Emory University Interview Questions

Straightforward and simple

Simple and short

Associate Director, Student Conduct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Emory University.

I was initially hired as the first assistant director for the Office of Student Conduct, then promoted to associate director over four years later. My selection process was typical for a student affairs position: I submitted a cover letter, resume, and professional references. I had a telephone interview, then was invited for an on campus interview that was a full day in length and involved meetings with various constituency groups.

Interview Questions
    • At dinner the day before my interviewing began I was given a case study that was a composite of several difficult situations that office had recently addressed. I was asked to review the case and be prepared to discuss it at my final interview of the day.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a higher salary and temporary on-campus housing accommodations while I identified an apartment to lease.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emory University in December 2013.

3 rounds of application - online application followed by Skype interview. called for campus interview 3 weeks after Skype interview. campus interview lasted 3 days. interviews took place over breakfast, lunch and dinner, and a job talk presentation.

Admission Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Emory University.

When you are brought on-site, you are interviewed by a group of your potential future colleagues/peers. Usually it is several small groups but sometimes just one big group. You also give a presentation on a topic of your choice and then have a one-on-one with the supervisor

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a group/organization/community where you have created a lasting impact that no one else could have done in quite the same way.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable due to the pre-set salaries by HR

Office Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emory University in September 2013.

Asked about previous experience, no specific questions in regards to skill. It was a one on one interview with a nice atmosphere. Look tidy and speak clearly. Looking for people who are good at customer service.

Clinical Research Coordinator III Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Emory University.

Worked here in the past. Was hired back. Interview process consisted of sending resume and one meeting with boss. Pretty simple. Most people are referral hires in the department. No aptitude/personality tests. There is a background/drug screen after you've been given an offer.

Good luck negotiating. HR is pretty unlikely to offer a better salary since they have to make sure that everyone gets paid the same amount for a job title with similar work experience/background.

Research Assistant Interview

Had a phone interview and was asked questions regarding to tasks of the job and my experience doing certain job requirements.

Very nice and said they would let me know as soon as they interviewed the other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not that hard; just talking about my prior experience   Answer Question

Student Caller Interview

First interview is over the phone. Basically tests your ability to be conversational and think on your feet. As well as gauging your interest in the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince me if I were a potential donor, to give to Telefund or one of Emory's programs?>   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emory University.

email, then phone interview, then in-person interview with several people

Research Assistant Interview

The process was simple. There was only one interview and it was quite informal. The questions were not at all tricky. I applied online on the emory website and was contacted for an interview about a week later. I was actually offered the job based on my resume qualifications, so the interview was simply a chance for them to se if I was who I said i was.

Interview Questions
    • What unique characteristic will you add to the research team   Answer Question