EnerNOC

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EnerNOC in January 2010.

Interview Details – Most of the people at EnerNOC are hired through current employees. My experience was very strange. I met with four people one day and was invited back to meet two more. I spent the better half of a day and a half interviewing. The strange part was that soon after I was hired, four of the six people, including my direct boss, had been fired or left on their own.

Interview Question – None really stand out. Questioning was very thorough. Do your company research and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a very low offer, very different than the ballpark that my future co-worker hinted at. I asked for much more and was able to get them up to at least a livable wage. I was willing to take less because I was convinced (wrongly) that the company was on the move and growing.

Boston, MA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EnerNOC in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough process providing opportunity to discuss the skills and experience that I brought to the job and the opportunity to really understand the expectations of the company.

Negotiation Details – Reasonable and fair

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EnerNOC in March 2008.

Interview Details – Circular interview that takes 4 hours to complete. Very repetitive after the first two groups interview you.

Negotiation Details – Laborious.

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EnerNOC in October 2011.

Interview Details – No initial outreach from a recruiter
Several people did not show up to conduct interviews
Noone escorted me out of the interview sessions
No follow-up received
Thinly veiled animosity from several interviewers-shocking behavior
Behavioral interview style

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encouraged a difficult employee to complete a task.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you advocated on behalf of the team.   Answer Question

Worked for EnerNOC? Contribute to the Community!