Enbridge Energy Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.4

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enbridge Energy (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an IT Recruiter from the Willis Group/Genuent about an App Support role. The same day the recruiter sent my resume over to Enbridge, they were interested in meeting me in person. The recruiter booked the appointment for the next day and I showed up. The interview consisted of two managers asking different questions. Very little technical process.

"How would you log into my pc remotely if I was not tech savvy step by step?"

Interview went very well for about 30 minutes, some joking involved. They wanted someone to start immediately. About ten minutes after the interview, the recruiter calls me to congratulate me on the new job offer and the interviewers saying yes, bring them on board!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Contracts Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enbridge Energy (Duluth, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

After a lengthy interview regarding qualifications, Enbridge was not interested due to secondary responsibilities and too much public sector experience. Questions were standard, yet in-depth regarding skills with examples required. A team of 3 interviewers traded questions, asking for an entire employment history walk-though. I recommend not letting them know about any other jobs you have and emphasizing that you have experience in the areas that they want if you expect to be hired.

Interview Questions

• How other experience will translate into being a useful employee for Enbridge.   1 Answer

IT Intern Interview

Interview

Interview was fairly easy. I got a phone call from them after 3 weeks of applying. Set up a phone interview and after that was offered the position. I was interviewed by the senior manager of IT and one of his senior business consultants.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the differences between a manager and a leader? Give a situation where you had to do both.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enbridge Energy in September 2013.

Interview

The process was very relaxed from my view. They were open for what exactly they were looking for and they were not aggressive in their questions. It did not feel like I was being cross-examined, but they did want to know my previous experiences and how they could potentially fit into the position.

Interview Questions

• There were some difficult questions as to what kind of value I had hoped to bring into the company. Given my heritage background, they were impressed that I had knowledge about certain indigenous groups that could prove useful.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enbridge Energy in April 2012.

Interview

Ridiculous phone interview. I was given no warning the interview was to take place - HR/recruiter person called me up out of the blue several weeks after submitting an application. By that time I had applied for around 100 other jobs at various companies and had already crossed Enbridge off my list because I had not heard back from them, so I did not remember clearly what the position was. (Also, at the time I applied I had applied for another position at Enbridge, which resulted in me getting the two mixed up. When I asked the recruiter to clarify which position the "interview" was for, she became very cagey and did not answer me.)
    The recruiter immediately launched into hardcore interview questions - questions which would have required some serious prepping time prior to interview. I should have declined the interview for another time, but I figured it was a very general "pre-screening" process, not a REAL interview like you'd have in person at the company's offices. The recruiter also attacked me over my CV and declared she didn't understand the title of a particular job I have had, a title which anyone with common sense - and in particular someone who's a recruiter - should have understood. Of course I did not hear back from the company after my joke "interview." Nevertheless, I wouldn't want to work for these people anyway - not with the behavior the recruiter demonstrated on the phone! EXTREMELY unprofessional. A joke.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work in this position for our company?   Answer Question

New Grad Rotation (Engineering) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Enbridge Energy (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

The first round of interviews were at my university's career centre. I was interviewed by 2 people. Neither of them were from Human Resources, but those currently working as project engineers/managers. They were very friendly and asked the usual behavioural questions. They did ask some "technical" questions at the end such as how would you check for a leak in a pipeline or as a project engineer, what would you look for if you were to go on-site. I didn't get to the second round, but those were at their head office in North York.