Endurance International Group

2.8

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Endurance International Group in September 2014.

This interview was for a Trainer at HostGator, which is part of their group. 2 interviews. First was phone interview to get to know you. Second was a presentation interview and panel interview. Typical for a trainer role.

The presentation piece I thought I was prepared for I think I was not. I didn't do well as I would hope, but again, it was teaching to a group of people who train regularly and really who know the ins and outs of what a domain is, and I thought I knew, turns out not enough.

The office itself is a work in progress. Coming from a large company to them was a bit suprising, and possibly a bit more funds should go into appearance. But that would not have affected my decision if I was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, the presentation is explaining what a domain is. This is what they do, you have to know it in and out or your not going to do well.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Phone interview, then technical interview, then final interview.

Technical Support Tier I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Endurance International Group in February 2014.

Was referred. Took an online aptitude test, went in for the interview a week later. It's been 4 days since the interview, I have not been contacted yet.

Interview Questions
    • What trait do you have, that you would like to change?   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Endurance International Group.

The Endurance International Group specializes in M&A in order to "innovate through acquisition" I was hired by one of the organizations acquired by EIG when I originally began working for the organization.

As such, I was interviewed by my controlling company. After EIG announced their acquisition, the staff was retained and positive staff changes were made. Consider this if EIG approaches your organization and brings you into the fold.

EIG does eliminate redundancies within their organization and support representative roles are liable to be eliminated during an M&A in favor of their larger hosts.

Entry-level employees do not generally have to re-interview for their jobs during an M&A, and many employees receive their offer letters same day.

EIG has yet, in my experience, to attempt a leveraged buyout of an org but as it grows in size this may become more attractive tot heir style.

Senior level managers are liable to be displaced if there is no immediate coalescence with the senior org.

EIG prides itself as a technical establishment. Prepare for open-ended, near-arbitrary questions that search for traits in lieu of skills.

If you are seeking direct-to-hire roles within EIG, your hiring process will approach the philosophy "Let's meet this person. Let's see what makes him tick, and ask questions in a way that if we don't hire him, we'll at least have learned something new about our industry."

Go with stories, don't speak in the abstract. Most importantly, know that there are many confederated brands within EIG. Your interview experience WILL differ from other interview reports here; each brand holds its own practices and hiring decisions.

If you're interviewing in Colorado, you're going to have a good interview experience as they do peer panels and the director often sits into the interview processes.

If you're interviewing for SEO/marketing solutions within Tempe, AZ, you're going to have a good experience. Other locations tend to be much more systematic in their process due to the size of their on-boarding operations and you should prepare for this experience.

Interview Questions
    • In Colorado and Tempe, there will likely be a silicon valley-style silly logic question.

“How many barbers are there in Chicago?”
      “How many piano tuners are there in New York?”
      “How many boxes of breakfast cereal are sold in the U.S. each year?”
      “How many golf balls will fit inside a Boeing 747?”

View Answer
    You will have a difficult time negotiating wages for entry level positions, regardless of your experience. Upper-level organizations generally have a 10% curve and more slack in the event that your role is a unique or clinch role.

Employee Interview

They'll say anything to get someone to work here. Some of it might be true.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Endurance International Group in March 2013.

Initial phone interview with the hiring director, followed by 2 other phone interviews with people that I would have been directly reporting to in the position and then 2 in-person interviews. The interviewers were all very good, very professional and seemed like genuinely nice people. The whole process was pretty efficient and each of the interviewers was very prepared to ask questions and they knew my background before the interview started, which isn't always the case.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any questions to be overly difficult in nature, the main things that they wanted to know about were specific experiences and examples of difficult lead generation situations and how growth was handled.   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Endurance International Group.

Got a call from the corporate recruiter. Definitely did not do homework on me and talked to me as if I was being hired for any job there. DId not sell job to me at all. Egotistically tried to sell me on the company as if it was the top place to work in the world. If that's what they were instructed to do then they did their job. Rambled about company on and on. Had zero context for what I had done in my career to this point and had no idea that they will likely never talk to a more qualified candidate. When I mentioned flexibility as a requirement there was an absolute no. The inflexibility of that comment alone led me to believe that you won't hear about this company (which I had never heard of in the 1st place) within a year.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just irrelevant ones.   View Answer

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Endurance International Group in January 2012.

A phone screen with the recruiter. Some 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok with working 60-70 hour weeks?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Endurance International Group in August 2011.

The phone interview was with the corporate recruiter. General questions about previous job, skills, interests. Last question was salary at previous company and what I was looking for.
    I received an email for an in-person interview and I was scheduled for 90 minutes to meet with other three project managers. Meeting held in a small conference room. Very nice people, very friendly, created a relaxing atmosphere. Many behavioral questions, they were trying to find out if I was a team player, fun to be around, able to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment. Asked to talk about the work at the previous company and give examples of projects and explain what models were used. Some questions about Agile, Scrum, web hosting. The whole interview lasted exactly 90 min.
    One week later was scheduled another interview, this time for 1 hour with the hiring manager. He explained what were the requirements and the challenges for the position they had open and I had to explain how my skills and experience prepare me for this position. This was another very pleasant interview, relaxed atmosphere, very interesting discussions.

Interview Questions
    • From the recruiter: Tell me about a situation when you disagreed with your boss or someone else from the management team and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • If your previous co-workers were here, what would they say about you?   Answer Question

Product/Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Endurance International Group in May 2010.

First, the corporate recruiter called me to set up a phone screening. It really felt like she was reading off of a script and she didn't have a good understanding of the role. She was really insistent about getting my salary history and requirements up front and that was the first red flag... It's one thing to say a company is "P&L focused" but Endurance takes it to the extreme. When I arrived for the onsite interview the interviewer offered me something to drink, but couldn't give me any water because they didn't have any cups!!! That was the second red flag... as we walked over to the conference room I noticed a messy pile of furniture and boxes... I asked if they were having "office renovations" and they said 'oh, it always looks like that'! The office was dark and dreary, the furniture was dingy... the red flags just kept stacking up. The interviewer did ALL the talking and at least he was frank about the company and culture. This is a place to have a job, but not a long term career.

Interview Questions
    • What are your salary requirements? What were you making at your last job?   View Answer