Emory University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.4

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

The interview panelist were warm,rigorous and engaging. Went through 3 different interview panels. It was for not sure 3-4 days plus arrival and departure days process, we were lodged in a hotel, our feeding was taken care of. We had a tour of the city and a wonderful dinner with current students.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to undergo a PhD? What are your areas of interest, what are your career goals, where do you see yourself in 10 years time? Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

step 1: phone screen by HR. step 2: phone interview with hiring manager. step 3: in-person interview with hiring manager and some team members. step 4: follow up phone conversation to address questions from both sides

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Interview

The interview was pretty simple and the interview was concerned with gauging my interest in the position. I applied for a part time research position as a student.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests ? Why do you believe you are a good fit for the position ?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Submitted online application. Recruiter then contact me. Went on a interview with unit manager and department manager. 45 minutes of behavioral questions. HR contacted me 2 days later with an offer. All staff was super helpful and nice.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you dealt with a difficult patient. what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • describe an instant when you saw your coworker making a mistake. what did you do. what was the outcome   Answer Question
    • what leadership roles have you taken on. describe your role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR was very nice. Tried to up my salary. Didn't happen though.

Library Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about a month and a half. Overall the staff was friendly but it was not as organized as I would have liked. For example, I was applying to two separate positions and when the recruiter for one of the positions called she scheduled a time for a phone interview. The other simply began asking me questions without giving me time to prepare and with no previous warning, so I was on speaker in a conference room with four separate employees and no preparation. Perhaps this was a simple screening, but I would have liked to been better informed.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have an countered a tense situation with a coworker.   Answer Question

Business Objects Developer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on the university career website. Very very slow interview process with five rounds of interview. I was approached by the hiring manager in March 2015 and had my initial screen. Initial screen lasted for about 25mins and later in April 2015 i had my second phone interview with the team. This was more of behavioral questions about my work and it lasted about 45mins. I had my third phone technical interview in the May 2015. This lasted for 30mins and purely technical. Then again in the last week of May 2015, i had a 30min skype interview call with the chief officers of the university which was again behavioral. In June 2015, finally i was called in for an in person interview which involved meeting the whole IT/non IT team and having lunch with them. The final round was more casual and it was good to meet everybody. This lasted for 3 to 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• 1) How do you describe yourself 2) What do you expect from a manager 3) Describe a difficult situation with users that you had to handle 4) Define loop and different ways to resolve a loop 5) What is a derived table, aggregate table 6) few questions on BO administration   Answer Question

Temporary Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Emory University in January 2015.

Interview

The process took about 4 to 5 months. After you fill out the application and if you qualify they will contact you by email to take about 7 assessment test in a certain time frame. If you do well on the tests you are called in for a standard interview where they ask you questions like: tell me about yourself, why Emory, tell me a time where you dealt with a difficult situation and how did you handle it? What are your strengths/weaknesses.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Submit resume and application online or at a career fair, one interview with the office manager. When I entered I was told she already intended to hire me, so it was nice to know where we stood going in.

Interview Questions

• Are you keeping your hair like that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Most of hiring process through online--can be hard to navigate, but not impossible. I do not think my process was normal. The semester was about to begin and they needed to fill the position. I have found the administration here easy to work with and highly ethical. Emory is a good place to work.

Negotiation

Good. Ethical.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Campus recruiting. Two rounds in a row. Two interviews, each one is half an hour. One will ask you technical questions and the other ask you behavior question. One week later the HR will call you about the result and give you offer at that time. You only have two weeks or so to decide.