Energy BBDO Interview Questions

2.3

Junior Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Energy BBDO in February 2014.

Interview

Recruited at my University for a AAE position but I was candid about wanting a job in planning and they were able to set up interviews for me in their office the next day. Met with 5-6 brand and digital planners and was given an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince yourself that you enjoyed being the planner on a brand that's considered "not so sexy?"   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Energy BBDO (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a recruiting event and we spoke 2-3 more times after. Months later, she reached out to me in March asking if i was interested in Summer Internship position and i accepted. They only gave a week to think over. The Summer Internship overall was a great experience except my supervisor didn't have time to mentor me, which made my individual project with her much harder. Energy BBDO provides a summer project for the interns and intern group gets split in half to compete each other. I thought that was something that actually made us work and use our brain the most. Overall great people and fun place to work!

Intern Interview

Interview

Was over the phone and pretty pain less. I had been selected through an associate creative director reviewing my work at a portfolio review where they liked my work. To be entirely honest I am filling this space here after to comply with the amount of writing required by this site.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Energy BBDO in May 2013.

Interview

interview/hiring process was fairly quick. I received a phone interview first and was called back for an in-person interview where I spoke with my team members. After a few weeks, I was contacted and told I had been accepted.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical. They asked about my academic activities, work experience and scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The intern rate is pretty flat. There was no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Energy BBDO (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with Director, Program Manager, HR, and Technology Lead. All one on one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. They would not budge from offer.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Energy BBDO (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

It was clear that Energy BBDO leadership feels empowered to find a place for someone who they see potential in. After my initial interview with the department head, we talked about what a job might look like, what their needs were and how my skills would add value. I had an offer elsewhere so pushed them to get things moving, and they were responsive. In all, I sat down with probably eight people. Loved them. The people were the most appealing aspect of the job.

Interview Questions

Comp offer was terrible. I wasn't expecting that much, but the offer really blew me away. Plus, I didn't really want to market pharmaceuticals.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Energy BBDO (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Most applicants apply online, but I knew someone who passed my resume along. The interview process was pretty easy: phone interview with HR, followed by in-person interviews with a woman from HR and members of the team I was going to work on. A few days later the offer was in my hands. Very simple, but it can be different depending on the job you interview for.

Interview Questions

• Just having relevant experience with detailed examples will get you far.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was quick: They said they wanted to make me an offer, and asked what salary range I was looking for .

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Energy BBDO (Chicago, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Human Resources Director. She liked me and brought me in to meet with two hire-ups. I came back 3 times over the course of 2.5 weeks. They offered me the position and I declined for another company.