Employment Plus

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Interview

Lead
Bloomington, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Employment Plus in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. The first was with my potential immediate manager and the second was with the VP of the company. The first interview, she explained the job functions thoroughly and honestly (and gave me a chance to back out). She asked me why I would be a good fit for the position. The second interview was more detailed, but very similar. She asked me what ideas I had that can increase the moral, productivity, and accuracy. She made it known that she liked my answer.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Warehouse Pack3r Interview

Warehouse Pack3r
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Employment Plus in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was given a drug test, background test. and application process that took over three hours.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here for us?   View Answer

Staffing Manager Interview

Staffing Manager
Greenfield, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Employment Plus in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very haphazard, done mostly over phone with regional manager, though outgoing on-site manager (who was quitting for a better job) also asked a few questions.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to accept less than [suggested salary] until we can "see how you do here"?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Temp Worker Interview

Temp Worker
Evansville, IN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Employment Plus in September 2012.

Interview Details – Called to take some simple tests as well as a drug screen. The staff was patient and friendly. A few basic questions, essentially the round peg goes in the round hole and a clean drug screen and you are good to go.

Manager Interview

Manager
Bloomington, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Employment Plus in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview then an in-person interview with the CEO. Did not meet staff until start date which was disappointing. According to references - they were very brief and limited - basically asked for dates only.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to make significantly less money to work for us?   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Operator
Terre Haute, IN

The process took a day - interviewed at Employment Plus in November 2011.

Interview Details – After filing an application in hard copy and entering it in the computer system (which can also be done online), you are given a personality test and a very basic skills test. As far as I can tell the personality test doesn't matter, at least not at the local branch. They say it is used to better match you with an assignment, but most likely you will get whatever assignment has the most demand. The skills test may vary according to what assignments are available, but mine was very easy. I took additional tests, supposedly much more difficult ones, for another assignment, but they were high-school level math at best, and one was only reading rulers. Depending on your performance on these tests, and on availability of positions, you may have to wait a day or two, or you may be taken back for your personal interview. You won't need formal dress. The office is laid-back, and I was actually insulted by another applicant for bothering to dress up because I wore a shirt with buttons. The interview itself is mostly some basic questions about your application to verify the information you gave and give you an assignment. Your drug test will be administered at the same office, and may be the same day if time allows, whether after your interview or while you wait your turn for one. It is a basic urine test, and it shouldn't pose a problem, especially since you should know to expect it.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no opportunity to negotiate wages. Scheduling is usually fixed too, but you can request a shift, and you may be able to get a special schedule if you are a student or have another good reason you can't work a regular schedule.

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Employment Plus in August 2012.

Interview Details – I walked into the location and was handed an application to fill out. After doing so the rep on sight at the time personally intereviewed me immediately. They went over the details and asked follow up questions like you would expect from most entry level interviews. After that was over I was given a choice between 4 areas of work to test on. This I assume is their basis for deciding if you are acceptable for the field you chose. When I finished they reviewed my scores and told me how they felt I had done and was told I would recieve a call if they would be able to place me. About a week later I recieved a call for a class to start working at Ryder Logistics. Before hand I was required to submit to a drug test and background check. Following those results I went on a tour of the workplace and was then handed over to the company's personal trainers. From here on I reported to Ryder and was trained at Ryder until being sent to my designated shift where I've been working since. The only time I've been required to contact Employment Plus is if I was missing a day for illness or was going to be late or wished to have a day off requested.

Staffing Manager Interview

Staffing Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Employment Plus in December 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interviews.
1 phone
1 in person

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room to wiggle. The company pays very litte but promises bonuses and corperate support.

Worked for Employment Plus? Contribute to the Community!