Emory University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Applied online and emailed the HR department with my resume. I received a call within a week of sending my initial email. I interviewed with three different people on three different interviews. After that they hired an internal person for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Campus recruiting. Two rounds in a row. Two interviews, each one is half an hour. One will ask you technical questions and the other ask you behavior question. One week later the HR will call you about the result and give you offer at that time. You only have two weeks or so to decide.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Emory University in June 2014.

Interview

Over the course of 4 months I interviewed with everyone and their mama. It seemed almost as if they were still trying to justify the position. Just kept going and going, then after the last phone call, where he asked the question below, I never heard from anyone again. Very RUDE, after I spent so much time going there to talk to everyone. one on one. I deserved a call, email, etc. or something to say "thanks for your time, but no thanks" at the very least.

Interview Questions

• After everything you've seen here and everyone you talked to, in what specific ways could you help us?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Remember this was 12+ years ago so I'm sure some practices have changed. I met with the CFO for a 1:1 interview, she felt I had too much experience for the front office. She interviewed me for a upcoming position. I meet with 2 other supervisors that day which went well and received a call back by 4pm that day for a follow up interview. I came in 24 hrs later and was offered the job by the HR Director. He was very funny and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about animal research? And Animal Rights activist?   Answer Question

Interview

Initial communications and interview process very easy and seamless. Interviewers are laid back and helpful. Groups like to interview candidates so the team can understand if the candidate will be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Depending on what group you are interviewing with, questions such as sensitivity to other cultures, religions and backgrounds may come up. This is important when working with diverse groups and exciting to have opportunities to interact with people who come from all over the world with different experiences.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I interviewed at Emory University in April 2014.

Interview

preliminary phone interview, then all day interview. Gave me things to prepare and present for the all day interview. You will meet with a lot of different people. Make sure to send thank you notes or emails and to remember specific things from your conversations. They look for people who already understand and Emory university as a whole so a lot of research on the universities fundraising practices was necessary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can negotiate but not much

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

They look for intelligence and problem solving. Basically, they want to see if you can multi-task and how you would react and handle various situations and patrons. There are a lot of things that can go wrong and a lot of people who can call you asking for all sorts of different things.

Interview Questions

Interview

Straightforward and simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple and short

Associate Director, Student Conduct Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was initially hired as the first assistant director for the Office of Student Conduct, then promoted to associate director over four years later. My selection process was typical for a student affairs position: I submitted a cover letter, resume, and professional references. I had a telephone interview, then was invited for an on campus interview that was a full day in length and involved meetings with various constituency groups.

Interview Questions

• At dinner the day before my interviewing began I was given a case study that was a composite of several difficult situations that office had recently addressed. I was asked to review the case and be prepared to discuss it at my final interview of the day.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary and temporary on-campus housing accommodations while I identified an apartment to lease.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of application - online application followed by Skype interview. called for campus interview 3 weeks after Skype interview. campus interview lasted 3 days. interviews took place over breakfast, lunch and dinner, and a job talk presentation.