Employees Retirement System of Texas

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Employees Retirement System of Texas

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Employees Retirement System of Texas.

I submitted the generic application the the State of Texas, then the ERS job specific one; received a call to do a phone interview then was called in for a face-to-face interview. It took a few weeks to hear back, yet was offered the job. All-in-all it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Without any specific job related experience, I had to refer to college/class experience to answer a majority of the questions.   Answer Question

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Employees Retirement System of Texas in July 2012.

your weakness and strength
    computer skills
    working experiences
    expertise
    education
    How did you find out about this position
    transitions
    qualification
    programs
    What can you contribute to this agency?
    data analysis experience
    background
    insurance expertise
    written and oral presentation skills and experience

Retirement Benefits Specialist (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Employees Retirement System of Texas in May 2012.

The interview process was one of the best that I ever had. The manager of the call center asked some very appropriate and thought provoking questions that I had to really think about before answering. I could tell that she really tried to understand if I was going to be a good fit for the positon and forced me to think about my fit for the job as well. As it turned out, I realized this was not the right fit because I needed to be more mobile. Although I did not get called back, I really appreciated the experience.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very specific and targeted and focused more on how I handled past experiences, etc. It was the best interview I have ever had.   Answer Question