emory university as a whole so a lot of research on the universities fundraising practices was necessary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can negotiate but not much