Engility Interview Questions

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Engility.

I interviewed at my university's career center. It was a pretty basic interview, all behavioral, and the interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. A few weeks later, I received a call asking to gauge my interest, and I got an offer shortly after.

I did not negociate

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Engility.

The overall process moved rather quickly, from initial contact with recruiter to receipt of offer letter. The interviewers were easy going. Conversational. No hardball questions. I was given an opportunity to demonstrate my expertise and approach for the job. The onboarding process is frustrating though. Online systems not intuitive in some cases (e.g., for corporate card) and it is difficult to get a human to answer.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakehurst, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakehurst, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Engility in March 2014.

Very confusing. Emailed me to schedule a phone interview, I replied with a list of times I was available, then she picked one. Called me for the phone interview at a complete different time that wasn't even what I had listed as available. Interview ended up being for a completely different position since engineering positions are contingent based on government funding. The position she ended up interviewing me for was something I was not remotely qualified for but I was still considered for it. Questions were pretty basic. Received a 2nd phone interview then never heard anything after that. Follow-up was terrible.

Disaster Preparedness Recovery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Standard interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. The whole process lasted approx. 45 min. The interview was 1 on 1 interview

Interview Questions
    • There were no trick questions during the interview process.   Answer Question
    The negotiation was over salary and I accepted offer.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Engility.

Normal interview process, everything went fine up until the interview

Information Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Engility in November 2013.

Was contacted by MIke from Recruiting and was scheduled for three interviews on each occasion, it was either cancelled or rescheduled. Had to complete lenghty and complex online application. Waited over an hour and was not seen on one day. After the final interview I was called two hours later and told that I the position had been cancelled due to a lack of funding.

Interview Questions
    • What was my experience with SCRUM. Writing Scripts for VM. They wanted a SCRUM master. I was trained in networks, hardware, IA scans and such.   View Answer

Field Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sierra Vista, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sierra Vista, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Engility.

Engility was looking to fill the position very quickly. CompTIA Security+ certification is necessary for most positions now.

Interview Questions
    • Security+ was required before an actual interview could take place.   Answer Question
    Brief negotiations. Hiring manager stated that the position had a salary cap set by the government. Take it or leave it.

Software Developer Interview

Two phone interviews testing my understanding of software development. Basic questions and pretty standard for a software job.

Interview Questions
    • Talk me through how you would write a program for a poker game in Java.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Engility.

Submit resume thru webpage
    spoke with recruiter
    completed job application
    Interviewed with:
    recruiter on the phone and got info on company and people I would meet with in person
    manager, team, peers, executives
    offer extended
    background investigation
    drug screen
    clearance
    on-boarding orientation completed paperwork
    working. . . .

Interview Questions
    • how many ping pong balls would it take to fill up this room?   View Answer
    worked closely with the recruiter he really seemed plugged in and worked for my best interest and was very fast!

Recruitment Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Engility in June 2012.

Received a call to have an interview in the DC office about 3-4 days after I submitted my application. Interview was with a senior recruitment specialist and two recruitment assistants. Pretty standard questions that discuss resume experience.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself developing/advancing within the company?   Answer Question