Energy One

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Representative Interview

Marketing Representative
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Energy One in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone call in person interview but no specific idea on the salary decided to pass on it.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Energy One.

Interview Details – You will be interview by the manager and possibly the director. They don't care if you have a degree or not. They will hire just about anyone which is why some of the employees who are young are not successful. He will ask basic interview questions just to get to know a little about you. Easy company to get your foot in the door.

Interview Question – Really no difficult or unexpected question will be asked. He will ask if you think you can do outbound sales. They do like to hire females but have hired males as well.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Las Colonias, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Energy One in October 2012.

Interview Details – After applying for the marketing coordinator position online and doing some general research about the company, I received a phone call from HR saying they were interested in a face to face interview.

I met with one of the managers at a local coffee shop since we happened to live in the same area. The small talk was easy and personable in line and he graciously offered to pay for my coffee. Once we sat down and I gave him a hard copy of my resume, he asked me a few questions about my background in marketing, sales and education. The interview was casual and easy. He was very honest about the position and the work I would be doing, which I appreciated since I had been scammed and lied to in other interviews. The marketing coordinator position consists of a paid training period and then a $45,000 base salary + commission if you pass the training process.

I was then invited to a second interview for next week which I look forward to.

The marketing coordinator position consists of pre-qualifying higher end income residential homes and setting up appointments. The manager said if you follow the 'script' they teach you in training and maintain a confident and friendly attitude, most will have no problem offering their time to you for a scheduled appointment. Being a recent college graduate, 45K + commission for simply talking to people about a great product sounds fantastic!

More to come next week after the second interview...

Interview Question – Which selling technique do you think works better for our company... the hard sell or the softer, knowledgeable sale?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the second interview process. More to come next week...

Very Easy Interview

Entry Level Marketing Representative Interview

Entry Level Marketing Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Energy One.

Interview Details – The Human Resources Director called me very soon after I put in my application. I scheduled an interview with her and met with the Manager of the branch. He told me it was a commission only job but they did have many incentives. He did not ask me about my prior work experience, he just took one look at me and told me I was hired basically. The interview literally lasted 20 minutes.

Interview Question – He literally asked me no questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't impressed by the interview process and it seems they have a high turnover rate so that is why they were so quick to hire me. I also was not interested in a job without a base salary, they make it seem like it's so easy but then why would they need to hire so many people?

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Energy One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Energy One interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Energy One employees and interview candidates.