Empire Education Group

www.empire.edu

Empire Education Group Interview Questions

3.1

Market Research Coordinator Interview

My application was submitted at headquarters. I received a phone call as the initial interview. We then scheduled a 1:1 interview at the office. My initial feel of the office environment was that it was quiet and unfriendly. Once I was working there, the employees were all very nice. The interviews were all basic questions.
    I enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot of new marketing techniques, but it was time to move on.

Cosmetology Educator/Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Empire Education Group in May 2013.

I applied online. I was contacted a couple of days later by HR and a phone interview time was set up. The representative was nice and was able to do the interview at my convenience. At the end of the phone interview (lasted 20 minutes) I was told I would be contacted by either the director of the school or by HR again. The next day I was contacted by the director to come in for an interview the next week. When I arrived at the school, I was asked to fill out an application and then taken back to the director's office. The interview was pleasant. I was given a tour of the school and introduced other educators. I was given a technical interview. I was told to do any haircut I wanted on a mannequin while the Director and an Educator watched. I assume this was to see how I would teach.

Interview Questions
    • Not everyone gets along with everyone for one reason or another. Name a time when you had to work with someone who you did not get along with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • How would you keep students interested in the class?   Answer Question
    • In the areas you rated yourself as weaker, how would you teach these areas and still give the passion you would to the areas you feel are your strengths. (this was after being asked to rate myself in categories/skills)   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you were placed in a difficult spot, and had to walk a thin line between being a friend, yet being a mentor/leader.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Hiring process makes you feel very important. Met with two executives prior to receiving an offer. After the interview process, a thorough background check is done and processed, and a caliper test given to test that you are a proper fit for the position that you are applying. Human Resources does a great job through this process.

Interview Questions
    • They give several "what if?" scenarios that must be answered: how you would handle a disciplinary issue, educator/staff issue, etc.   Answer Question
    I negotiated a little bit more money than i was offered, and I still wasn't satisfied, but I was promised the potential for performance based annual bonuses, though these were also done away with- and as I knew I would... I performed and would have been elgible.

Career Planning Specialist Interview

interviewed at Empire Education Group in March 2013.

My first interview was over the phone and so was my second. I was called 2 weeks after i applied. I was invited in for a face to face interview 2 days after my 2nd phone interview. My face to face interview was with the regional director and I was invited back for 2 more interviews by the Executive Director before I was finally offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • very straight forward questions, How would you deal with an individual who doesnt want to take out loans?   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Long and too many questions.

no negotiation

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottsville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottsville, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Empire Education Group in September 2011.

good process- multiple steps- met with SVP to get job.They also did a peer review- sent me to lunch with the team I would end up managing. Got exposed to overall team and emvironment- flet like it represented the company and responsibilities well. They offered to pay for any travel arrnagements needed- very responsible.

minimal- their business cannot offer incentive structures- it was the salary and thats it.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Empire Education Group in January 2011.

I was initially hired as a Career Planning Specialist ( Admissions Representative). A recruiter called me and then shortly thereafter I spoke with an H.R. Representative. Afterwards they scheduled and interview with the Executive Director of the school as well as the Regional Director and H.R. Representative. Was pretty simple and seemed very well organized and challenging interview questions.

I'm sure I could of negotiated

Career Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Empire Education Group in September 2012.

Initial interview from Corporate; Second interview from Corporate; was scheduled for a 3rd at local campus but was offered another position in the interim.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions regarding the job duties: working with students and how skills align with that; handling difficult situations, etc.   Answer Question

Career Planning Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Empire Education Group in April 2012.

Phone interview with HR. The next step was a 1:1 interview at a campus location with a director. There was no followup in person via phone. Only an email and no returned calls when more details were requested.

Academic Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Empire Education Group in May 2011.

After two phone interviews, I was given a date for a face to face interview with the Regional Director. The RD thought I was there to interview for a different position = awkward. A week after the interview I called to find out the status and was told the position was offered to an internal candidate.