EnerNOC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at EnerNOC in July 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting an online application, I was contacted about 6 months later that there was an immediate vacancy that needs to be filled asap. Went through a short screening phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with 4 senior management staff.

There was also an online quiz that popped up after you application is submitted, the question revolved around basic Excel and some mechanical engineering -- these were trivial.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for EnerNOC and in this specific department? How does this differ from your current job?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Highly unimpressed by key staff in organization and with the brand they've created -- did not possess the breadth and depth of engineering firms, yet did not have the edge in data analytics and other software as a service companies. Type of work seemed monotonous and unrewarding.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EnerNOC in January 2012.

Interview Details – I knew my stuff, so the interview was easy.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I research Payscale.com and asked for midrange salary. My offer was accepted. My advice: research comparable salaries and don't get too greedy.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at EnerNOC in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two people, questions were very basic

Interview Questions

Worked for EnerNOC? Contribute to the Community!