EnerNOC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Development Associate Interview

Business Development Associate

Interviewed at EnerNOC

Interview Details – Long process. First you'll be contacted by a recruiter who will want to speak to you a few times on the phone -- will ask questions about what you're doing now, why you'd be ready for this job, why you want this specific job and why you want to work at EnerNOC. They're basically trying to screen how badly you want to work for the company and gage if you would be successful at the company. From there, you'll have a phone interview with a hiring manager who will ask really tough questions. They'll ask you to pitch one of their products and make a sale. This is what I tripped up on and wasn't offered a second interview. Regardless it was a good experience, and everyone I spoke to was really nice/professional.

Interview Question – Convert MW to KW   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EnerNOC in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and heard back from a hiring manager within a few weeks for a phone screen. Phone screen was easy, they brought me in for an in-person interview. Met with 3-4 people on the team. There weren't any really hard questions, just asking me about my experience, why I was interested in EnerNOC. It seemed like the online job description differed from the actual duties and purpose of the position. A few days later, I received an automated rejection email stating that I was not chosen to interview for the position (even though I had already done so twice)

Director of Business Development Interview

Director of Business Development

Interviewed at EnerNOC

Interview Details – I was hired in the first year or two of the company, so it was very much a start up. Interviews were about what you would expect for a company at that stage: a couple of very detailed conversations with founders, followed by a day of meeting just about everyone in the company.

Interview Question – I honestly don't remember any of the questions   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Operations
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at EnerNOC in July 2010.

Interview Details – Long and grueling. You have to meeting with virtually everyone in the department for their input. It takes forever to get through the phone screen, first round interview, homework, second round interview and final process.

Interview Question – Stupid questions like how many ping pong balls would fit in this room and how would you solve the answer. Which would you prefer, a bag of quarters or a bag of dimes and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at EnerNOC in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for the postion, scheduled a phone interview. I did my home work and was very thorough with my answers. Came down to salary and I tried to dance around it becuase I was really interested in the Energy Market. Recruiter was late for the call and rather unattentive.

Interview Question – How much are you making now and what are your requirements.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at EnerNOC.

Interview Details – I started with EnerNOC when they bought the start-up that I was working for. The process was fairly simple from my standpoint.

Interview Question – Will you accept this job offer - or something to that affect. There was really no major interview process because it was a merger/buyout situation.   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Applications Support Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at EnerNOC.

Interview Details – Initial communication happened by a recruiter contacting me after viewing my profile. They were impressed with my resume and suggested that I apply to a few positions. The position I initially applied for was filled quickly internally and so a recruiter put my resume on hold until this support position came up. The recruiter put together a phone interview with the hiring manager.
The hiring manager was over a half an hour late to making the call. When she finally called, no apology or acknowledgement was given. It was hard communicating with her because she didn't seem to understand a lot and she only asked canned behavioral interview questions. She kept asking about what motivates me to develop or fix things.

Interview Question – How do you develop something?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

Interviewed at EnerNOC

Interview Details – If you know JavaEE, SQL etc. you will be fine. Just make sure you are willing to learn and learn fast!

Energy Engineer Interview

Energy Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at EnerNOC.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview with an HR rep that was pretty standard questions. From there I was placed with another phone interview from an engineer at the actually site I was applying to, he talked about the job a bit more and asked questions more related towards that. From there there was an hour excel test that really tests you for some of the more detail aspects of excel. Then after feeling pretty confident on all three of those aspects I was told that the were going to internally fill the position.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for EnerNOC?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Sales Operations Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at EnerNOC in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by an HR after 10 days. She called me and asked me behavioral questions "Why EnerNoc", "Tell me about urself", " why new job", " do you want to relocate" "Salary Expectation"......