Enbridge Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Longview, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Enbridge in May 2014.

submitted a application online got a call within 2 weeks to schedule an interview. It has been 9 weeks and i have not heard back from them. they said they would inform me within a couple weeks if i did or did not get the job. Overall they treated me nicely i would of just like a email or phone call after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview took 30 minutes they asked questions from a question bank just for that position. Most of them I did know have experience with.   View Answers (2)

Rotational EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Superior, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Superior, WI

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Enbridge in April 2013.

Applied online - 15 minute phone screen followed by an onsite interview invite in a week - HR and an Engineering Manager - scheduled 1 hour interview goes on to about an hour and 20 minutes - extensive background, education and employment check was done - offered job!

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral style with a mix of how my education, major and background would help this job. A veteran with a masters degree made me a good choice for them.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation involved. They offered a fair and reasonable package for my education.

Information Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enbridge in June 2014.

Applied online, go an email inviting me for an interview a week later. Interview was at their Edmonton office. Relaxed atmosphere, two people in the interview panel - a manager and an engineer. The manager mainly asked behavioural questions e.g. what would you do in a conflict situation, how would you espouse Enbridge's philosophies of integrity, respect and safety. The engineer asked more technical questions. These were fine expect I felt that for some questions I would need more information to answer precisely. Very professional pleasant experience overall. Called my references after a couple days, then I got called in for a second interview with the same two people and a senior manager. The second interview just zeroed in on my skillset for the position. I realized that the job description was a bit misleading in the split of work involved in the position.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enbridge.

I applied online and was called to schedule an interview a month later.

I was interviewed by the hiring manager and the HR. The interview consisted of only behavioural questions and lasted for about 30 mins. The first portion of the interview was basic questions while the second portion of the interview consisted of questions pertaining to the position I applied for.

Although the atmosphere was very friendly, I haven't heard back after the interview. About a month has passed from the time I was expecting a response. I tried calling but no answer. I thought it was common to notify a candidate after an interview regardless of outcome.

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Enbridge in August 2012.

The online application system was quite simple to submit my resume. It allowed me to enter the employee's name, position & email address that had referred me.
    I received a phone call a few days later, interviewed the following day. Received an offer by telephone, followed up by email the next day.
    Enbridge makes use of the STAR, Behavioural interview technique. There were representatives both from the HR department and the business department that was hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to handle a conflict with a coworker or direct report.
      The difficulty about this question was in not knowing the hiring managers preference for dealing with employee issues. You know that the interviewers will make assumptions based on your past - how you behaved is how you will behave. But my same story could be presented with slight perspective tweaks to match the desired method, if only I knew their style
        Answer Question
    As this was a contract position their was no negotiation, the salary was set into the project budget.

Technical Traiing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Enbridge in April 2014.

Was contacted by Enbridge HR for a phone interview. The phone interview was 2 hours in duration. Was informed that I would hear back from the team lead in about a month regarding next steps. Received a phone call 6 weeks after the interview date from someone in HR telling me they have not forgotten about me and that they would like to bring me in for a second interview on a Monday at 4 pm. The date was set for a month away. I attended the second interview with the team lead and freshly appointed manager. The new manager arrived at the interview late and quickly informed me that he will have to "make this short" as his son had soccer practice and he needed to be there. As the interview wrapped up I was told that I would hear back from them on a decision by the end of the week, and would be contacted personally by either the hiring manager or the training team lead. 6 weeks went by and I did not hear back from either the hiring manager of the training team lead, instead they had an HR summer student call me back with there decision.The hiring manager appeared not to be briefed on the content of the epic 2 hour phone interview and had one eye on the clock the entire duration of the second interview. I walked away feeling cheated and humiliated as I traveled 8 hours on my own dime for this interview and wasn't asked any typical questions you would expect at a second interview. It appeared the hiring manager completely lacked insight into the position requirements and was unprepared to ask any questions. There was an uncomfortable tension between the hiring manager and the team lead which thwarted flow. Get it together people!

Interview Questions
    • The marathon 2 hour phone interview was uncalled for. If your that interested in a candidate, vette there requirements and bring them in for a face to face. Be prepared for a deep dive into your resume.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enbridge in February 2014.

Was very serious and though but good

Corrosion-Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Enbridge in March 2013.

The interview was approximately 15 minutes long. Question focused primarily on background, experience, and school projects. No technical or proficiency questions. The interview was very casual and interviewer was friendly. I can't speak for others, but I would say that as long as you have strong communication skills, you should fair well in the interview.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enbridge in October 2013.

One phone interview (1/2 hr) and one in person interview (1 hr). Gave a very open and transparent viewpoint. Was a fairly relaxed setting. It was certainly a more behavioral interview than technical.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question on how to deal with people when they're difficult. By far the most difficult   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation offered.

Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Enbridge in September 2010.

Two people interviewed me. An English comprehension and math skills test completed.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a example of a time when you encountered a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. This was a union position and it was set equal to what current employees were paid.

Worked for Enbridge? Contribute to the Community!