EnerNOC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
San Francisco, CA

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EnerNOC in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the Engineer I position online, which included answering a short multiple-choice quiz and essay questions. I got a call from their HR rep in Boston after about a month. We had a short, simply interview. About 1 week later I had a phone interview with an engineering manager from their Concord, CA, location, which was also simple and straightforward. About two weeks after that, I was contacted for an on-site interview. Again, this was fairly easy. It consisted of an interview by two engineering managers who described the office atmosphere and asked a few simple technical questions. Next, I met with 4 or 5 of the location's engineers to chat with them and ask them questions. Finally, I had to complete an Excel skills test and essay question. The skills test was somewhat difficult.

Overall, I would say the interview process was fairly easy and I left with a good feeling. However, I did not receive an offer and I feel a little jerked around because the interview was so easy. At no time did I mislead them about my qualifications and experience and off the bat they knew I didn't have much experience in the field. So, I feel like the on-site interview was a waste of my time because I don't think it gave them any additional information about me, it just gave me more of a hope that I would get an offer. Still, it was a much more organized and positive experience than other interviews I've had with similar companies.

Interview Questions

Worked for EnerNOC? Contribute to the Community!