Enova

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.1

Advanced Analytics Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enova in February 2015.

It is a phone interview. Actually the title is just analyst in general. The person interview me is very nice. He first introduced himself and ask me to introduce myself as well and then ask me a case about loan, including default rate. I do not think I did a good job in this case. So he go over the case with me step by step. Finally, he ask me whether I know SAS and SQL.

Interview Questions
    • if you are a manager, and you are in meeting with coworker to do a project, what do you want to know about this project.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enova in January 2015.

I applied through online, college career center. They caught me up very quick, like right after I applied. A few days later, they emailed me to schedule a phone interview. It was very comfortable, and good conversation. In the end she asked me if I have any questions for them, so I asked about the how the atmosphere in the company, people, and the compensation.

Interview Questions
    • Why Chicago Office? What do you see in yourself after 5 years?   Answer Question

Financial Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Enova.

Process was good, smooth. No case study. Some technical questions. Most questions were behavioral. Team took me out for lunch. Was a three round jnterview. Met with leadership as well.

Weird team dynamics

Software Engineer Interview

Talked to recruiter on campus career fair. Got interview scheduled on next day. The interview jumped into technical question. Asked to explain what a segmentation of code did. The code was written in ruby. They also provided a simplified doc of the functions appeared in the code.

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Enova.

Interview was very easy. Asked me questions I already knew the answers to.
    Gave 5 pages of code to analyze. It was simple code- nothing fancy. As if a fresher had wrote the code. Lots of questions on generating test cases. Overall a biased process- they were only interested in hiring people from good-name universities. Did not care about skillset.

Advanced Analytics Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Enova in November 2014.

Interview at a conference. It was about 50 minutes. 5 minutes of rapid resume covering what I've done. This is fine for a typical candidate at the UG/Masters level but as a PhD candidate I feel that I can't explain my value and my pertinent experience in 5 minutes.

45 Minutes of two case studies. The first one, roughly 40 minutes, was a look at what might have happened when a forecasting model went awry. The interviewer put a document in front of you with a few graphs and asked for an explanation of what went wrong. After 10 painful minutes the interviewer revealed the development team botched the forecasting model during the latest push. Uh... that has nothing to do with my job...

Afterwards, a standard probability question was asked which was very simple.

Interview Questions
    • What happened in this situation (hint: you'll never guess it because it's not why we are interested in hiring you).   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Enova in September 2014.

Had one on-campus interview, which I cleared and was invited for an on-site interview. The on-campus interview was focussed on basic data analytics. The questions were pretty straightforward and the interviewers were very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a sample data on excel and asked to analyze. Case studies and behavioral questions. Basic programmingn questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

interviewed at Enova in September 2014.

Talked to recruiter on campus, get invited to an on campus interview. Asked questions like palindrome detection, with or without spaces; standard fibonacci and fibonacci with some variations. There was also a code reading question. Code written in ruby. Some words in the code can be misleading, you need to be extra careful to not make mistakes.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Got call from university career fair. I just explained them my projects and work during career fair and I was immediately called for an interview. Just completed the first round.

Interview Questions
    • First, they asked me to write a palindrome program in my favorite language. Then I was given three page long ruby code. The asked me to explain that code to them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Enova in September 2014.

Very efficient and friendly. The in campus interview is about 45 minutes where you solve a business case. The onsite interview is about 4 hrs long and consist of behavioral, technical, and business questions.