Engility

Relevance Date Difficulty

Disaster Preparedness Recovery Specialist Interview

Disaster Preparedness Recovery Specialist
Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Engility in March 2014.

Interview Details – Standard interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. The whole process lasted approx. 45 min. The interview was 1 on 1 interview

Interview Question – There were no trick questions during the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was over salary and I accepted offer.

Lead Interview

Lead
Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Engility in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was a simple one. It was a panel type interview. I noted they were egar to fill the position. The questions were centered on the ability to lead a team and working with a "hard to please customer."
I later found that they did not have control over the customer and the customer did not want a cohesive relationship with the firm.
That should have been discussed during the interview process.

Interview Question – They were normal leadership questions; not too difficult   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was made when the lead, asked my current salary, I was truthful with him. He said that was about how much he was making. He said he could accommodate the salary.
I never received an offer letter in the mail, until I arrived for the first day of work.
The offer was 20K short.
I had already left my previous position at another firm.
Needless to say I was not a happy camper.
Once I found another position with another firm; I left the company. My feelings were not in the job.

Director Interview

Director
Chantilly, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Engility.

Interview Details – The overall process moved rather quickly, from initial contact with recruiter to receipt of offer letter. The interviewers were easy going. Conversational. No hardball questions. I was given an opportunity to demonstrate my expertise and approach for the job. The onboarding process is frustrating though. Online systems not intuitive in some cases (e.g., for corporate card) and it is difficult to get a human to answer.

Interview Question – I was given a scenario and asked how I would respond.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Lexington Park, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Engility in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was called in for a 1:1 interview after submitting my resume and a cover letter. I spoke with the hiring manager, who introduced me to the division chief. It was a pleasant experience, and I was offered the position via letter a few days later.

Interview Question – I don't recall any unusual or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked for my salary requirements and received an offer letter for the exact amount.

Law Enforcement Professional Interview

Law Enforcement Professional
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Engility in August 2011.

Interview Details – Online plus telephonic interviews with follow up questions.

Negotiation Details – Only specific locations were negotiable, not salary or benefits.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Mechanical Design Engineer
Lakehurst, NJ

Interview Details – Very confusing. Emailed me to schedule a phone interview, I replied with a list of times I was available, then she picked one. Called me for the phone interview at a complete different time that wasn't even what I had listed as available. Interview ended up being for a completely different position since engineering positions are contingent based on government funding. The position she ended up interviewing me for was something I was not remotely qualified for but I was still considered for it. Questions were pretty basic. Received a 2nd phone interview then never heard anything after that. Follow-up was terrible.

Interview Question – Can you write test protocols?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Chantilly, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Engility.

Interview Details – Normal interview process, everything went fine up until the interview

Very Difficult Interview

Information Assurance Interview

Information Assurance
North Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Engility in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by MIke from Recruiting and was scheduled for three interviews on each occasion, it was either cancelled or rescheduled. Had to complete lenghty and complex online application. Waited over an hour and was not seen on one day. After the final interview I was called two hours later and told that I the position had been cancelled due to a lack of funding.

Interview Question – What was my experience with SCRUM. Writing Scripts for VM. They wanted a SCRUM master. I was trained in networks, hardware, IA scans and such.   View Answer

Field Software Engineer Interview

Field Software Engineer
Sierra Vista, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Engility.

Interview Details – Engility was looking to fill the position very quickly. CompTIA Security+ certification is necessary for most positions now.

Interview Question – Security+ was required before an actual interview could take place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Brief negotiations. Hiring manager stated that the position had a salary cap set by the government. Take it or leave it.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Engility

Interview Details – Two phone interviews testing my understanding of software development. Basic questions and pretty standard for a software job.

Interview Question – Talk me through how you would write a program for a poker game in Java.   Answer Question

Worked for Engility? Contribute to the Community!