Empyrean Benefit Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.4

Systems Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions.

Recruiter called me on phone and arranged for a face-to-face. While most recruiters are clueless about the technologies the position is looking for, she was very good at it. My experience with the recruiter and the interviewers were very positive. I had 5 rounds of interview each with different levels of developers / teams. They all were enthusiastic about the job they are doing. To me that matters the most. Most of them hinted that the job would be challenging. Well that says a lot too. Got the offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are behavioral. Some ask you questions like 'what do you like and hate about the language you worked on'. To me thats a great question for them to gauge how much exposure you have to the language. Since I mentioned about webservices, I had questions on that. Again its not syntax based question, more like 'what you don't like about WCF services'   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate when they provided the offer. They had already fixed the salary based on what I told the recruiter when she first spoke to me on phone and that I filled in the application form that I was asked to bring to the interview

Client Service Representative- Annual Enrollment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions in September 2014.

For me it was quick and easy cause I interviewed and got hired on a Wednesday and training started on Monday. Anyways, I applied Friday got a call for an interview on Monday that was scheduled for that Wednesday. First you take a grammar (61% min to pass) and typing test (3 mins to type a min of 30 WPM to pass). Had a group interview with 2 others along with an HR manager and one of the supervisors. It was the usual interview questions along with behavioral questions. **You must describe a specific time for each behavioral question that they ask and always make the outcome positive, DO NOT respond with that has never happened to me or in general I would do such and such!** Our interview was cut a lil short but it was obvious who was moving forward and who was being cut. Next, the Director came in and introduced herself and asked myself and the other candidate about 2 questions each, very easy! They are looking for people who can work ANYTIME between the hours of 7-8 Mon-Fri. You don't get to pick your schedule. Next we took a mock call which was very easy, 4 hours later I was offered the job and submitted the document needed for the background check. They did not make me take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation they tell you when scheduling the interview how much the position pays.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions in August 2014.

Go to Job Fair and wait in long line, maybe get chosen or not depending on the persons line you go to and how they feel about you. I was luckily enough to get chosen but my boyfriend that had more experience then me was not so lucky. Went back and took a test on my grammar and typing (again my boyfriend would have done much better then me but i past and was scheduled to come back. In my interview i never had a problem with a coworker and get along with most people or keep to myself so i guess i was not a good enough candidate since i dont have altercations.

Interview Questions
    • about time you have difficult coworker. I truly havent had one so i guess that made me not a good candidate   Answer Question

Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions.

Interview process can be a bit lengthy. You will interview with several managers, so expect the actual face to face interview to last a couple of hours. However, they are very punctual.

Interview Questions
    • For me, I did not find any difficult or unexpected questions. The interview questions were quite the norm in my opinion   Answer Question
    There was no opportunity to negotiate the salary. The offer was acceptable along with the company bonus incentives

Client Services Manager (CSM) Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions in January 2014.

Referred by an employee. Received a call for an in person interview which lasted for 2-1/2 hours interview, interviewed with different people at different levels including HR, Analyst and current CSMs. They all went over their job duties and asnwered questions i had for them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing techinical, all questions were based on my previous experience as i was coming from competitaror.   Answer Question
    I got what i put in expected salary

Entry Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions.

you will go through 4 interviews, 30mins each. Mostly they are very friendly and ask behavioral questions. There are one technical segment, but you don't have to know anything since they expect to teach everything from the basic level.

Interview Questions
    • if you have a pencil and a paper clip in an isolated island, which one would you pick and why?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meyerland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meyerland, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions in August 2013.

Applied online and approximately 1 week later I was in the office interviewing. I interviewed with 9 people the first round and 3 on the second round. Really gave a good picture of the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly asked about previous experiences typical behavioral interviews.   View Answer
    I didnt have to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions.

It took a while to hear back from their HR department, but when I did they wanted to schedule an interview. Initial interview was with the HR Manger. Due to the entire party being unavailable, we had to schedule a follow up interview.

The follow up then included HR managers again. Then Team Leaders. Then the Call Center Manger. Then a mock call.

HR managers asked general questions as in what qualifies you for this position, best moments, etc.

Team leaders ask more questions regarding your problem solving techniques and experience.

Call Center Manager was simply an introduction and general job history questions.

Mock call is a test call done to confirm your ability to handle a call and questions. They give you some documents to review and confirm data as the person on the other line asks questions. They test to see your professionalism and ability to handle calls.

Afterwords, you will hear back on their decision within about 1-2 weeks.

To keep it simple, they looks for:

Professionalism and courtesy on calls
    Ability to solve problems with little or no resources (which is a lot of what you'll do believe me)
    Ability to work well with others, especially managers
    An applicant pursuing growth within the company
    An applicant that likes to solve problems
    An applicant that can work with the schedules given which can vary within the hours of 7AM to 7PM.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Answer all question in a pleasant voice as possible and drive the fact that you are there to work hard and want to be given the most responsibility and work possible.   Answer Question
    A simple meeting explaining salary, benefits, etc. No negotiating rates.

Anonymous Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions.

Extremely slow and ad hoc that shows immaturity at a number of levels specially if they would like to hire key talent and experienced professionals.

Interview Questions
    They will not give you time to negotiate and please read my full comments above.

Business Analyst Interview

Be yourself!

Interview Questions
    • What are your long term goals and your short term goals?   Answer Question