Enaxis Consulting

www.enaxisconsulting.com

Enaxis Consulting Interview Questions

3.2

Change Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enaxis Consulting in December 2012.

I had a phone and in person interview with this company. My phone interview went great and I was very excited to have an in person interview with the company. My first interview was set up on a Friday at 3, I got a call at 2:30 from the office saying they had to reschedule my interview because the person interviewing me was in a meeting. Ok, first red flag but I let it go and went ahead and rescheduled the interview and drove the 40 minute commute home. My second interview I arrived at the office and waited while the rest of the office was goofing off. Not a negative for me, but an observation. When I was showed into my room, the two men interviewing me did not have my resume or file on them. So I provided my updated resumes to them and we started the interview. Throughout the interview I felt like I was being attacked about my answers and personal life! I have interviewed with many companies but never have I ever been interrogated in this manner. One man (who I will not name) kept telling me he was not buying my HONEST answers and I had to sell them to him. Now don’t get me wrong, I was being honest and truthful but yet he wanted me to come up with a lie in order to meet his expectations. They flat out asked me if I was married and had children, which is ILLEGAL. I answered honestly and then they came back at me how I was going to handle the LONG HOUR demands of their clients being a single mother. Also, I got interrogated as to why I am in graduate school!? IU got asked questions such as "Well are you going to leave the company when you get your degree?", "Are you willing to drop your program to meet the needs of our company?", then the icing on the cake, "If you do not get a promotion or a raise in 5 years, are you going to leave the company?"!!!

Now it may just be me, but these questions are not something you want to be asking a candidate on an interview. If I want to get a master’s it is my personal business and a goal of mine. I understand they might have been worried about the retention rate of their employees but this is not the way to go about it.

There is so much more I could say about the interview but I feel I have already written too much for a simple review. Overall, I was invited back for the second round and quickly declined. I do not want to work for a company who had indicated to me that there are long hours, no raises or promotions for 5 year periods and does not value my education as an asset for my position (which my degree is directly related to) AND most importantly who sees me being a single mother as a hindrance on completing a job.

May work for some people, but for me I am more than happy working for a different company.

Interview Questions
    • They were skeptical of my ability to do my job while being a single mother. Not only was this illegal to even ask but is a huge form of discrimination. Too many red flags for me and not a company I want to be associated with.

Just my .02 cents
        Answer Question

Enaxis Consulting Response

Oct 31, 2013Talent Director

I just came across this and would like to reply even though it has been a while since it occurred. I understand your frustration at not being hired, but I was very surprised to read this, as every ... More

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enaxis Consulting in April 2012.

Multiple steps involved, very thorough process. 1) Phone Screen, 2) Face to face interview in office or via skype, 3) Case Study, 4) Partner interview

Interview Questions
    Non-negotiable...but did get sign on bonus

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enaxis Consulting in October 2013.

Met with Partner, a few Senior Managers, and then did a case study interview. The meetings with management were very conservative and not overwhelming or intense. There was a clear focus on understanding match for both parties to ensure this was a right fit in terms of goals, skills, experience, and commitment.

Interview Questions
    • Case study interview tests not only your ability to analyze a business problem, but also your ability to perform some excel analysis of raw data, and present your findings to an audience. Ensure you skills are up-to-date and you are not intimated speaking to a panel, and answering questions that test your logic.   Answer Question

Manager In the Change Management Practice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Enaxis Consulting in April 2013.

1 HR phone screening, 1 in-person behavioral interview, 1 case study on Change Management, 1 partner interview

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised to have a case study (since I was already post-MBA) but now that I am a part of the firm I understand why they do it and I think it is a valuable process.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enaxis Consulting in September 2010.

Recruiter called and provided high-level info on the firm and scheduled my first interview with a partner. Interview was pleasant asked many questions. Next interview consisted of back-to-back interviews with 3 consultants largely focused on experience. All three interviewers were senior managers and wanted to ensure I had the experience to handle difficult work situations.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer gave me multiple challenging situations and asked me to pretend I was presenting to the client. Quick thinking and pulling from experience helped with this interview task.   Answer Question
    Offer made, negotiated got more vacation time in negotiation.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Enaxis Consulting.

Recruiter trolls LinkedIn, etc. and reviews resumes submitted and then contacts possible candidates; phone interviews with recruiter, in-person interviews with founders and employees at various levels including a case interview designed to test reasoning, I.T. knowledge, PowerPoint, and Excel skills; after input from all interviewers, founders decide on whether to make offer or not

Interview Questions
    They reject many candidates as making too much and will also agree that they can make a given compensation range, but may put a much lower number in the offer with limited ability to negotiate it upwards

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enaxis Consulting in December 2013.

Initial communication came from the recruiter at Enaxis, then there was an interview with a partner. The partner interview was offsite from where the client was, at a loud cafe but I felt it went well.
    I was then flown to Houston so I could interview with the rest of the team.

Prior to the interview I was sent a case study that all must complete. If you are in the office you have 1.5 hours to do it. It consist of about 9 Excel steps, creating a PPT deck of your recommendation/findings and then a communication plan. I had gotten this and then went away during Thanksgiving so I had more than 1.5 hours to complete but it was very time consuming.
    They want to see how you think on your feet-

I arrived at Enaxis and was put into a conference room and I presented my PPT, Excel tabs and Communication Plan to two consultants. I believe it was for 30 some minutes.
    After that ended 2 different consultants came in and interviewed me.

After that was lunch and then I came back to interview with Dhiren. I think that is where it went downhill. I never said I was a consultant, I never have been, and I have dealt with internal clients at my previous positions and I never have lied to say I have been a consultant or I have dealt with external clients. This is something I want to do and know I could do very well. However they thought differently.

I was not extended an offer and in the end I believe it was for the best.

Interview Questions
    • I would say the case study. It depends on what level/position you are interviewing for but be prepared to know pivot tables, SUMIF's, VLOOKUP and if you get to one of the questions stuff you may have learned in accounting while in college.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enaxis Consulting in July 2012.

Pretty straight forward. First round was over the phone and then I was asked to come meet with 2 people. A senior consultant and a manager. After that another round which consisted of a case study analysis. The entire process took a week. I was very satisfied with the way things progressed.

Interview Questions
    It went smoothly. They are very accomodating.

Consultant Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Enaxis Consulting in September 2009.

Standard interview. Read up on the company website and learn the lingo before the interview and will easily pass it. Pretend to agree with everything they say/ask.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer presented a problem he encountered at work that stumped him and wanted interviewee to solve it on the spot   Answer Question