Empyrean Benefit Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Analyst Interview

Client Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions.

Interview Details – Interview process can be a bit lengthy. You will interview with several managers, so expect the actual face to face interview to last a couple of hours. However, they are very punctual.

Interview Question – For me, I did not find any difficult or unexpected questions. The interview questions were quite the norm in my opinion   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no opportunity to negotiate the salary. The offer was acceptable along with the company bonus incentives

Product Development Interview

Product Development
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions in November 2012.

Interview Details – Half-day filled with 30 minute sessions with a broad cross section of associates who interact with the position. Focus on understanding my interests, strengths, and thought process--and how I would interact in the Empyrean culture.

Interview Question – What is your management style?   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was called about an interview and had it in Houston at the office. The interview was with 5 separate people, each taking about 30 minutes each. All of the questions were typical behavioral questions. I was asked most of the same questions by everyone. All of the employees seemed nice and were pleasant. After the interview, I was told I would get a call within the next 2 weeks, but ended up getting a call 2 hours later offering the job. Overall, it was a good interview experience.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't attempt any negotiations.

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions in December 2011.

Interview Details – Group interview and then a series of interviews with other managers throughout the company. An analyst is usually picked to act as a kind of mentor during this time.

Interview Question – A question involving scales.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions in December 2011.

Interview Details – A long round of interviews with various managers through the company

Interview Question – Knowing SQL statements and a logic question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate

Entry Business Analyst Interview

Entry Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions.

Interview Details – you will go through 4 interviews, 30mins each. Mostly they are very friendly and ask behavioral questions. There are one technical segment, but you don't have to know anything since they expect to teach everything from the basic level.

Interview Question – if you have a pencil and a paper clip in an isolated island, which one would you pick and why?   Answer Question

Meyerland, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and approximately 1 week later I was in the office interviewing. I interviewed with 9 people the first round and 3 on the second round. Really gave a good picture of the company culture.

Interview Question – Mostly asked about previous experiences typical behavioral interviews.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didnt have to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process straightforward - I have experience so it was easy

Interview Question – Can you stick to a script even if the customer is unhappy and you agree with their concerns?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – accepted first offer

Very Easy Interview

Tier II Customer Service Representative Interview

Tier II Customer Service Representative
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was recruited by a temporary agency and interviewed once with Empyrean. I arrived 20 mins early but had to wait an ADDITIONAL 30 mins after my interview was to start to speak with anyone. I was then interviewed by the call center supervisor and a trainer, I never spoke with anyone in HR. BOTH employees explained that many people quit in frustration on the first day. I was speechless.

Interview Question – "Explain how you were previously unable to do your job without the tools you needed."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was necessary, they offerred more than I asked during the initial interview and pleaded with me to stick it out for at least a week. The mismanagement of that company and it's employees is no secret.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Empyrean Benefit Solutions.

Interview Details – It took a while to hear back from their HR department, but when I did they wanted to schedule an interview. Initial interview was with the HR Manger. Due to the entire party being unavailable, we had to schedule a follow up interview.

The follow up then included HR managers again. Then Team Leaders. Then the Call Center Manger. Then a mock call.

HR managers asked general questions as in what qualifies you for this position, best moments, etc.

Team leaders ask more questions regarding your problem solving techniques and experience.

Call Center Manager was simply an introduction and general job history questions.

Mock call is a test call done to confirm your ability to handle a call and questions. They give you some documents to review and confirm data as the person on the other line asks questions. They test to see your professionalism and ability to handle calls.

Afterwords, you will hear back on their decision within about 1-2 weeks.

To keep it simple, they looks for:

Professionalism and courtesy on calls
Ability to solve problems with little or no resources (which is a lot of what you'll do believe me)
Ability to work well with others, especially managers
An applicant pursuing growth within the company
An applicant that likes to solve problems
An applicant that can work with the schedules given which can vary within the hours of 7AM to 7PM.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. Answer all question in a pleasant voice as possible and drive the fact that you are there to work hard and want to be given the most responsibility and work possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A simple meeting explaining salary, benefits, etc. No negotiating rates.

Worked for Empyrean Benefit Solutions? Contribute to the Community!