Emptoris Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Emptoris

Marketing/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Emptoris in June 2010.

Initial phone screen with HR and the hiring manager followed by onsite interviews. I put a lot of preparation into understanding the company, its industry, and competitition - and was pretty well informed by the time I arrived there. Onsite interviews were conducted as two rounds of 1:1 interviews on two different dates several weeks apart (over eight 1:1 interviews in total). A lot of the questions were repetitive between interviewers - they could have better coordinated on who asks what, and all could benefit from some interviewer training.

The people who interviewed me all seemed like intelligent people who might make enjoyable coworkers. However, I got the impression that the most senior executive running the department may be a rigid micro-manager stifling the team's ability to work independently as competent adults. It seemed like no decisions could be made without this person's participation and approval.

I followed up by sending email thank-you notes to each interviewer and made multiple attempts to contact HR to find out next steps after all these interviews. Not a peep, nada, nothing - no response or follow up whatsoever from anyone at Emptoris. To me, this indicates a severe lack of common courtesy and reflects extremely poorly on Emptoris given all the time and effort I had invested in this opportunity. I will never pursue another opportunity at Emptoris and cannot recommend the company to anyone if this is how they treat prospective employees. I can only imagine how they treat current employees.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions on describe a situation when you showed...   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Emptoris in May 2007.

A case study format allows the team to screen prospective employees in the context of the work they will need to do if hired. At the same time, prospects are able to "test drive" the job to decide if the work is something they are interested in. The best presentations are creative and display proficiency in public speaking, data manipulation through use of MS Excel/Access, strategy development and articulation. A natural curiosity and interest in problem problem solving are a must.

Interview Questions
    • Highly data intensive logistics based interview case study   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Emptoris in August 2010.

Interview process is little complicated but to ensure that the fitment of the candidate and matching expectation . Technical round is is also with multiple directors and surprised to know that even directors are also equipped with fair amount of technical knowledge .

Overall interview process is like 2/3 technical round two hr round and discussion with manager to ensure that the candidate is talking to all the stake holders.

Interview Questions
    • Understanding about the current work   View Answer
    • Question related to the problem solving ability and ability to come up with answer and ability to go in to depth of the issues .   View Answer
    Negation is very tough but i think this must be based on the candidate

Worked for Emptoris? Contribute to the Community!