Empire Education Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Empire Education Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was initially hired as a Career Planning Specialist ( Admissions Representative). A recruiter called me and then shortly thereafter I spoke with an H.R. Representative. Afterwards they scheduled and interview with the Executive Director of the school as well as the Regional Director and H.R. Representative. Was pretty simple and seemed very well organized and challenging interview questions.

Negotiation Details – I'm sure I could of negotiated

Career Planning Specialist Interview

Career Planning Specialist

I interviewed at Empire Education Group in March 2013.

Interview Details – My first interview was over the phone and so was my second. I was called 2 weeks after i applied. I was invited in for a face to face interview 2 days after my 2nd phone interview. My face to face interview was with the regional director and I was invited back for 2 more interviews by the Executive Director before I was finally offered the position.

Interview Question – very straight forward questions, How would you deal with an individual who doesnt want to take out loans?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Pottsville, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Empire Education Group in September 2011.

Interview Details – good process- multiple steps- met with SVP to get job.They also did a peer review- sent me to lunch with the team I would end up managing. Got exposed to overall team and emvironment- flet like it represented the company and responsibilities well. They offered to pay for any travel arrnagements needed- very responsible.

Negotiation Details – minimal- their business cannot offer incentive structures- it was the salary and thats it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Market Research Coordinator Interview

Market Research Coordinator

Interviewed at Empire Education Group

Interview Details – My application was submitted at headquarters. I received a phone call as the initial interview. We then scheduled a 1:1 interview at the office. My initial feel of the office environment was that it was quiet and unfriendly. Once I was working there, the employees were all very nice. The interviews were all basic questions.
I enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot of new marketing techniques, but it was time to move on.

Interview Question – What do you consider to be your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Cosmetology Educator/Instructor Interview

Cosmetology Educator/Instructor
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Empire Education Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. I was contacted a couple of days later by HR and a phone interview time was set up. The representative was nice and was able to do the interview at my convenience. At the end of the phone interview (lasted 20 minutes) I was told I would be contacted by either the director of the school or by HR again. The next day I was contacted by the director to come in for an interview the next week. When I arrived at the school, I was asked to fill out an application and then taken back to the director's office. The interview was pleasant. I was given a tour of the school and introduced other educators. I was given a technical interview. I was told to do any haircut I wanted on a mannequin while the Director and an Educator watched. I assume this was to see how I would teach.

Interview Questions

• Not everyone gets along with everyone for one reason or another. Name a time when you had to work with someone who you did not get along with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
  • How would you keep students interested in the class?   Answer Question
  • In the areas you rated yourself as weaker, how would you teach these areas and still give the passion you would to the areas you feel are your strengths. (this was after being asked to rate myself in categories/skills)   Answer Question
  • Explain a situation where you were placed in a difficult spot, and had to walk a thin line between being a friend, yet being a mentor/leader.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at Empire Education Group

Interview Details – Hiring process makes you feel very important. Met with two executives prior to receiving an offer. After the interview process, a thorough background check is done and processed, and a caliper test given to test that you are a proper fit for the position that you are applying. Human Resources does a great job through this process.

Interview Question – They give several "what if?" scenarios that must be answered: how you would handle a disciplinary issue, educator/staff issue, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a little bit more money than i was offered, and I still wasn't satisfied, but I was promised the potential for performance based annual bonuses, though these were also done away with- and as I knew I would... I performed and would have been elgible.

Employee Interview

Employee

Interviewed at Empire Education Group

Interview Details – Long and too many questions.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Career Specialist Interview

Career Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Empire Education Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview from Corporate; Second interview from Corporate; was scheduled for a 3rd at local campus but was offered another position in the interim.

Interview Question – Normal questions regarding the job duties: working with students and how skills align with that; handling difficult situations, etc.   Answer Question

Career Planning Specialist Interview

Career Planning Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Empire Education Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. The next step was a 1:1 interview at a campus location with a director. There was no followup in person via phone. Only an email and no returned calls when more details were requested.

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Empire Education Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – one on one intervew and phone screen.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Empire Education Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Empire Education Group interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Empire Education Group employees and interview candidates.