Enova Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

4.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enova (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a friend I worked with a few years ago to gauge my interest, and after we talked, I was referred into the system.

After a brief phone interview with talent coordination, I came in for a full afternoon of interviews and discussions.

The interviews included both specific technical problem-solving challenges and discussions about the company. It was a very complete experience with a lot of opportunities to discuss anything of interest or concern.

The focus of the technical interviews also placed a priority on methodology and thought process, with leeway given for a lack of exposure to specific technologies. The goal of the process seemed very much to ascertain my quality as a developer rather than by-the-book familiarity with the technologies used in tests.

Interview Questions

• The tests were challenging, although they were delivered with guidance and attention from interviewers to emphasize the collaborative nature of the environment. I was most challenged trying to parse a language with which I did not have familiarity while determining the intent of a code snippet, and an exercise involving analyzing requirements was extensive and definitely stretched me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was, as with the other aspects of the process, meticulous and personable. After accepting an offer, there was flexibility with start date due to my needs with my prior situation. Attentiveness and teamwork was emphasized in this phase just as much as any other.

Other Interview Reviews for Enova

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Enova (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Two established Senior Software Engineers took me for a nice lunch before the formal interviews started. The interviews consisted of 3 skills tests in different areas (front-end technologies, back-end technologies, and algos/data structures). The final interview was a 1:1 with the director of engineering. I enjoyed the culture when I was escorted around, very laid back, young, bright engineers.

Interview Questions

• How would I implement the markdown for an Amazon.com product listing page.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Enova (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

After a few informal discussions with a contact inside the firm, I started the formal interview process. I had to reschedule once due to a legitimate family emergency, and the coordinator was very professional and accommodating.

I came in for lunch, then a series of 3 interviews with people I'd be working with or for. The first interview started with a brainteaser, then continued in a more traditional Q&A format. The second was purely intellectual--some data modeling and other technical discussions. The third was a more informal discussion about culture, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you model Loans, Payments and Customers in a database?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was quite pleased with my offer and did not feel the need to negotiate. I can't really say whether Enova would have engaged in that type of discussion.