Emory University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Emory University in August 2008.

Interview Details – I applied directly to the PI. Initial communication was through email, followed that by a phone interview. The phone interview was confined to science; mostly my research, what interests me about the lab, etc. I was then invited to visit the lab, interact with other members of the lab, meet faculty members with whom we collaborate and then a presentation.

I was offered the job within 48 hours.

The whole process from the initial contact to the offer stage took only 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Mostly conversational. General stuff about research and science.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Typically, this sort of positions don't allow much room for negotiations when it comes to salary. However, my start date was quite flexible and that helped a lot.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Emory University in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was standard for the field involving a site visit, multiple meetings with different faculty members, and a presentation to the department. People were very friendly, honest and helpful. However, I knew the people I was interviewing with from professional meetings. I also already had an offer, so the interview was more for me to decide if I wanted to work at Emory.

Interview Question – Why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately Emory standardizes the pay scale for postdocs according to the NIH payline. You can negotiate additional salary, but this is very difficult.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Emory University

Worked for Emory University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Emory University Postdoctoral Fellow interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Emory University employees and interview candidates.