Energy Solutions Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Energy Solutions

Associate Interview

Interview

I was referred by a former employee. The first interview was a quick phone call where they asked about which of their current projects peaked my interest. They asked me about my interest in energy and the environment and my experience in groups (leadership). I would say they are looking for smart people who can learn quickly (they really throw you in the deep end here) who have good "kindergarten skills" - you work well with others, are pleasant to be around every day in the office, respectful, fun, etc. Then I had a couple of on-site interviews where I was interviewed by the President, the VP, some project leads and by other current Associates. Honestly they didn't ask me very many hard questions and were more trying to sell me on the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Granted you should be expecting this question, but it was difficult because I was straight out of undergrad.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Energy Solutions (Oakland, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I was recruited by phone after meeting an employee at an event. I went to the office for first round of interview, with maybe 4 people. A week or so later, I went back for second round of interview and they presented me with an offer. About a week later, I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected, but important: why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate for a very slightly higher salary, and they gave it to me. The compensation is difficult to compare to other companies. It is hourly, even though everyone above a certain level is technically "salaried." So it was difficult to translate the compensation from hours to annual salary, since the it is not a guaranteed 40 hour week.