Engility Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Program Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Engility in May 2012.

Standard interview questions dealing with experience, past difficulties, strengths, goals. The first question concerned salary, to determine whether or not the interview would proceed, so that was odd. As with all government contracting jobs, you have to wait until funding and the space opens up, then you have to deal with your clearance being transferred over, then you complete a drug screening and you are good to go.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the salary range you are expecting so we can decide whether or not this interview will continue.   Answer Question
    Slight negotiations, through HR.

Disaster Preparedness Recovery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Engility in March 2014.

Standard interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. The whole process lasted approx. 45 min. The interview was 1 on 1 interview

Interview Questions
    • There were no trick questions during the interview process.   Answer Question
    The negotiation was over salary and I accepted offer.

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Engility in January 2012.

The interview was a simple one. It was a panel type interview. I noted they were egar to fill the position. The questions were centered on the ability to lead a team and working with a "hard to please customer."
    I later found that they did not have control over the customer and the customer did not want a cohesive relationship with the firm.
    That should have been discussed during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • They were normal leadership questions; not too difficult   View Answer
    The negotiation was made when the lead, asked my current salary, I was truthful with him. He said that was about how much he was making. He said he could accommodate the salary.
    I never received an offer letter in the mail, until I arrived for the first day of work.
    The offer was 20K short.
    I had already left my previous position at another firm.
    Needless to say I was not a happy camper.
    Once I found another position with another firm; I left the company. My feelings were not in the job.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Engility.

The overall process moved rather quickly, from initial contact with recruiter to receipt of offer letter. The interviewers were easy going. Conversational. No hardball questions. I was given an opportunity to demonstrate my expertise and approach for the job. The onboarding process is frustrating though. Online systems not intuitive in some cases (e.g., for corporate card) and it is difficult to get a human to answer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington Park, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Engility in October 2010.

I was called in for a 1:1 interview after submitting my resume and a cover letter. I spoke with the hiring manager, who introduced me to the division chief. It was a pleasant experience, and I was offered the position via letter a few days later.

Interview Questions
    I was asked for my salary requirements and received an offer letter for the exact amount.

Law Enforcement Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Engility in August 2011.

Online plus telephonic interviews with follow up questions.

Only specific locations were negotiable, not salary or benefits.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lakehurst, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Lakehurst, NJ

Very confusing. Emailed me to schedule a phone interview, I replied with a list of times I was available, then she picked one. Called me for the phone interview at a complete different time that wasn't even what I had listed as available. Interview ended up being for a completely different position since engineering positions are contingent based on government funding. The position she ended up interviewing me for was something I was not remotely qualified for but I was still considered for it. Questions were pretty basic. Received a 2nd phone interview then never heard anything after that. Follow-up was terrible.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Engility.

Normal interview process, everything went fine up until the interview

Information Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Engility in November 2013.

Was contacted by MIke from Recruiting and was scheduled for three interviews on each occasion, it was either cancelled or rescheduled. Had to complete lenghty and complex online application. Waited over an hour and was not seen on one day. After the final interview I was called two hours later and told that I the position had been cancelled due to a lack of funding.

Interview Questions
    • What was my experience with SCRUM. Writing Scripts for VM. They wanted a SCRUM master. I was trained in networks, hardware, IA scans and such.   View Answer

Field Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sierra Vista, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sierra Vista, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Engility.

Engility was looking to fill the position very quickly. CompTIA Security+ certification is necessary for most positions now.

Interview Questions
    • Security+ was required before an actual interview could take place.   Answer Question
    Brief negotiations. Hiring manager stated that the position had a salary cap set by the government. Take it or leave it.

Worked for Engility? Contribute to the Community!