EnerNOC

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at EnerNOC in January 2010.

Interview Details – Most of the people at EnerNOC are hired through current employees. My experience was very strange. I met with four people one day and was invited back to meet two more. I spent the better half of a day and a half interviewing. The strange part was that soon after I was hired, four of the six people, including my direct boss, had been fired or left on their own.

Interview Question – None really stand out. Questioning was very thorough. Do your company research and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a very low offer, very different than the ballpark that my future co-worker hinted at. I asked for much more and was able to get them up to at least a livable wage. I was willing to take less because I was convinced (wrongly) that the company was on the move and growing.

Boston, MA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at EnerNOC in October 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough process providing opportunity to discuss the skills and experience that I brought to the job and the opportunity to really understand the expectations of the company.

Negotiation Details – Reasonable and fair

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at EnerNOC in March 2008.

Interview Details – Circular interview that takes 4 hours to complete. Very repetitive after the first two groups interview you.

Negotiation Details – Laborious.

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at EnerNOC in October 2011.

Interview Details – No initial outreach from a recruiter
Several people did not show up to conduct interviews
Noone escorted me out of the interview sessions
No follow-up received
Thinly veiled animosity from several interviewers-shocking behavior
Behavioral interview style

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encouraged a difficult employee to complete a task.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you advocated on behalf of the team.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at EnerNOC

Worked for EnerNOC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EnerNOC Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by EnerNOC employees and interview candidates.