Empire Education Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.9

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Empire Education Group.

Interview

HR was very Pleasant. However, when I interviewed with the Regional Director I felt as he if was intimidated by my answers. And when asked my Required Salary (I never answer this in the first stages of an interview) I explained that once I learn more about the company and you learn more about me; then we can discuss salary. This was not acceptable. I was told to answer the question or the interview would come to an end. So I did. Gave them what I know I am worth to any company with my years (15+) of experience in education. Only later to find out my Min. Salary was more than what the current regional director was making. After I received my rejection I requested additional information on how to improve my resume/interview skills (as I do with any interview) I was told by Regional, "Sorry I do not have that kind of time for someone we are not hiring.

Guess I should have took the advise of others that I knew that had worked there in the past and ran for the hills.

What what I have researched staff is VERY UNDERPAID compared to other companies of the same nature. Should have done more research!

But the great part is that it was meant to be. I am actually back with my previous employer making even more than I was expected to be making here (And that is for a position that is one level lower than the executive director. Everything happens for a reason.

Interview Questions

• HR was very Professional in the questions. Regional tried to get personal when i told him why I had been out of work for a few months. Very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Market Research Coordinator Interview

Interview

My application was submitted at headquarters. I received a phone call as the initial interview. We then scheduled a 1:1 interview at the office. My initial feel of the office environment was that it was quiet and unfriendly. Once I was working there, the employees were all very nice. The interviews were all basic questions.
    I enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot of new marketing techniques, but it was time to move on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Empire Education Group (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

Took four months to actually start. First they interview on the phone from Human Resource Department, then Skype from Regional Director, then again with the VP of Operations. Make sure you wear a suit. Very conservative company. No visible tatoos for this Executive Level. Know that there focus is on enrollments.

Interview Questions

• Know there mission statement. Everything is focussed around that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be prepared they might move you to another campus so think that through.

Cosmetology Educator/Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Empire Education Group (Denver, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted a couple of days later by HR and a phone interview time was set up. The representative was nice and was able to do the interview at my convenience. At the end of the phone interview (lasted 20 minutes) I was told I would be contacted by either the director of the school or by HR again. The next day I was contacted by the director to come in for an interview the next week. When I arrived at the school, I was asked to fill out an application and then taken back to the director's office. The interview was pleasant. I was given a tour of the school and introduced other educators. I was given a technical interview. I was told to do any haircut I wanted on a mannequin while the Director and an Educator watched. I assume this was to see how I would teach.

Interview Questions

• Not everyone gets along with everyone for one reason or another. Name a time when you had to work with someone who you did not get along with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • How would you keep students interested in the class?   Answer Question
    • In the areas you rated yourself as weaker, how would you teach these areas and still give the passion you would to the areas you feel are your strengths. (this was after being asked to rate myself in categories/skills)   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you were placed in a difficult spot, and had to walk a thin line between being a friend, yet being a mentor/leader.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

Hiring process makes you feel very important. Met with two executives prior to receiving an offer. After the interview process, a thorough background check is done and processed, and a caliper test given to test that you are a proper fit for the position that you are applying. Human Resources does a great job through this process.

Interview Questions

• They give several "what if?" scenarios that must be answered: how you would handle a disciplinary issue, educator/staff issue, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a little bit more money than i was offered, and I still wasn't satisfied, but I was promised the potential for performance based annual bonuses, though these were also done away with- and as I knew I would... I performed and would have been elgible.

Career Planning Specialist Interview

Application

interviewed at Empire Education Group in March 2013.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone and so was my second. I was called 2 weeks after i applied. I was invited in for a face to face interview 2 days after my 2nd phone interview. My face to face interview was with the regional director and I was invited back for 2 more interviews by the Executive Director before I was finally offered the position.

Interview Questions

• very straight forward questions, How would you deal with an individual who doesnt want to take out loans?   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Interview

Long and too many questions.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pottsville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Empire Education Group (Pottsville, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

good process- multiple steps- met with SVP to get job.They also did a peer review- sent me to lunch with the team I would end up managing. Got exposed to overall team and emvironment- flet like it represented the company and responsibilities well. They offered to pay for any travel arrnagements needed- very responsible.

Negotiation

minimal- their business cannot offer incentive structures- it was the salary and thats it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Empire Education Group (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I was initially hired as a Career Planning Specialist ( Admissions Representative). A recruiter called me and then shortly thereafter I spoke with an H.R. Representative. Afterwards they scheduled and interview with the Executive Director of the school as well as the Regional Director and H.R. Representative. Was pretty simple and seemed very well organized and challenging interview questions.

Negotiation

I'm sure I could of negotiated

Career Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Empire Education Group in September 2012.

Interview

Initial interview from Corporate; Second interview from Corporate; was scheduled for a 3rd at local campus but was offered another position in the interim.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions regarding the job duties: working with students and how skills align with that; handling difficult situations, etc.   Answer Question