Enlivant

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

1.9

Executive Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enlivant.

Excellent, they contacted me by phone and did a phone interview and then in person. They made me feel welcomed and comfortable to be myself. The process went smooth and they got back to me in timely fashion. It was a easy process.

Residence Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enlivant.

Phone interview with HR person at corporate about my resume. I had to go to the community for an in person interview with the Nurse and Executive Director.. I was called back to have an interview with Regionals. I was than called again and offered the position and told what my salary would be, following that I as given a formal email of a job offer which I had to accept, sign date and return to the corporate office. All this can e done over email.

Interview Questions
    • Typical sales questions, just be yourself if you're a good sales person at all it's an easy interview.   View Answers (2)
    None

Care Services Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enlivant in January 2015.

I had never worked in assisted living before but they basically just wanted RN behind my name. The marketing director stated that he was the director also, so the two of us would run the building.

Interview Questions
    • How will your background in Hospice be valuable to this community?   View Answer
    None

Residence Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Enlivant.

2 calls, one interview, only concern was how much can you make for us, we need team players which ultimately mean screw every one or you are not a team player

Interview Questions
    • just now much can you build census (and still frigum all)   Answer Question
    did not try

Regional Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Enlivant in August 2014.

Interviewed initially with Corporate Recruiter and he passed me on to the DVP. She did not ask me specific questions. Only concerned about my support of sales initiatives and that we do anything to bring in residents. Even open to bringing in residents that are more complex and require more care. It's all about heads in beds. I was even told they are going to stop doing initial assessments of residents before move in, but after move in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you have done in your last job to drive sales.   Answer Question
    • How would you address performance for an Executive Director that did not have any move ins for two months?   Answer Question

No focus on resident care. Only focus was on sales. Rather disappointing because I heard the company has changed. However, this is not the case. Occupancy is below 65 percent as a company. This also makes me Leary from a financial stand point. TPG is only going to invest so much money without a financial return.

Regional Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enlivant in July 2014.

Very Unprofessional. If this is an indication of the new and improved, I don't want to be a part of it. The recruiter is dishonest about the salary, calls you at the last minute and then says they are very interested. You meet wit a nurse who does nothing but gripe about the company and then they fall of the face of the earth. Don't return your calls or emails. Both me and my friend applied and had the same experience. I think it's just the Texas Region because I have heard good things about other areas.

Interview Questions
    • They don't ask many questions. Again very unprofessional and more concerned with how cheap they can pay you or who you know in the industry. The nurse just complained about how disorganized they were and ask why I wanted to work for Enlivant. She even said she was just waiting for a better opportunity. Said she had been with the company 5 months and had 3 different bosses.   View Answer

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enlivant in June 2014.

The nurse who interviewed me was more concerned about talking bad about the company and gossip than my qualifications. She was very unprofessional and had a negative outlook on the company but I needed a job and so I took it

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel you can work with any type of person from different backgrounds.   View Answer
    none

Resident Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enlivant.

easy.

Interview Questions
    • wasnt really an interview....basically just given the job.   Answer Question
    they did not negociate.

Nurse Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enlivant in September 2013.

1st interview with HR we discussed prior experience. 2nd interview very informal, mainly meet and greet with RD 3rd interview with regional manager and RD aprox 30 min easy process.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I would have issue going to overnight meeting in Dallas.   View Answer
    Negotiated, received higher amount than 1st offered.

Community Relations Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Enlivant in July 2013.

I was first contacted by a lady named Heidi Dowden. She did a phone interview with me. After I passed the phone interview I was then given a face-to-face interview with the Regional Director of Sales and Marketing. After my interview was done, she told me that she doesn't like to wait on decisions and that I would hear from her within a day or so. That afternoon, I had a phone call from Heidi again stating that I was getting a job offer and she wanted to verbally know if I would accept it! Excitingly I accepted over the phone and then we worked out details of the job offer, wages, and so on. I was given a hire and start date from there!

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your weaknesses as an employee.   View Answer
    Heidi then contacted me after my face-to-face to offer me the position. She was very kind about wage/hours. She explained I'd be getting an offer letter in the mail. Each step was known and understood by me before we hung up the phone. She also gave her personal number incase of questions! It was a smooth transition to start with employment.