Engility Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.8

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Engility (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

As a Contract Administrator, you need to have a good understanding of the FAR basics and definitely understand the Contract format. Questions from FAR Part 16 and 52 were asked during the interview and I had to interpret the FAR's meaning and how to implement the interpretations in my daily role.

Interview Questions

• One main question that everyone is asked: Name the sections of a contract   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Engility in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty basic, recruiter requested times that I was available to have a phone interview with two members from the team. At the agreed upon time called into conference bridge and had panel interview. A healthy exchange of my work experience along with questions about company and expectations from the role. I was told my next contact would be from recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Describe how I handled a situation where I had team member that was not performing as expected   1 Answer

Senior Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Engility (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

I found the job description on LinkedIn and connected with the HR Recruiter. We had several phone conversations about salary and work experience. My resume was forwarded to the Hiring Manager and an interview was schedule for the next week. Hiring Manager was professional, intelligent, polite, respectful of time, and did a great job of explaining the organization and the department in which I was interviewing. It showed during the interview and even more so once I began working with the company that Engility employs some very talented professionals.

Interview Questions

• Discussed work experience, background, strengths/weaknesses, evolution of the company, etc.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Engility (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and it lasted less than 30 minutes. It was pretty standard. They asked some of the normal questions such as: tell me about yourself, what do you know about the company, etc...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Engility in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for a job online approximately six months before I got an email about scheduling a phone interview. Since I did not have program specific experience, I was told I was less than qualified by the interviewers. I would not say they were unfriendly as people, yet there was some underlying hostility throughout the interview. As with other companies, the recruiters are not prompt with answering phone calls or emails. I understand there must be a large volume of communication crossing their desks, yet it would be nice to have the courtesy of a response.

Interview Questions

• Explain to us what you currently do at your job.   1 Answer

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Engility (Edison, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

easy phone interview...we just chat and the hr is nice...they want me to meet with the team members at first. However because of my visa status, I lose the chance anyway.

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Engility.

Interview

Very limited communications at any level. Company indicated interest in my extensive expertise, and that they are several openings and positions available. However, during the process the position was filled from within the company. All communications then ceased. .

Interview Questions

• Not a lot of questions. Looked at the resume, indicated interest, felt that I was more than qualified.   Answer Question

TAF Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Engility (Arlington, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Employee referral is a must, after a few emails back and forth with program manager you conduct a average phone interview. Average hiring paperwork followed, waiting for rotation to be announced and waiting to be informed whether selected for job or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation is based a lot on your level of experience.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Engility (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I interviewed at my university's career center. It was a pretty basic interview, all behavioral, and the interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. A few weeks later, I received a call asking to gauge my interest, and I got an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negociate

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Engility (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

The overall process moved rather quickly, from initial contact with recruiter to receipt of offer letter. The interviewers were easy going. Conversational. No hardball questions. I was given an opportunity to demonstrate my expertise and approach for the job. The onboarding process is frustrating though. Online systems not intuitive in some cases (e.g., for corporate card) and it is difficult to get a human to answer.