Emulex Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.9

ASIC Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emulex.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview to go over my resume I submitted. A hour after the phone interview, I got an on-site interview. On the on-site interview I had multiple engineers talk to me about all the projects I did. There were some technical questions asking about digital design and Verilog.

Interview Questions

• Whats the difference between blocking and non-blocking statements.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Emulex.

Interview

Applied at Career Fair on campus, then HR called for phone-screening-interview. There was the second phone interview with a manager of engineering. Last was on-site-interview. It was a group and 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone first and On-site second

Interview Questions

• Very specific with your previous experience. Have to remember everything correctly and in detail.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emulex.

Interview

C- structs, pointers, programming skills, script-perl

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emulex (Costa Mesa, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Process was fast paced and questions weren't too technical. All were geared toward experience and projects listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Design a memory buffer for incoming packets of varying size so that you don't waste any memory locations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is negotiable but they came with a fair rate so I didn't counter offer.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emulex (Austin, TX).

Interview

ASIC Pre-silicon Validation engineering Internship

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Emulex (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

First round is the telephonic interview round - Basic networking related question, mostly on Layer 2 of OSI model. Second round is the On-site interview round with the hiring manager and few expertise. - Question about details working of protocols and in-depth knowledge about the hand-on experience with networking devices such as switches and servers. Third round is another on-site round with the team members. - Questions to understand what kind of team player you are and your attitude towards the team members in terms of sharing knowledge and past experience. The more friendly you are with the team mates, more comfortable your third round of interview will be.

Interview Questions

• In-depth knowledge about protocols mentioned on your resume. Be very well prepared for those.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation upto the interviewee skills set.

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emulex (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

After submitting my resume, HR called me. The initial call from HR was 20 minutes. The HR person asked me about my work history, salary, and expectations for a new job. After the initial HR call, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. That call lasted about 1 hour. He stuck to mostly non-technical questions focused on my work history, experience, and how I would fit in. After the phone interview with the hiring manager, HR called me back about a day later and scheduled an on site interview for a week later. The on site interview consisted of me interviewing with other departmental managers (that I would not report directly to) as well as the hiring manager. There was also one technical interview and an interview with the CIO. I was on site for about 3 or 4 hours. After the interview concluded, I heard back from HR within 2 days. Within a week, I had a verbal offer and a few days after that, a written offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All of the discussions about salary took place with HR. I was interviewing at a couple of different companies and told them that I was expecting another offer. The HR team offered me a good salary. I have heard that signing bonuses are regularly used too.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Emulex in April 2011.

Interview

Met with Hiring Manger twice once on the phone and second time in person. Also met with a couple of others during my second interview. Received an offer and started a week later.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your previous experience accomplishments?   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emulex (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by a mix of peers, hiring manager, and development managers. The Hiring Manager did all the talking and didn't ask too many questions. The peer interviews seemed to have been scripted. Interviews by development managers were the most interactive and beneficial. It is through these interviews that i was able to make a positive impression and get the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What was my role and responsibility at previous employer?   1 Answer