EnerNOC

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.9

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at EnerNOC.

Recruiter was thorough and well prepared. Interview with the hiring manager was week and seemed ill prepared or just too busy. Although domain experience was not required it was clearly a focus. I was not given much time to get clarity on the role or the company. Promised a response either way, never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe 3 Attributes of the best boss, followed by how do you rate yourself in these areas.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EnerNOC.

Online survey/app with screening questions. Great first follow-up from recruiter. Phone interview with hiring mgr. In-person with hiring mgr. Final round of phone interviews with other managers.

Interview Questions
    • What questions to you have? Sales exec will want you to have a question that shows you're on his intellectual level.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Long process. First you'll be contacted by a recruiter who will want to speak to you a few times on the phone -- will ask questions about what you're doing now, why you'd be ready for this job, why you want this specific job and why you want to work at EnerNOC. They're basically trying to screen how badly you want to work for the company and gage if you would be successful at the company. From there, you'll have a phone interview with a hiring manager who will ask really tough questions. They'll ask you to pitch one of their products and make a sale. This is what I tripped up on and wasn't offered a second interview. Regardless it was a good experience, and everyone I spoke to was really nice/professional.

Director of Business Development Interview

I was hired in the first year or two of the company, so it was very much a start up. Interviews were about what you would expect for a company at that stage: a couple of very detailed conversations with founders, followed by a day of meeting just about everyone in the company.

Energy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at EnerNOC in October 2013.

They called me in for an interview within 7 days of my application. I had three interviews, each about 20 minutes. They were casual and they reviewed my resume and were interested in my experience with excel. They said I may have to take a small excel test online, but I never had to. By the third interview I could tell they wanted to hire me and it shifted towards them convincing me that this was a really good position and I would gain good experience if I worked for them.

Interview Questions
    • What is Demand Response. Do your homework on what Demand response is and make sure you prove to them that you understand what EnerNOC does. Do not just use their website, it doesn't help much for the interview. Get a good understanding "DR" and also what energy software they are developing.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at EnerNOC in September 2013.

Applied online and heard back from a hiring manager within a few weeks for a phone screen. Phone screen was easy, they brought me in for an in-person interview. Met with 3-4 people on the team. There weren't any really hard questions, just asking me about my experience, why I was interested in EnerNOC. It seemed like the online job description differed from the actual duties and purpose of the position. A few days later, I received an automated rejection email stating that I was not chosen to interview for the position (even though I had already done so twice)

Senior QA Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at EnerNOC.

I started with EnerNOC when they bought the start-up that I was working for. The process was fairly simple from my standpoint.

Interview Questions
    • Will you accept this job offer - or something to that affect. There was really no major interview process because it was a merger/buyout situation.   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at EnerNOC.

Initial communication happened by a recruiter contacting me after viewing my profile. They were impressed with my resume and suggested that I apply to a few positions. The position I initially applied for was filled quickly internally and so a recruiter put my resume on hold until this support position came up. The recruiter put together a phone interview with the hiring manager.
    The hiring manager was over a half an hour late to making the call. When she finally called, no apology or acknowledgement was given. It was hard communicating with her because she didn't seem to understand a lot and she only asked canned behavioral interview questions. She kept asking about what motivates me to develop or fix things.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

If you know JavaEE, SQL etc. you will be fine. Just make sure you are willing to learn and learn fast!

Energy Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at EnerNOC.

There was an initial phone interview with an HR rep that was pretty standard questions. From there I was placed with another phone interview from an engineer at the actually site I was applying to, he talked about the job a bit more and asked questions more related towards that. From there there was an hour excel test that really tests you for some of the more detail aspects of excel. Then after feeling pretty confident on all three of those aspects I was told that the were going to internally fill the position.