Emulex

Emulex Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2014
Updated Oct 3, 2014

Firmware Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Emulex.

The company came to the job fair. Got a mail for a after a 3 weeks for availability. Then got a mail for internship position after 3 weeks. The interview covered topics from computer architecture, CAN bus, static and volatile variables, and then he dived into pointers.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about computer architecture and types of hazards and how to resolve hazards.. Wasn't difficult, but was unexpected.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emulex.

I was interviewed at the College fest where I was asked basic questions on the resume and then I was given an online test to complete in next 4 days. The online test consisted pretty much basic C level questions which were difficult to complete in the given amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part is to finish the test in the given amount of time.   Answer Question

Senior Firmware Engineer Interview

Phone first and On-site second

Interview Questions
    • Very specific with your previous experience. Have to remember everything correctly and in detail.   Answer Question

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emulex in October 2013.

had phone interview with sr. testing engineer asking various linux kernel questions.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Emulex.

C- structs, pointers, programming skills, script-perl

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emulex in May 2013.

Process was fast paced and questions weren't too technical. All were geared toward experience and projects listed on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Design a memory buffer for incoming packets of varying size so that you don't waste any memory locations.   View Answer
    Salary is negotiable but they came with a fair rate so I didn't counter offer.

Engineering Intern Interview

ASIC Pre-silicon Validation engineering Internship

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Emulex in June 2012.

First round is the telephonic interview round
    - Basic networking related question, mostly on Layer 2 of OSI model.
    Second round is the On-site interview round with the hiring manager and few expertise.
    - Question about details working of protocols and in-depth knowledge about the hand-on experience with networking devices such as switches and servers.
    Third round is another on-site round with the team members.
    - Questions to understand what kind of team player you are and your attitude towards the team members in terms of sharing knowledge and past experience. The more friendly you are with the team mates, more comfortable your third round of interview will be.

Interview Questions
    • In-depth knowledge about protocols mentioned on your resume. Be very well prepared for those.   Answer Question
    Negotiation upto the interviewee skills set.

Channel Area Sacles Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Emulex in April 2012.

I got sought out by a recruiter on a career website. There was an initial phone interview, then meeting with my "would be" regional boss in person. After that, you work your way up the ladder before meeting the VP. Lots of introductions, and the interview is more focused on your experience than what the role is. They know what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • I got to the final round of interviews--no difficult questions, but they do emphasize the current relatinships that you may have in the channel (for sales) and value that over almost everything.   Answer Question

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emulex in January 2012.

After submitting my resume, HR called me. The initial call from HR was 20 minutes. The HR person asked me about my work history, salary, and expectations for a new job.

After the initial HR call, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. That call lasted about 1 hour. He stuck to mostly non-technical questions focused on my work history, experience, and how I would fit in.

After the phone interview with the hiring manager, HR called me back about a day later and scheduled an on site interview for a week later. The on site interview consisted of me interviewing with other departmental managers (that I would not report directly to) as well as the hiring manager. There was also one technical interview and an interview with the CIO. I was on site for about 3 or 4 hours.

After the interview concluded, I heard back from HR within 2 days. Within a week, I had a verbal offer and a few days after that, a written offer.

Interview Questions
    All of the discussions about salary took place with HR. I was interviewing at a couple of different companies and told them that I was expecting another offer. The HR team offered me a good salary.

I have heard that signing bonuses are regularly used too.