Engineering Software Research & Development

www.esrd.com

Engineering Software Research & Development Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Engineering Software Research & Development.

Interview Details – I was emailed by director of operations and invited to interview. I was so pleased because this position really did match my skills - well, at least it matched those that were posted in the job description. In short, the interview was very aggressive and I wouldn't have applied had they actually posted the correct job description. There was a hostile interviewer that chose to keep putting me on the spot with problems that he had solved and how would I have solved them. I couldn't answer them because of his intimidating attitude and causing my brain to go blank!
If only interviewers realized that the interviewee is nervous enough they may think differently about getting the best out of the interviewee. I didn't waste my time at the interview(I'll know not to feel intimidated next time), quite frankly they wasted their time.
They were also unprofessional in not escorting me out of their offices. They did not get back to me to say I didn't get the job - something I think employers should do if you actually meet face to face.

Interview Question – Something like:
How would you go about finding out how 20 pieces of data are accurate to 10dp except one, that is wrong by 1dp?

My interviewer was so happy that he had challenged me with this question! His attitude lead me to believe it took him a while and he was proud he'd solved it. Just why did I have to solve it in an interview setting.
Well, I too have solved problems that others can't but I won't use them to beat my interviewees with!
  Answer Question

New Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Engineering Software Research & Development in March 2011.

Interview Details – written then interview

Interview Questions

• if we are giving you two bowls of 5 and 3 kg then separate 4 litr water by using these two bowls.   View Answer
  • stack and queue definition?   View Answer

Senai (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Engineering Software Research & Development in December 2009.

Interview Details – 1.iq test(important to pass this, if not dont bother to go for interview) 2.technical skill test which contain binary conversion and c Programming questions. Example of c programming question how to make infinite loop. 3.interview: panel 1hr, 1Japanese. Manager and 2-3 Senior engineer. In this case answer the question positively.

Interview Question – Iq test: adding side by side numbers as much as u can   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight forwared which i directly ask basic salary for fresh grads

Worked for Engineering Software Research & Development? Contribute to the Community!