Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Employees Retirement System of TexasMore
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at Employees Retirement System of Texas (Austin, TX).
I submitted the generic application the the State of Texas, then the ERS job specific one; received a call to do a phone interview then was called in for a face-to-face interview. It took a few weeks to hear back, yet was offered the job. All-in-all it was a good experience.
- Without any specific job related experience, I had to refer to college/class experience to answer a majority of the questions. Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Employees Retirement System of Texas (Austin, TX) in July 2012.
your weakness and strength
How did you find out about this position
What can you contribute to this agency?
data analysis experience
written and oral presentation skills and experience
- Plan design experience 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Employees Retirement System of Texas (Austin, TX) in May 2012.
The interview process was one of the best that I ever had. The manager of the call center asked some very appropriate and thought provoking questions that I had to really think about before answering. I could tell that she really tried to understand if I was going to be a good fit for the positon and forced me to think about my fit for the job as well. As it turned out, I realized this was not the right fit because I needed to be more mobile. Although I did not get called back, I really appreciated the experience.
- The questions were very specific and targeted and focused more on how I handled past experiences, etc. It was the best interview I have ever had. Answer Question