Endress + Hauser

3.2

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Endress + Hauser in January 2012.

Pros: The company site looks new, clean, and a nice place to work.
    The interviewers were very friendly, patient, listening, and curious of my diverse background.
    Professional communication and interview
    Professional job rejection notice

Cons:
    Would have preferred a phone screen interview with the hiring manager first. I drove an hour there and then an hour home for an interview that should that have happened. I blame this partly on myself for not requesting a phone screen first. I was hoping to get a tour of the facility, which did not happen.

Advice to HR: Ask hiring manager to phone screen candidates first.
    The job description had a lot of different skills required but they were preferring a C++ expert developer. The job title and description should have been adjusted accordingly.

Skills test on C++ object orientated programming during the interview: OK if you are an expert developer and been warmed up to programming the language in the past 6 months. Code test was very academia, spaghetti code, poorly written, not documented, and hard to read and decipher under pressure of an interview (if you're not fresh with it).

Code tests are OK for on-site interviews but if I knew this was going to be 90% job responsibility, I would have not came to interview.Again, please be courteous to applicants and phone screen before on-site screen.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Endress + Hauser in January 2008.

They seem to hire exclusively through Amtec, a recruiting firm, or by personal referral.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard interview. They went through your resume, and asked about your experience, and a few personality type questions.   Answer Question
    At the end of the interview, the General Manager would ask you what you expected for a salary. I considered that a loaded question because if you answer too low, you screwed yourself, and if you answer too high you talked yourself out of a job.

I left the negotiation with my recruiter from Amtec. I went back and forth with my recruiter, but eventually landed an offer.

Softwareentwickler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weil am Rhein (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weil am Rhein (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Endress + Hauser.

telefonisches und persönliches Bewerbungsgespräch

phone interview and personal interview

Human Resources Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Endress + Hauser.

Had an initial phone interview, conference call with two of their HR Coordinators. They seemed tired, disinterested and sarcastic, going through the motions. The questions were asked as if by rote, and one of the interviewers admitted that she didn't even have my resume in front of her.

They were very clear that they were looking to hire and develop talent, however this did really not come across in the way they conducted themselves. Perhaps they had already selected the next round of candidates, I don't know...

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Endress + Hauser.

Two round interviews