Emory University

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.4

Senior Program Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emory University.

Most of hiring process through online--can be hard to navigate, but not impossible. I do not think my process was normal. The semester was about to begin and they needed to fill the position. I have found the administration here easy to work with and highly ethical. Emory is a good place to work.

Good. Ethical.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emory University.

Applied online and emailed the HR department with my resume. I received a call within a week of sending my initial email. I interviewed with three different people on three different interviews. After that they hired an internal person for the position.

Non-clinical Services Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Emory University.

Campus recruiting. Two rounds in a row. Two interviews, each one is half an hour. One will ask you technical questions and the other ask you behavior question. One week later the HR will call you about the result and give you offer at that time. You only have two weeks or so to decide.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Emory University.

Remember this was 12+ years ago so I'm sure some practices have changed. I met with the CFO for a 1:1 interview, she felt I had too much experience for the front office. She interviewed me for a upcoming position. I meet with 2 other supervisors that day which went well and received a call back by 4pm that day for a follow up interview. I came in 24 hrs later and was offered the job by the HR Director. He was very funny and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • How do I feel about animal research? And Animal Rights activist?   Answer Question

Public Health Program Associate Senior Interview

Initial communications and interview process very easy and seamless. Interviewers are laid back and helpful. Groups like to interview candidates so the team can understand if the candidate will be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Depending on what group you are interviewing with, questions such as sensitivity to other cultures, religions and backgrounds may come up. This is important when working with diverse groups and exciting to have opportunities to interact with people who come from all over the world with different experiences.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

interviewed at Emory University in April 2014.

preliminary phone interview, then all day interview. Gave me things to prepare and present for the all day interview. You will meet with a lot of different people. Make sure to send thank you notes or emails and to remember specific things from your conversations. They look for people who already understand and Emory university as a whole so a lot of research on the universities fundraising practices was necessary.

Interview Questions
    You can negotiate but not much

Administrative Assistant Interview

Straightforward and simple

Simple and short

Associate Director, Student Conduct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Emory University.

I was initially hired as the first assistant director for the Office of Student Conduct, then promoted to associate director over four years later. My selection process was typical for a student affairs position: I submitted a cover letter, resume, and professional references. I had a telephone interview, then was invited for an on campus interview that was a full day in length and involved meetings with various constituency groups.

Interview Questions
    • At dinner the day before my interviewing began I was given a case study that was a composite of several difficult situations that office had recently addressed. I was asked to review the case and be prepared to discuss it at my final interview of the day.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a higher salary and temporary on-campus housing accommodations while I identified an apartment to lease.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emory University in December 2013.

3 rounds of application - online application followed by Skype interview. called for campus interview 3 weeks after Skype interview. campus interview lasted 3 days. interviews took place over breakfast, lunch and dinner, and a job talk presentation.

Admission Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Emory University.

When you are brought on-site, you are interviewed by a group of your potential future colleagues/peers. Usually it is several small groups but sometimes just one big group. You also give a presentation on a topic of your choice and then have a one-on-one with the supervisor

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a group/organization/community where you have created a lasting impact that no one else could have done in quite the same way.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable due to the pre-set salaries by HR