Empirica

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Midland, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Empirica in June 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by an internal recruiter several days after posting a resume on rigzone.com Spoke with the recruiter briefly and was made an offer. Empirica does not appear to be very selective in their hiring process. Not unusual for the industry, but goes against the company's goal of being the number one service provider.

Interview Question – None really. Standard how much experience, with whom, what work was performed, etc. No surprise questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was desperate for work, so I did not try to negotiate very much. Was able to increase the initial offer slightly, but did not want to push things. My advice would be to push as hard as you can, you will not be given another raise for quite some time after hiring on, so negotiate while you have the opportunity and the ball is in your court. They need employees, so if you have some experience you are a valuable asset, don't forget that and get what you are worth.

Edmond, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Empirica in January 2009.

Interview Details – Just want to know when you can start. They hire anyone

Negotiation Details – easy

Experience Mud Logger Interview

Experience Mud Logger
Houston, TX

Interviewed at Empirica

Interview Details – Miss. Cindy was very personable and very professional

Interview Question – - why am I looking for that my present company does not offer   Answer Question

Unit Manager/Mudlogger Interview

Unit Manager/Mudlogger

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Empirica.

Interview Details – Send in your resume. If they like it they will call you for a phone interview, if things go well with that you will be requested to do a physical drug screen and be required to pass a background check. Then you start orientation after that you go to your first rig with a green hat.

Interview Question – Do you know what we do here at Empirica Surface Logging? Advice read up on what surface logging is before your interview.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Empirica in January 2012.

Interview Details – A phone call then an office visit. A short test and a few questions. They explain their requirements and expectations. Anyone that interviews will get hired as long as they pass a drug test. They hire anyone.

Interview Question – No tough questions at all. They want to know if you're experienced or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer you get is all inclusive, remember that. They will not give a raise, so negotiate firmly to begin.

Mudlogger

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Empirica in May 2011.

Interview Details – The whole interview process was smooth and precise.

Interview Question – Honestly can't say there was one.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Empirica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Empirica interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Empirica employees and interview candidates.