Enrst & Young

Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisory Staff Interview

Advisory Staff
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enrst & Young in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through school's career website. Received an email few days after the deadline for the 1st round interview. I was also asked to complete a online writing assessment before the interview. The writing assessment has a limitation of 45 mins, and my topic was "recent events in the financial industry that has impact" or something like that. One of my friend got a topic like "the person you admire the most".

It was a typical on campus interview, and the process was pretty relaxed. Answered a few standard Big 4 interview type of questions. And I was told to wait for the decision for the 2nd round interview.

As a result, none of the candidates from the on-campus interview moved to the 2nd round.

Interview Question – How would you prioritize equally important things.   Answer Question

Full-time Assurance Staff Interview

Full-time Assurance Staff
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Enrst & Young in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied full-time assurance staff position through college career center website. I had to answer the online questionnaire before my interview. 1st round interview was held on campus about 2 weeks after I submitted my application. Interview was not difficult; most of the questions were just behavioral questions and background check.

Interview Question – Interview itself was pretty easy.   Answer Question

IT Service Advisory Interview

IT Service Advisory
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Enrst & Young in October 2010.

Interview Details – Behavior interview

Interview Question – what are your strength and weakness   Answer Question

Tax Senior Manager Interview

Tax Senior Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Enrst & Young in November 2009.

Interview Details – Meet with multiple people within a 3 hour process.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the company that others with your experience cannot   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Tax
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Enrst & Young in October 2009.

Interview Details – Recruter was very nice. All behavial quesions.

Interview Questions

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
McLean, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Enrst & Young in December 2008.

Interview Details – Performed a 1 on 1 interview with a Senior manager or manager. From then I was contacted within two weeks and invited into the E&Y main office in McLean, VA for a second set of interviews. The second interview consisted of a Dinner/networking with senior managers all the way up to partners. They paid for a luxurious room at the Ritz-Carlton for me to stay at for a night. The actual interview day was very informative of what clients the company serves, where the company came from, and how they thought you as an interviewee fit into their culture. I then performed 2 separate 1 on 1 interviews with managers and senior management.

Interview Question – What experience in tax accounting do you have?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I came in on their last week of interviews to be performed for the fall recruits, the recruiters and interviewers seemed to lack enthusiasm for the company and preperation for the interviews. I felt like I was in their way by being there to interview and somewhat wasting their time.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Enrst & Young

Interview Details – I applied through university recruitment process the first round was aptitude and it had four section. You need to be through with microsoft office shortcut keys and other formulas.

Interview Question – Microsoft office   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Brisbane (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Enrst & Young.

Interview Details – Straight forward if you get through the partner and his team first up.

HR is pretty average and slow.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in next 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward and there is a room for negotiation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Enrst & Young in February 2012.

Interview Details – It is a on campus interview by HR, who is very nice. Basically, she only asked several behavior questions after going over my resume. No technical questions.

Interview Question – Why our company?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Audit Staff

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Enrst & Young in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had an interview with a senior mgr in Audit and he asked me lots of behavioral questions focusing on teamwork skills and handling stressful situations. The interview was a half an hour long and didn't include any types of traditional questions such as tell me about yourself, strength and weakness, and so on.

Interview Question – Tell me about the time you motivated team members.   Answer Question

Worked for Enrst & Young? Contribute to the Community!