Emulex

Updated Oct 3, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Emulex in May 2013.

Process was fast paced and questions weren't too technical. All were geared toward experience and projects listed on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Design a memory buffer for incoming packets of varying size so that you don't waste any memory locations.   View Answer
    Salary is negotiable but they came with a fair rate so I didn't counter offer.

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Emulex in January 2012.

After submitting my resume, HR called me. The initial call from HR was 20 minutes. The HR person asked me about my work history, salary, and expectations for a new job.

After the initial HR call, I was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. That call lasted about 1 hour. He stuck to mostly non-technical questions focused on my work history, experience, and how I would fit in.

After the phone interview with the hiring manager, HR called me back about a day later and scheduled an on site interview for a week later. The on site interview consisted of me interviewing with other departmental managers (that I would not report directly to) as well as the hiring manager. There was also one technical interview and an interview with the CIO. I was on site for about 3 or 4 hours.

After the interview concluded, I heard back from HR within 2 days. Within a week, I had a verbal offer and a few days after that, a written offer.

Interview Questions
    All of the discussions about salary took place with HR. I was interviewing at a couple of different companies and told them that I was expecting another offer. The HR team offered me a good salary.

I have heard that signing bonuses are regularly used too.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Emulex in April 2011.

Asked several technical questions on Software Engineering Development such as CVS Repository, JavaLanguage, C Language, and things that a typical CS Major will learn. The interview lasts an hour long.

Senior Client Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Emulex in April 2010.

Phone interviews with two leads and the manager herself. Emulex was negotiable on the hourly rate as a contractor. The Linux lead gave me a very technical interview, while the windows lead was more of the type to tell me about the company and position and team I was applying for.