Emory University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.5

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

interviewed at Emory University in April 2014.

Interview

preliminary phone interview, then all day interview. Gave me things to prepare and present for the all day interview. You will meet with a lot of different people. Make sure to send thank you notes or emails and to remember specific things from your conversations. They look for people who already understand and Emory university as a whole so a lot of research on the universities fundraising practices was necessary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can negotiate but not much

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

They look for intelligence and problem solving. Basically, they want to see if you can multi-task and how you would react and handle various situations and patrons. There are a lot of things that can go wrong and a lot of people who can call you asking for all sorts of different things.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Straightforward and simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple and short

Associate Director, Student Conduct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was initially hired as the first assistant director for the Office of Student Conduct, then promoted to associate director over four years later. My selection process was typical for a student affairs position: I submitted a cover letter, resume, and professional references. I had a telephone interview, then was invited for an on campus interview that was a full day in length and involved meetings with various constituency groups.

Interview Questions

• At dinner the day before my interviewing began I was given a case study that was a composite of several difficult situations that office had recently addressed. I was asked to review the case and be prepared to discuss it at my final interview of the day.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary and temporary on-campus housing accommodations while I identified an apartment to lease.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of application - online application followed by Skype interview. called for campus interview 3 weeks after Skype interview. campus interview lasted 3 days. interviews took place over breakfast, lunch and dinner, and a job talk presentation.

Admission Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Emory University.

Interview

When you are brought on-site, you are interviewed by a group of your potential future colleagues/peers. Usually it is several small groups but sometimes just one big group. You also give a presentation on a topic of your choice and then have a one-on-one with the supervisor

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a group/organization/community where you have created a lasting impact that no one else could have done in quite the same way.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable due to the pre-set salaries by HR

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emory University in September 2013.

Interview

Asked about previous experience, no specific questions in regards to skill. It was a one on one interview with a nice atmosphere. Look tidy and speak clearly. Looking for people who are good at customer service.

Clinical Research Coordinator III Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Emory University.

Interview

Worked here in the past. Was hired back. Interview process consisted of sending resume and one meeting with boss. Pretty simple. Most people are referral hires in the department. No aptitude/personality tests. There is a background/drug screen after you've been given an offer.

Negotiation

Good luck negotiating. HR is pretty unlikely to offer a better salary since they have to make sure that everyone gets paid the same amount for a job title with similar work experience/background.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview and was asked questions regarding to tasks of the job and my experience doing certain job requirements.

Very nice and said they would let me know as soon as they interviewed the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not that hard; just talking about my prior experience   Answer Question

Student Caller Interview

Interview

First interview is over the phone. Basically tests your ability to be conversational and think on your feet. As well as gauging your interest in the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince me if I were a potential donor, to give to Telefund or one of Emory's programs?>   Answer Question