EnerNOC

56 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Energy Engineer Interview

Senior Energy Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EnerNOC.

Interview Details – Initial Communications: OK
Phone Screen: we like you
Panel Interview: we still like you
Employment Sponsorship: not sure - we'll check
Post-Interview Communications: NONE (very unprofessional)
They could've reached out and informed at least via an email saying they cannot offer sponsorship. There was not a single communication transaction after the panel interview was complete.

Interview Question – No monkey wrenches - usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Energy Analyst Interview

Energy Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at EnerNOC in October 2013.

Interview Details – They called me in for an interview within 7 days of my application. I had three interviews, each about 20 minutes. They were casual and they reviewed my resume and were interested in my experience with excel. They said I may have to take a small excel test online, but I never had to. By the third interview I could tell they wanted to hire me and it shifted towards them convincing me that this was a really good position and I would gain good experience if I worked for them.

Interview Question – What is Demand Response. Do your homework on what Demand response is and make sure you prove to them that you understand what EnerNOC does. Do not just use their website, it doesn't help much for the interview. Get a good understanding "DR" and also what energy software they are developing.   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at EnerNOC in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was reached out by a recruiter telling me that he got my resume from a headhunter. Got no information in respect to the job he had gotten in touch for in his initial introductory email (Red Flag). I followed up and tried to schedule a call the following day but I was told that he was out of office and he can only talk to me next week. (Really are you telling me that they only have one recruiter in the entire company). I still accepted the invitation for an initial screening and it went as scheduled. He asked me basic questions about what am I looking for and how this job fits my experience. After the phone call I got an email that they were willing to schedule another round and this time it would be with the hiring manager.
Interview with the hiring manager started with usual initial introduction and followed by a detailed discussion on my past experience. Soon the interview inclined towards the drawback that they have in the company and how they are looking for a candidate who can draw requirements, write use cases, conduct testing, plan project and CODE. I countered and asked that they are trying to squeez 3 different job functions into one job profile. Obviously as a BA you are required to have both technical and functional hats and even act as QA and PM on a project but CODING really. On one hand they want someone to set the ground running but they also do not wish to spend money on having a structural team in place. This was another red flag that I felt that the hiring manager and the HR were not in sync with what they are really looking for.

Interview Question – Unexpected Question: I see that you have a Bachelors and Masters in Business Administration. Are you comfortable with the tasks that this job requires you to do.   View Answer

Energy Services Intern Interview

Energy Services Intern

Interviewed at EnerNOC

Interview Details – Interview was very informal, and got the chance to talk to people working in different sections of the department. They want to make sure I get a chance to learn and contribute on a specific project.

Applications Support Intern Interview

Applications Support Intern
Boston, MA

Interview Details – Recieved a call and had a 30 min interview by phone. Then I was called to met at he office. Had three meeting and the next week got the offer.

Interview Question – What do you have to take into account to sell sodas at a train station?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable

Linux Administrator Interview

Linux Administrator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EnerNOC.

Interview Details – Contract to hire

Interview Question – Explain what EnerNOC does in one or two sentences   Answer Question

Energy Markets Team Interview

Energy Markets Team

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at EnerNOC.

Interview Details – After the initial screening you'll (usually) have two in-person rounds. Each round will be meeting with 3-4 pairs of people. (With more senior people in the second round).

After each round the people who interview you will get in a conference room (with a HR person to take notes) and give you a number from 1-10. 7s and above means "advance to next phase". Then everyone goes around and gives their thoughts (with the hiring manager/future boss going last). Finally it's a thumbs up/thumbs down thing and the hiring manager makes the call.

There will also be a homework assignment to gauge your excel abilities. Here they are looking for attention to detail and being able to do things quickly (that's why they only give you 48 hours).

Note EnerNOC has a HUGE population of interns vying for full time positions, so for pretty much any "Associate" level position there is gonna be a flood of them applying.

Interview Question – Favorite Excel function?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Slightly, they are usually pretty firm.

Energy Analyst Intern Interview

Energy Analyst Intern

I applied online and interviewed at EnerNOC.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the HR through email for the phone interview. During the phone interview, I was asked questions about myself and how you heard about company etc.Then I was called for 1:1 interview with 3 persons each for half an hour. Again questions from Resume. Nothing tough.

Interview Question – One person asked me to tell something that he didn't know about the company.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at EnerNOC.

Interview Details – Recruiter was thorough and well prepared. Interview with the hiring manager was week and seemed ill prepared or just too busy. Although domain experience was not required it was clearly a focus. I was not given much time to get clarity on the role or the company. Promised a response either way, never heard back.

Interview Question – Describe 3 Attributes of the best boss, followed by how do you rate yourself in these areas.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EnerNOC.

Interview Details – Online survey/app with screening questions. Great first follow-up from recruiter. Phone interview with hiring mgr. In-person with hiring mgr. Final round of phone interviews with other managers.

Interview Question – What questions to you have? Sales exec will want you to have a question that shows you're on his intellectual level.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for EnerNOC? Contribute to the Community!