Enbridge Energy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Contracts Coordinator Interview

Contracts Coordinator
Duluth, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Enbridge Energy in April 2014.

Interview Details – After a lengthy interview regarding qualifications, Enbridge was not interested due to secondary responsibilities and too much public sector experience. Questions were standard, yet in-depth regarding skills with examples required. A team of 3 interviewers traded questions, asking for an entire employment history walk-though. I recommend not letting them know about any other jobs you have and emphasizing that you have experience in the areas that they want if you expect to be hired.

Interview Question – How other experience will translate into being a useful employee for Enbridge.   View Answer

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

Interviewed at Enbridge Energy

Interview Details – Interview was fairly easy. I got a phone call from them after 3 weeks of applying. Set up a phone interview and after that was offered the position. I was interviewed by the senior manager of IT and one of his senior business consultants.

Interview Question – Can you explain the differences between a manager and a leader? Give a situation where you had to do both.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Communications

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Enbridge Energy in April 2012.

Interview Details – Ridiculous phone interview. I was given no warning the interview was to take place - HR/recruiter person called me up out of the blue several weeks after submitting an application. By that time I had applied for around 100 other jobs at various companies and had already crossed Enbridge off my list because I had not heard back from them, so I did not remember clearly what the position was. (Also, at the time I applied I had applied for another position at Enbridge, which resulted in me getting the two mixed up. When I asked the recruiter to clarify which position the "interview" was for, she became very cagey and did not answer me.)
The recruiter immediately launched into hardcore interview questions - questions which would have required some serious prepping time prior to interview. I should have declined the interview for another time, but I figured it was a very general "pre-screening" process, not a REAL interview like you'd have in person at the company's offices. The recruiter also attacked me over my CV and declared she didn't understand the title of a particular job I have had, a title which anyone with common sense - and in particular someone who's a recruiter - should have understood. Of course I did not hear back from the company after my joke "interview." Nevertheless, I wouldn't want to work for these people anyway - not with the behavior the recruiter demonstrated on the phone! EXTREMELY unprofessional. A joke.

Interview Question – What makes you want to work in this position for our company?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New Grad Rotation (Engineering) Interview

New Grad Rotation (Engineering)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at Enbridge Energy in January 2012.

Interview Details – The first round of interviews were at my university's career centre. I was interviewed by 2 people. Neither of them were from Human Resources, but those currently working as project engineers/managers. They were very friendly and asked the usual behavioural questions. They did ask some "technical" questions at the end such as how would you check for a leak in a pipeline or as a project engineer, what would you look for if you were to go on-site. I didn't get to the second round, but those were at their head office in North York.

Interview Question – How would you check for a leak in a pipeline?   Answer Question

Worked for Enbridge Energy? Contribute to the Community!