Empyrean Benefit Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.6

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy all behavioral questions. Although the interview didn't focus on my skills nor my abilities. The interview was very informal the people was nice expect for one interviewer. The questions asked was not related to the position the we were applying for.

Interview Questions

• If you don't get this job what will you do?   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The HR professional who helped me was wonderful. She was always available to answer questions. I met with multiple people, so I found myself saying many things over and over, but that's obviously to be expected in those types of interviews. They were very clear on the expectations of the position, so there was definitely no ambiguity or lingering questions.

Interview Questions

• I had to breakdown the structure of a contract. It wasn't a difficult question, but it caught me off guard. I went blank for a few seconds, but recovered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was mostly behavior questions. You may be interviewed by between 2 to 4 individuals with the same day. The interviewer will mostly go over you resume and prior experience.

Systems Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions.

Interview

Recruiter called me on phone and arranged for a face-to-face. While most recruiters are clueless about the technologies the position is looking for, she was very good at it. My experience with the recruiter and the interviewers were very positive. I had 5 rounds of interview each with different levels of developers / teams. They all were enthusiastic about the job they are doing. To me that matters the most. Most of them hinted that the job would be challenging. Well that says a lot too. Got the offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are behavioral. Some ask you questions like 'what do you like and hate about the language you worked on'. To me thats a great question for them to gauge how much exposure you have to the language. Since I mentioned about webservices, I had questions on that. Again its not syntax based question, more like 'what you don't like about WCF services'   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate when they provided the offer. They had already fixed the salary based on what I told the recruiter when she first spoke to me on phone and that I filled in the application form that I was asked to bring to the interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

For me it was quick and easy cause I interviewed and got hired on a Wednesday and training started on Monday. Anyways, I applied Friday got a call for an interview on Monday that was scheduled for that Wednesday. First you take a grammar (61% min to pass) and typing test (3 mins to type a min of 30 WPM to pass). Had a group interview with 2 others along with an HR manager and one of the supervisors. It was the usual interview questions along with behavioral questions. **You must describe a specific time for each behavioral question that they ask and always make the outcome positive, DO NOT respond with that has never happened to me or in general I would do such and such!** Our interview was cut a lil short but it was obvious who was moving forward and who was being cut. Next, the Director came in and introduced herself and asked myself and the other candidate about 2 questions each, very easy! They are looking for people who can work ANYTIME between the hours of 7-8 Mon-Fri. You don't get to pick your schedule. Next we took a mock call which was very easy, 4 hours later I was offered the job and submitted the document needed for the background check. They did not make me take a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation they tell you when scheduling the interview how much the position pays.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I first got a call from a recruiter, who then set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then invited for an interview onsite, this took a whole afternoon during which i met with about 5 managers. After the interview they never called when they had said they would so it took me a while to get a response which i thought was very unprofessional. I eventually called the HR contact left 2 messages and an email and still didn't hear back until about two weeks after they were supposed to call me. Suffice to say i did not get an offer and the job stayed posted online for about months after that.

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral questions, some technical questions   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was in a group setting. It was myself and 2 other candidates as well as 3 interviewers. Once they were done with the interview either you were sent home or they sent you to do a test call. Once you completed the test call then you were sent home and had to wait about 2 weeks to get a call back to know if you were offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer and explain how you dealt with that customer.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was process was one I had never gone through before. It was a group interview. It was myself and 2 other applicants that were in the interview as well as 3 interviewers. It was slightly uncomfortable, mainly because it was unexpected. Once that part was over they moved you to a mock desk and gave a test call with information about a certain benefit to see how you work with the information provided and relaying that information to the client.

Interview Questions

• They asked to give a situation about a time in which we (group) had to deal with an upset/unsatisfied customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The starting hourly rate is great so I didn't need to negotiate.

Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview process can be a bit lengthy. You will interview with several managers, so expect the actual face to face interview to last a couple of hours. However, they are very punctual.

Interview Questions

• For me, I did not find any difficult or unexpected questions. The interview questions were quite the norm in my opinion   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no opportunity to negotiate the salary. The offer was acceptable along with the company bonus incentives

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions in January 2014.

Interview

Referred by an employee. Received a call for an in person interview which lasted for 2-1/2 hours interview, interviewed with different people at different levels including HR, Analyst and current CSMs. They all went over their job duties and asnwered questions i had for them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing techinical, all questions were based on my previous experience as i was coming from competitaror.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got what i put in expected salary