Encana Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.7

Operations Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Encana (Denver, CO).

Interview

Met with the HR Rep to begin with to go over basics, then met with the Team Leader and their Supervisor as well as the person who was in the position at the time. It was helpful to have that person in there to be able to ask them specific questions the position.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Encana (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

My interview was set up by a coordinator, who was very professional. The interview took place in a conference room and was divided into two portions. First I met with the coordinator who let me know about the company benefits -- awesome! -- and the second part of the interview was with the supervisor and a co-worker. Questions were the very basic questions you would expect about background and experience along with what I had to offer the company. The company culture came across as very relaxed and supportive. All in all a very good interview!

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Very nice conversation.   Answer Question

Supply Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Encana.

Interview

The interview process was actually very enjoyable. I made contact at a university career fair. I was lucky enough to be called back for a pre-interview dinner and then the interview the next day. Dinner was awesome and as you know, an interview in itself. The dinner made the interview a lot more enjoyable and they smiled a lot. I joked a lot and still managed to maintain a professional approach. They contacted me about two days after my interview. And told me I got the job! I am so excited!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/a

Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Encana.

Interview

They held a meet and greet at my university, the day before interviews were to be held. We were able to meet with interviewers ahead of time, and that helped to ease the interview jitters and I felt like the interview was more of a conversation than 'being grilled.'

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you felt like you failed, and what you did to overcome that.   Answer Question

Land Administration Interview

Interview

Group interview with Lead and three other staff members. Discussed previous projects, showed evidence of attention to detail, organization and communication skills

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Encana (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online. After a brief interview, I was asked to visit EnCana's Denver office for an in-person interview. I talked with several managers. They were all polite. I answered all of their questions as professionally and intelligently as I could. One interviewer looked me in the eye and said she would contact me to let me know the outcome of the hiring decision. Another manager told me I would hear the decision by the end of the week. I left the building with a positive feeling. Then nothing. No one at EnCana bothered to give me notice of their rejection. I was left to wonder in silence. The promised communication was a lie. This is the height of unprofessionalism in my view.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Encana (Laramie, WY) in October 2013.

Interview

It was pretty good, interviewers asked why did i choose Encana, and talked a lot about their own company and where it's going. Overall very nice and polite.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Encana (Denver, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process came from my university. Encana did a very good job of being accessible and very professional. As for the interview, it was not to bad. It was behavioral based

Interview Questions

• There were not to many difficult question in my interview. It was very conversational and they just asked me about my college experience and how I juggled school with everything else   Answer Question

Negotiation

not really able to negotiate for an internship

Engineering Technician Interview

Interview

Attended career fair and applied online. Contacted by HR to schedule in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a serious mistake and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Supply Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Encana (Denver, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied through the university career fair. Received an e-mail to interview with them soon thereafter. The interview consisted of behavioral questions and in-depth explanations of your experiences.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you experienced a difficult situation and how did you react. How do you manage your time to meet deadlines. Why oil & gas? Name a time when you resolved a conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question