Emory University

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Emory University in August 2008.

I applied directly to the PI. Initial communication was through email, followed that by a phone interview. The phone interview was confined to science; mostly my research, what interests me about the lab, etc. I was then invited to visit the lab, interact with other members of the lab, meet faculty members with whom we collaborate and then a presentation.

I was offered the job within 48 hours.

The whole process from the initial contact to the offer stage took only 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly conversational. General stuff about research and science.   Answer Question
Typically, this sort of positions don't allow much room for negotiations when it comes to salary. However, my start date was quite flexible and that helped a lot.

Other Interview Reviews for Emory University

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Emory University in January 2011.

The interview process was standard for the field involving a site visit, multiple meetings with different faculty members, and a presentation to the department. People were very friendly, honest and helpful. However, I knew the people I was interviewing with from professional meetings. I also already had an offer, so the interview was more for me to decide if I wanted to work at Emory.

Interview Questions
    • Why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself.   View Answer
    Unfortunately Emory standardizes the pay scale for postdocs according to the NIH payline. You can negotiate additional salary, but this is very difficult.