Ensequence

Relevance Date Difficulty

N/A Interview

N/A
Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ensequence in August 2013.

Interview Details – My interview process was very well organized and thorough. I received a detailed outline of my interview schedule emailed to me in advance, complete with interviewer names and job titles and parking instructions to ensure validation.
I interviewed in person with four individuals - all director level or higher - and had two phone interviews with leaders in New York.
Questions were all job-related, almost all behavior & scenario based, and very well thought through. All leaders were genuinely willing to answer my questions and were authentic and open when responding. Made me feel like the interview went both ways, which is ideal. Office location and space is very impressive. Great views, lunch room, conference room, quiet office.

Interview Question – Involved ADA   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Portland, OR

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ensequence in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process went fairly quickly from phone screen to 1:1 interview and a day long session that included a presentation. Everything was well organized and efficient. Interview questions were fairly in depth,and I was expected to provide clear examples of things I had done in the past, or how I had handled specific cases where difficult decisions were necessary. The team was as concerned with finding a good cultural fit as well as strong technical skills.

Interview Question – Can you give me an example of a time when you made a bad decision?   Answer Question

Product Manager - Software Interview

Product Manager - Software
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ensequence in January 2012.

Interview Details – A recruiter for Ensequence reached out to me through my LinkedIn profile. I've known of Ensequence for many years and was intrigued to learn more about a career opportunity with them. After the initial contact, the process took 4 steps: (1) send my resume (2) phone interview with recruiter (3) phone interview with the hiring manager (4) on-site group interviews with representatives from each of the groups, which lasted half a day. Each step was engaging and very positive. Everyone I met with was dynamic and you could sense the excitement on the projects they were working on.

From an interview perspective, the team was very candid about the role they were looking to fill and how I could apply my background to support their growth. As an interviewee, this is exactly the type of interview you look forward to. Basically they tell you what they are looking for, and you tell them why you're qualified to help them and cite examples from your previous work experience to support your claims. I met with dfferent departments and naturally, they all approached the interview from their point of view. But the requirements were cohesive and I felt that the team was united in what they were looking for to fill the position. I also felt that the interview teams were very supportive with my responses, engaging with me in a two-way dialogue or, in some cases, asking me to come back to the original question if my answer was veering off in a different direction.

Interview structure is quite typical. In my case, I arrived at Ensequence HQ in downtown Portland just before 9am, and had 30 minute interviews with 1,2 or 3 representatives from different groups. In all, I had 7 mini-interviews, including lunch with the hiring manager. Everyone I met with was casual, welcoming, engaging and it appeared that they clearly enjoyed working at Ensequence. A lot of the people I met have been working there for a while which is a good sign for the company. In addition to asking me about my background, I could sense that they were also looking to see if I would be a good fit for the team, and it seemed that everyone who I met with would have some say with the hiring manager on whether or not I was the right candidate for the position. One thing that really stood out for me is their downtown office. When I arrived for the interview, I was ushered into their conference room which had beautiful views of Portland. After the interview I had a chance to walk around the downtown area, and it just felt so alive. I can only imagine what it must be like in the summers at lunch time. You can tell I'm a suburbanite.

If you're interviewing with Ensequence, I would recommend researching their market segment and getting a feel for the interactive TV market in general. If you get the call from Ensequence, they are very good at providing background information about their industry and examples of their products in action. Other than that, if you do get the opportunity to interview with Ensequence, understand the role they are trying to fill and try to address that with examples from your work experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage changing customer software requirements while still meeting schedule ?   View Answer
  • What are some things you wish you could be better at in your job ?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I don't think it's fair to say that I declined the offer, but there wasn't an option to say that I took myself out of the running before an offer could be made. It was a difficult decision, but it had to do with where I see my personal career path heading.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ensequence in October 2011.

Interview Details – Processes consisted of a short in-person "screen." I got invited back for a morning of four small panel interviews the following week. I was very impressed with the process and the people. They were very focused on team fit. No "trivia" questions. They were more interested in making sure I understood the position, the products, and the culture. Hiring manager followed through with prompt responses. Very approachable. Overall, a refreshing and honest two-way process for a company to follow to grow their company.

Interview Question – If you accepted a position here, what circumstances would make you want to leave?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ensequence? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ensequence interview questions and advice in Portland, OR. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ensequence employees and interview candidates.