Empire Today

Updated Jun 21, 2014

1.7

Independent Sales Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Empire Today in June 2014.

What a joke! Why did I ask questions only to be lied to? Was told my daily preferred hours of 9-5 was completely acceptable,that I could set my own hours was fine. Furthest thing from the truth. Evening and Saturday hours are mandatory which I can not work.
    Then I had to take a ridiculous "personality" test that absolutely no one could fail to get the job. Was told to report to work on Monday, ultimately giving someone no time to get their life together. What if you were leaving another job, so therefore you could not give proper notice?

There wasn't a negotiation since this is strictly commission-based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islandia, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Empire Today in May 2014.

I responded to a job for sales with Empire Today and noticed a tel. no. so I called and spoke with a recruiter who was very detailed and very interested in speaking with me as I sold him on my qualifications for this sales position. It was like a phone interview and I was invited to come to the main office and meet with him the next day. The in-person interview was great and they were very professional and straight to the point about the business, opportunity and willingness to work with me due to my skills and their belief that I could perform and be successful with their training and lead generation platform. I am starting the training soon and looking forward to growing my business with Empire Today.

Interview Questions
    • As a seasoned sales professional I was prepared for the interview and there were no questions or concerns from the employer.   Answer Question
    I was offered leads, training and transportation assistance because the recruiters felt I was a very qualified prospect.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northlake, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northlake, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Empire Today.

Once you apply make sure you contact the hiring manager via email or LinkedIn as this will get you into the door faster.
    1 - Phone Screen from HR
    2 - Phone Interview from a manager in that department
    3 - In person interviews with 3 people
         a. Interview with the person you talked to on the phone in that department
         b. Interview with the manager you will be reporting too (seemed that this manager never looked at my
              resume prior to the interview "Very Unprofessional"
         c. Interview with the Director of that department

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions and will try to make you feel guilty about your own work (very odd)!   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Empire Today.

I was referred by a friend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Empire Today.

Application, online test in office, meeting with HR rep and then department leader

Interview Questions
    • The department leader asked me to sell a pen to her on the spot.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I was contacted after submitting a resume on line. After 1 interview with a sales manager I was offered the opportunity of participating in company provided training for 2 weeks. After the classes I would be paid whether I chose employment or not.

Interview Questions
    • Would it be difficult to get schedules twice daily which does preclude the ability for daily planning of outside work functions.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Empire Today in January 2014.

One phone interview about 10 minutes. Very polite gentleman. He set me up for the following week for a sit down interview with him and the President I do believe. He never really formally introduced himself. The initial recruiter was very pleasant and we had a lengthy interview. I mostly spoke with him and answered general recruiting questions. I was a little confused as the posting was for a temp position but they were really wanting someone permanent. I was shown around after the interview. After I left I felt I had a 50/50 chance. Never really good. I think had it been up to the recruiter I would have been hired. I felt a little cold in the room from the "higher up" It was a little uncomfortable. I did send off a thank you email and heard back from the recruiter with a nice phone call sending me a few leads. He was a very, very nice gentleman. I appreciated his follow up as that is hard to find anymore.

Interview Questions
    • How would you search for these types of employees since your background was recruiting in a different area.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Empire Today.

Three in person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Empire Today in October 2013.

They'll take just about anyone who's mature.

Straight commission, no negotiation.

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Empire Today.

apply online and received a call next day, 10 minus phone interview, easy!!!!

salary too low