Energy One Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2014

1.8

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Interview

The interview process went so smoothly. I felt confident and comfortable discussing my skills with the interviewer. He was very informative as far as the company and position entailed. He asked great questions and listened very well

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Energy One (Sandy, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Matt with the marketing Cordinator and talked a little bit about ourselves and set up an interview. When we met he was very friendly and very excited about the job opening and the benefits from the job. Explain it all in detail and made it sound like a fun and fast pace job for people who want to make good money but also people who want to work hard for it. I told him about myself and my experience and we both thought I was the man for the job and started the next Monday morning.

Interview Questions

• why am I the man for the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was already aware of the money part of the job, but after learning the job duties I knew I would be great for the job. So when he called me back and told me they would like me to start next week I said okay I'll be there. and he said great I'm excited for you, I think we can make some good money working together.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Energy One (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone call in person interview but no specific idea on the salary decided to pass on it.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Energy One.

Interview

You will be interview by the manager and possibly the director. They don't care if you have a degree or not. They will hire just about anyone which is why some of the employees who are young are not successful. He will ask basic interview questions just to get to know a little about you. Easy company to get your foot in the door.

Interview Questions

• Really no difficult or unexpected question will be asked. He will ask if you think you can do outbound sales. They do like to hire females but have hired males as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Colonias, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Energy One (Las Colonias, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

After applying for the marketing coordinator position online and doing some general research about the company, I received a phone call from HR saying they were interested in a face to face interview.

I met with one of the managers at a local coffee shop since we happened to live in the same area. The small talk was easy and personable in line and he graciously offered to pay for my coffee. Once we sat down and I gave him a hard copy of my resume, he asked me a few questions about my background in marketing, sales and education. The interview was casual and easy. He was very honest about the position and the work I would be doing, which I appreciated since I had been scammed and lied to in other interviews. The marketing coordinator position consists of a paid training period and then a $45,000 base salary + commission if you pass the training process.

I was then invited to a second interview for next week which I look forward to.

The marketing coordinator position consists of pre-qualifying higher end income residential homes and setting up appointments. The manager said if you follow the 'script' they teach you in training and maintain a confident and friendly attitude, most will have no problem offering their time to you for a scheduled appointment. Being a recent college graduate, 45K + commission for simply talking to people about a great product sounds fantastic!

More to come next week after the second interview...

Interview Questions

• Which selling technique do you think works better for our company... the hard sell or the softer, knowledgeable sale?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the second interview process. More to come next week...

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Energy One.

Interview

The Human Resources Director called me very soon after I put in my application. I scheduled an interview with her and met with the Manager of the branch. He told me it was a commission only job but they did have many incentives. He did not ask me about my prior work experience, he just took one look at me and told me I was hired basically. The interview literally lasted 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

I wasn't impressed by the interview process and it seems they have a high turnover rate so that is why they were so quick to hire me. I also was not interested in a job without a base salary, they make it seem like it's so easy but then why would they need to hire so many people?