Emory University Interview Questions

2.3

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Emory University in January 2012.

Filled out application online. Needed two recommendations, one from a Professor and the other from a supervisor from a job or extracurricular activity. Was then contacted to come to an interview process that lasts about 2 hours in total. We had a group interview, where the panel watched how we as candidates interacted with one another to discuss issues at Emory, then later a 2 on 1 interview with two ResLife staff members.

Interview Questions
    • If there is one area of Emory that you think needs more attention, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator III Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Emory University.

Worked here in the past. Was hired back. Interview process consisted of sending resume and one meeting with boss. Pretty simple. Most people are referral hires in the department. No aptitude/personality tests. There is a background/drug screen after you've been given an offer.

Good luck negotiating. HR is pretty unlikely to offer a better salary since they have to make sure that everyone gets paid the same amount for a job title with similar work experience/background.

Research Assistant Interview

Had a phone interview and was asked questions regarding to tasks of the job and my experience doing certain job requirements.

Very nice and said they would let me know as soon as they interviewed the other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not that hard; just talking about my prior experience   Answer Question

Student Caller Interview

First interview is over the phone. Basically tests your ability to be conversational and think on your feet. As well as gauging your interest in the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince me if I were a potential donor, to give to Telefund or one of Emory's programs?>   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Emory University.

email, then phone interview, then in-person interview with several people

Research Assistant Interview

The process was simple. There was only one interview and it was quite informal. The questions were not at all tricky. I applied online on the emory website and was contacted for an interview about a week later. I was actually offered the job based on my resume qualifications, so the interview was simply a chance for them to se if I was who I said i was.

Interview Questions
    • What unique characteristic will you add to the research team   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Emory University in January 2012.

Must apply via Emory University HR website. Be prepared to enter details about educational background as well as contact information for all professional references up front.

Highly recommend connecting with someone in the department--HR often does not forward all resumes to the hiring manager!

Interview Questions
    • What would you tell a consulting MBA job seeker to do?   Answer Question
    No ability to negotiate. Even though salary was advertised with a $15K range, hiring manager was only able to offer base level advertsied--this is quite common in higher education.

Clinical Research Nurse Interview

HR is generally slow is hiring for clinical research nurses due to their stringent screening process. There are typically 3 to 4 interviews which they try to schedule in one or two days.

Interview Questions
    • How do you function in extremely stressful environments?   Answer Question
    Learn from my mistake. Please make sure to negotiate a good salary upfront as there are no bonuses or overtime and merit raises are meager.

Research Specialist Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Decatur, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Emory University in June 2010.

very slow and process is hard to folllow

other offer available

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Emory University.

I was contacted and had a brief phone interview where we scheduled me to come in. Standard interview questions, talking about what I had done, why I was looking right now, etc. Had a second interview the next week and was extended an offer shortly afterwards.

Salary computed by HR based on experience